power plate Question

Originally posted by turbosam6
I just had to ask- what exactly did you smoke before you wrote that? Seriously, did that even make sense to you? I think everyone is more than happy to let you and your brother believe whatever you will, but since he has decided to respond to other threads saying that the plate may not work, its starting to irritate people. Did you read the 2 or 3 posts showing test results from pressure readings ABOVE AND BELOW THE PLATE?? I get the feeling you just want to stand firm in your ignorance, since you've carried on this far. And thats fine, but don't take others with you. Some people come to this board looking for useful information, they don't need to hear what 2 guys theorize to be true, when niether of them have any evidence to support their misbelievings. Argue all you want, but keep it in this thread, do not post elsewhere to some poor unsuspecting newcomer, that the power plate doesn't work, or may not work. Please?Thank you.

Damm you want some cheese with all that whine? Was these pressure test done static of flowing? Did they have some sort of restriction so it could build a boost type senario? "Like an Intake valve that is NOT friggin open all the time? If they did, what was the damm pressure on each runner with the plate and with out it?

I bet the pressure was the same on all cylinders without the plate.

gees...I did not buy the plate to run with my sheetmetal Intake..It was for the stock one......

I'm convinced from the statements made that this thing does help point out major airflow distribution problems in the stock intake and can help alleviate the situation.
I know it will never happen but it would be great if someone designed and manufactured a nice new intake for us that would eliminate this problem(possible?).Maybe even more dramatic gains would be obtainable with the right design.

Read the signature right above your post and note that he is running a KM sheetmetal intake. :)

There is your source...now we can argue over KM's numbers for his intake. :)

Sometimes when people are talking, you think they just couldn't possibly say anything dumber than the last thing they said, then they prove you wrong. Thanks for the entertainment.

Anytime.....:D

What does a Mease Intake have to do with this? I never said anything in refernce to a Mease Intake and the PP....

Originally posted by BoostedBug
What does a Mease Intake have to do with this? I never said anything in refernce to a Mease Intake and the PP....

You have to read the posts as they come to keep up. :)

Originally posted by BoostedBug
Well I am going to make one more statement...I belive I can speak for Hyper as he is my older brother.

We never said the plate and I quote thiis "do what it suppose to do" . What my point was that the plate served as a restricter thus limiting the actual boost getting to the cylinders which richend up the motor. Boost is measured at the throttle body not at the cylinder.

By doing this you are making yourself think you are running more boost but actualy your not.

So if you was running 16lbs with no knock, installed a plate that acts as a restricter then of course you could turn the boost up a pound or two without getting knock as you are just getting back to where you started.

This has been my position on this from jump street.....

And oh yea...had the plate and just sold it...Never put it on the car.

Boosted, do you, by any chance, play the banjo?

I put the powerplate on my car and it absolutly work's like Jason say's it does. I was able to increase my boost 4lbs. I tested it at the track. I made 3 base line runs without the plate with the boost as high as I can go just tickling the knock sensor. Then I installed the plate and made four more runs with the plate. Increasing the boost 1lb each run. At the end of the day the plate allowed me an increase of 4lbs of boost and a reduction of 3 tenths e.t.. I ran the car in Las Vegas and ran 33lbs of boost and got 30 degrees knock retard in 3rd gear and no head gasket failure. Thank God for the powerplate!!

Originally posted by FLYNRYAN87
I ran the car in Las Vegas and ran 33lbs of boost and got 30 degrees knock retard in 3rd gear and no head gasket failure. Thank God for the powerplate!!

Let me get this right,I can run 33 lbs of boost with a whopping 30 degrees of KR and the headgaskets are safe and sound due to the powerplate? It actually way better than I ever perceived,gotta get one before I fire the car up in the spring for sure now;) I wasted my money on this propane kit, that's for sure.

Originally posted by TurboBuickSix
Let me get this right,I can run 33 lbs of boost with a whopping 30 degrees of KR and the headgaskets are safe and sound due to the powerplate? It actually way better than I ever perceived,gotta get one before I fire the car up in the spring for sure now;) I wasted my money on this propane kit, that's for sure.

YEAH-
that pretty much killed the thread i think-

whats funny to me is that the people who bash the power plate don't even own one. Thats alright thats just one mod we will have that you don't.:D

heres what ive got to say

yes the boost at the valves should all be the same with or without the pp 20 PSI IS 20 PSI.... BUT boost is not exzaclty relative to airflow- every turbo has different ratings at 20 psi a t70 runs about 1400 CFM a stock turbo runs 625 CFM (CUBIC FEE TPER MINUTE) There for, it is not boost it is regulating, that will not change with the plate, But the actual airflow(CFM) is what it is redirecting.the rear cylinder can see more CFM at the same boost level when the air is flowing faster in that direction.
Otto
Also for what its worth, i had a hemco upper and my egts would top out at 1700 through fourth gear-Now with the precision upper and plate and the same exact tune ( irun a FAST) they are now only 1610 on the same pass at the same outside temp.

Re: heres what ive got to say

Originally posted by KLHAMMETT
yes the boost at the valves should all be the same with or without the pp 20 PSI IS 20 PSI.... BUT boost is not exzaclty relative to airflow- every turbo has different ratings at 20 psi a t70 runs about 1400 CFM a stock turbo runs 625 CFM (CUBIC FEE TPER MINUTE) There for, it is not boost it is regulating, that will not change with the plate, But the actual airflow(CFM) is what it is redirecting.the rear cylinder can see more CFM at the same boost level when the air is flowing faster in that direction.
Otto
Also for what its worth, i had a hemco upper and my egts would top out at 1700 through fourth gear-Now with the precision upper and plate and the same exact tune ( irun a FAST) they are now only 1610 on the same pass at the same outside temp.

This is what I was looking for. Guys read his post...No smarta$$ comments...Just the facts....Thanks, I can see the light now....

"It would be poor business for Jason to dilute his profit margin by investing more money in a proven product that satisfies his customer base with no real chance of additional return. That is management."

Pure BS.

How many years did it take to almost do away with plenum spacers?

Making more power could actually be leaning out the car eh?

I'd prefer to know about redirecting airflow properly to all the cylinders, that would be the reason for the EGT test.

I could car less about 5-10 horsepower I want the reduced knock capability touted by many, practically promised by RJ. Jr. that just didn't materialize on my cars.

Yeah I own them too.... :rolleyes:

Do the darn test. :)

I too have a PP, but not installed yet, for use on the Accufab TB. I ordered the proper one for this TB

My current setup has a big TB spacer. Do I have to remove it or can I keep it?

Interesting thread.

Thanks,