Owners with GT6152's combo's and times please.

New times are in my sig....check out that 60' time:eek:
I would bet with a L/U converter I would have seen the mph more in the 123 area...On this trip to the track the car went 11.22, 11.19, 11.15, 11.10, & 10.91. This was done with 100% 91 octane and methanol injection...26* of timing in 1st and 2nd and 22* in 3rd shifting at 5000 rpm and 25 psi through the traps. The motor seemed to like me dropping the target a/f ratio from 11.5 to 11.3 in high gear...alky setting was 4.5 on the blue knob.

Congrats Joe.. Keep up the good work..

Julio

Congrats Joe.. Keep up the good work..

Julio

Thanks buddy, it's just a budget motor with some crap from the spare parts bin thrown at it;) How are you doing? If I don't talk to you before hand, have a great turkey day and Christmas!

Congrats Joe, as Julio used to say "thats hauling the mail" :biggrin:

Wonder if a better convertor would get you more MPH?

Now just put the car on a diet and come to the shootout, im sure you could get a little better of a ET.

Thats awesome man!

BW

Wow, that's gettin it on! Nice 60ft for Dr's too:eek: What are the no hop uppers, don't think iv'e heard of those.

Wow, that's gettin it on! Nice 60ft for Dr's too:eek: What are the no hop uppers, don't think iv'e heard of those.

No Hop bars have been around since the 60's or 70's...basically they relocate the upper control arms to bring the instant center closer to the middle of the car where it really needs to be. If you make an imaginary line from the uppers in their original location you will find that that run down much closer to the front of the car where it's not the best for racing. The best case senario is to have the uppers and lower intersect with one another right at the center of the car. If your interested in a set, Summit Racing sells them and they are not very expensive at all. Southside Machine sells the lowers which are also relocated more towards the center....they ride rough...they are solid mounted.

If it is the same as a PTE-61 which I have on my car, it went 11.98 @ 118 mph in a fully optioned t-roof 87 GN on Radial Tires and 22# of boost with 22* timing in third and 4th gears.

My other mods are PP stock irons with larger valves and a Cotton's front mount, 60# injectors, ATR 3 inch dual exhaust, ATR double pumpers, SMC Alky kit with 94 Octane fuel, TT Chip. Car has almost 50K miles on the stock bottom end.

This turbo works very well with the PATS 10 inch 3,200-3,400 rpm converter I have. I made the above run with no boost off the line as my car can't hold any while foot braking. Still working on this.

Still not that familiar with turbos as this is my first GN. I'm sure there are other numbers on the turbo housing which I am forgetting to mention.

has anyone got the new boosted turbos from pte? i.e. 6157 or 6162?

the 6157 spools faster and makes the same hp as the 6152:cool:

the pte 61 mm compressor wheel is the garrett GT35R (as well as the bb).

i'm pretty sure the hp57, hp62, and hp65 aka F1 turbine wheels come from turbonetics. Turbonetics Owners Club

fwiw, i've been told by a turbo reseller that the t4 p trim wheel wasn't a good match for the 61mm comp - as used in the gt6176r. turbonetics offers the f1-35r...gt35r comp, s cover, f1-65 turbine, dbb and divided t4 housing. they've made 660 whp with a turbo that spools quicker than a gt6152. the gt6176r wasn't popular for v6...maybe a 6165r will be?

the pte 61 mm compressor wheel is the garrett GT35R (as well as the bb).

i'm pretty sure the hp57, hp62, and hp65 aka F1 turbine wheels come from turbonetics. Turbonetics Owners Club

fwiw, i've been told by a turbo reseller that the t4 p trim wheel wasn't a good match for the 61mm comp - as used in the gt6176r. turbonetics offers the f1-35r...gt35r comp, s cover, f1-65 turbine, dbb and divided t4 housing. they've made 660 whp with a turbo that spools quicker than a gt6152. the gt6176r wasn't popular for v6...maybe a 6165r will be?

Interesting...

I'm interested in those new Boosted turbos as well. Technically I have enough converter to handle the 6152 just fine but I wonder if I would still benefit from the spool of the 6157... or if I'd just be blowing the tires off with 400RPM over the recommended stall for that turbo. FullThrottle recommends 2800, I have a Pat's 3200-3400.

Someone give me an opinion so I can order during the Year End sale!

i believe fts is being conservative rating spool with the new turbos. the new turbines are supposed to quicken spool, but stall is rated the same as the old turbos. you'll be fine with a 6162 or 6765.

I've got a '98 Firebird with a shortblock from a Grand Prix GTP. ported heads, Stage 3 cam (223/214), 3200 stall, 42.5lb injectors, and a big front-mount intercooler. I have the GT 6152E coming from fullthrottle sometime this week. When I get it dyno'd I'll post #s.... I don't drag though. I'm hoping for ~350whp.

well guys i can tell ya the 6152 spools like mad with a 3200 stall in my car i really think it needs a 3k stall. i can smack my car from a dead stop and have full boost in less that the time it takes the car to roll one car length. thent he tires are up in smoke. this thing drives like a stock turbo.

it might be due to some of the tuning i have done in the fast to help get rid of the lag i dunno it spools like mad tho.

I've finally had some time to tune the car. I wouldn't reccomend this turbo to anyone with <3000 stall, although I do need a slight exhaust refab to get mine flowing right.

I'm only running 10-11 pounds right now and it seems to be maxing out my 42.5 injectors but it pulls pretty hard once it hits 3200 RPM.