Problem with gbodyparts wheel order

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdub

I Want to Go Fast
I called gbodyparts on 3/28/08 and ordered 2x 15x7 and 2x 15x8 Grand National wheels, costing me a hefty $850. I asked how long they would take to ship and was told if I ordered them then, it would be approx 2 weeks, if I waited, it would probably take 3-4 weeks due to the upcoming BG event. In addition there would be $500 core charge for the 4 wheels until my old wheels we're received by gbodyparts. I was told nothing would be charged to my card until they shipped.

The problem is that I have called gbodyparts about 10 times since then to check on the ship date, sometimes I spoke with someone on the phone and was told to either call back tomorrow to speak with the necessary person, or that that person would call me back and left my number with them. No one has ever called me back or provided me with any information on this order. As of a week or two ago, gbodyparts now has a message stating they are now using an answering serving and to leave a message, which I have at least 6+ times. I have also tried sending an email through gbodyparts.com which I have and also have received zero response.

As an added bonus they charged my card for the $500 core charge immediately, the $850 for the wheels + shipping has not been charged as of today. I understand that shipping times can change and maybe there is a legitimate reason for the delay, BUT there is absolutely no excuse for the total lack of any customer service I have received since giving them my cc #.

After searching the forums today I see that I am not alone in this matter. If anyone knows Brian that can ask him to give me a call, or post here, that would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps this is a breakdown in his staff that he is not aware off, all I know is I cant get anyone on the phone. All i want is my order to be shipped or for someone to tell my why is has not.

I also ordered an Alkycontrol kit and 2x 275/60/75 MT ET Street Radials the same day, they both arrived within a week. Wish I had something to mount those tires on…

Sounds pretty typical of them lately. They don't answer emails or phone calls, but then when you post your situation on the forums, they complain that you're venting the issue in public and making them look bad.

Had the same exact problem. And all I ordered was 2 gaskets! Dunno if he's still doing it, but a user on here helped me get what was owed. Check your pm box

brian had a heart attack. then he fired a bunch of guys. look at the thread above. email him directly. he will take care of you.

brian had a heart attack. then he fired a bunch of guys. look at the thread above. email him directly. he will take care of you.

I have PM'd and emailed Brian, also emailed Kasci. I hope that you're are correct and this gets resolved soon.

I called True Design Wheels to see if I had any another options on getting these wheels and found out that they are actually the only ones in the country who remans the GN/GNX style wheels and that they were currently working on my set of wheels for gbodyparts.com. They should be ready to ship in the middle of next week and will ship directly from True Design to me. Fantastic.

A common occurrence with GBodyParts, but you shouldn't mention it in public. If you recount bad experiences, the zombies will come out and get you.

i ordered from gbody hadn't seen the stuff yet so I emailed brian directly emailed me back right away.Sent me a tracking number for my parts and the direct email from the company on the parts i am waiting on.So i woul;d say email em but i guess if you want to skip the middle man thats your biz..

As far as charging you $500 right away for cores, this is because Brian needs to ship a set of wheels to get them widened for you. You recieved the other parts really fast that were ordered. The waiting time to get a set of wheels redone is going to be fairly short considering the work to be done and then shipping time, etc. You'll be happy with your purchase, just give him a little time.;)

As far as people bashing Brian lately, I hope you all realize what it takes to run a business. This isnt like going down to the local parts store. GBodyParts recieved thousands of phone calls and emails per day. Out of those emails, we are not the only guys he deals with. He sells parts to every type of GBody guy, Montes, Cutlass/Hurst Olds, GN's, etc. Trying to keep everyone happy and return phone calls to everyone is very difficult as well as packing, picking, shipping, ordering, and making parts. Give him a break. This is why the email system has some into play, no blabbing on the phone, documentation, and easy tracking number sytem. If it's necessary to talk, he'll get ahold of you as soon as he can.

I don't care what excuse is given, if a guy makes a payment, and gets put on ignore, that is bad business, period.

The last thing I wanted or expected to do when I placed the order a month ago was to have to post on a message board in a last ditch effort to contact the vendor. As I said before, I understand things take time, but the bottom line is I had NO OTHER WAY to get in contact with anyone at gbodyparts. I left voicemails, emails, no one contacted me.

I didn’t know who Brain was or that he was active on these forums until I had to search on gbodyparts when they didn’t call me back. The customer shouldn't have to track down the vendor, figure out what their email is and make contact to have an order filled.

The other oders I referenced where from other vendors.

I didn't contact TDW because I was trying to cutout the middle man, I was exploring other options as the gbodyparts order didn't appear it would be filled.

One phone call/email from someone at gbodyparts would have avoided this completely.

I don't care that I was charged for the core's right away, the only reason I brought it up at all was that I had in fact been charged a sizable amount of money and could not get in touch with the vendor despite many, many attempts.

I gave my cc # on 3/28, as far as I'm concerned they're paid for.

I agree! And Im really only here to give you a little conmfort on your purchase. It's a little different if Brian charged you for the wheels on your card vs not charging you until they are complete. You'll be happy with your purchase. I talk with Brian frequently and he is hard to get ahold of for me too. I can tell you email is the best way.

JDPOLZIN, calm down before you blow a head gasket. You like GBodyParts, he takes care of you, that's fine.

CDUB paid his bucks up front and got zero response from GBody. No one likes to pay for something then get put on ignore. Brian has taken a lot of hits in the past year or two, and many of them are a result of not talking to the customer. I don't care how busy you are, or how bad the help is, or how sick you are, if you open your business doors and take someone's money, then you owe them the courtesy of a prompt response. That's all this is, just a lack of courtesy to the customer.

Now, that's my humble opinion- blast away.

Status
Not open for further replies.