Owners with GT6152's combo's and times please.

Dang Slo......you have me itching to get Ol Gray back together and broken in, and hit the track. Those are some very good times for hard tires....the mph is killer for 20 psi and a stock cam. I'm curious how OG is gonna run since I have a few more mods (roller cam, 1.6 rockers, S-cover 6152, PTE fmic). Dang this is going to be a fun year..... :biggrin:

Ran the 6152 again this evening at E-town.

1st run:
60' 1.59
330 4.65
1/8 7.28
1/8 92.9
1000 9.57
1/4 11.53
1/4 114.5

2nd run:
60' 1.55
330 4.60
1/8 7.23
1/8 92.8
1000 9.52
1/4 11.48
1/4 112.4

3rd run:
60' 1.57
330 4.64
1/8 7.28
1/8 92.4
1000 9.59
1/4 11.55
1/4 114.2

Temps were in the high 30's, a bit chilly. All runs at 27lbs boost. First run was 26/23 timing, 2nd run 26/24 timing, and 3rd run 23/21 timing. Seems like the higher timing in 3rd didn't help.

I'm finally illegal! I was warned by two tech people that I need to get a cage! :biggrin:

He running 50 pounders, Looks my oo9 with alky will definately not be enough. Thinking of going with 60lb's from fullthrottle. Great runs. I am hoping to get in the low 11 with same setup except for the powerstroke intercooler. Did you feel the 28" were to tall. Thanks for the info Justin

Yes, I'm running 50# MSDs. On those runs I was at around 80% injector with the alky (actually methanol). If you plan on running anything bigger than a 44/49 might as well go with the biggest injectors you can for the stock ECM. I think the chipmakers have a good handle on them and I don't remember seeing any complaints about driveablility.

I think with a better flowing intercooler, it will help reduce the pressure loss from the turbo to the intake. To be producing 27lbs boost, I might be making 30lbs at the turbo and losing 3 or more across the stock IC. As some people have mentioned in other threads, this might be out of the turbos efficiency range. Will be interesting to see how much a front mount will help me. I'll probably need a cage first though....

The 28" tires help out in two ways. First, it definitely seems to grip better. If I was on 26" tires I'd be spinning them more often in the cold weather. Secondly, it helps lower the rpm on the top end. Too much rpm will be out of the power range of the stock cam. Also helps to keep the rpm down it you want the engine to last longer. This will also depend on how efficient your converter is and whether you lock it or not. My converter is not very efficient. 26" tires are not an option unless I want to put it in overdrive (I don't).

My rpms are still too high and my mph is a tad low for my ETs. With a multidisc lockup converter I could probably shave a .1 or more off my ET. With a better 60' when it warms up I could be looking at 11.2s or so on a new converter. Not bad for a stock setup.

sorry to keep bugging you about your combo Murphster. i am asking all these questions because i am building a 4.1 motor. i will be using hyper pistons, ported stock heads, aftermarket cam, stock headers,stock i/c with big neck, gt6152s turbo i purchased from a board member, alky, & ?? injectors. i have a 3000l/u converter for this combo. lmk if this combo sounds like it all matches up together. it's still in the works due to $$. thanks for any info. Carlos R.

FRom the dyno sheet i have from my car witht he mods below and a stock cam. The power starts to fall off about 54-5500. But i think some 1.65 rockers will help the stock cam out.

8tsixt said:
sorry to keep bugging you about your combo Murphster. i am asking all these questions because i am building a 4.1 motor. i will be using hyper pistons, ported stock heads, aftermarket cam, stock headers,stock i/c with big neck, gt6152s turbo i purchased from a board member, alky, & ?? injectors. i have a 3000l/u converter for this combo. lmk if this combo sounds like it all matches up together. it's still in the works due to $$. thanks for any info. Carlos R.

I can't say much about the pistons/cam because mine are still stock. With the ported heads, you might want a better flowing intercooler such as a huge stock location or a front mount. As for injectors, I'd get the 60lb injectors for the stock ECM. With the alky, should get you well into 10's. For a GT6152 "S" turbo, the 3000 converter may not be enough. May want something in the 3300-3400 range. You could probably use the 3000 converter, just won't spool as fast.

As far as the stock cam, I think most people say the power starts to level off in the low 5000 rpms.

Murphster: we have similar combos , i just ordered the 60#'s and extreme chip for the trans plus and 28x9 slicks wiil be used this year. we'll see what a 128k mile motor can do. thanks for the reply :D

jetmech said:
Murphster: we have similar combos , i just ordered the 60#'s and extreme chip for the trans plus and 28x9 slicks wiil be used this year. we'll see what a 128k mile motor can do. thanks for the reply :D

The Extreme Extender is for low z injectors. 60's are high z's. Might want to check on that so you don't have any possible trouble.

mike told me he can do the extreme in the 60's. I thought the same thing but thats what he told me when i called him.

This is getting off topic.... but the extreme chip measures up to 768 gm/sec airflow..... where the regular extender measures 512 gm/sec. I don't know about you... but 512 gm/sec seems a plenty unless you are running a lot bigger inch stage II setup on lots of boost....... just my opinion...... but there isn't a big deal for 99% of the perople running a translator if they can't measure over 512 gm/sec for airflow. I am unaware if there are any other differences.

I would have to use the Extreme for my combo due to the 60/65# Motrons, but also thinking about the Trans Pro/LM1 setup so I don't have to worry about the MAF readings pegging. Then again, I'm going to be moving a little bit of air....healthy ported irons, intake, GT6152S, XR-1 roller cam, PTE fmic. Also looking at going with a 65mm tb/plenum combo.....gotta get all the air flow I can....lol. It's definitely gonna be fun......and motor should be ready this weekend (knock on wood). :biggrin:

Blazer406 said:
This is getting off topic.... but the extreme chip measures up to 768 gm/sec airflow..... where the regular extender measures 512 gm/sec. I don't know about you... but 512 gm/sec seems a plenty unless you are running a lot bigger inch stage II setup on lots of boost....... just my opinion...... but there isn't a big deal for 99% of the perople running a translator if they can't measure over 512 gm/sec for airflow. I am unaware if there are any other differences.

I was hitting 510gm/sec on my old set up, Bolt on only, stock unopened motor and PT61. You be suprised how many guys would be hitting that number.

Murphster- How much better can your 60' times get? Mid 1.5's is super on a stock type set up. I was in the same boat as you before I did my motor last year and at 11.40 with mid 1.5 60' times, it was done. Might could have seen 11.30 on a perfect day. At that time I knew I had to go into the motor if I were to go any faster.

DonnieShort said:
I was hitting 510gm/sec on my old set up, Bolt on only, stock unopened motor and PT61. You be suprised how many guys would be hitting that number.

Murphster- How much better can your 60' times get? Mid 1.5's is super on a stock type set up. I was in the same boat as you before I did my motor last year and at 11.40 with mid 1.5 60' times, it was done. Might could have seen 11.30 on a perfect day. At that time I knew I had to go into the motor if I were to go any faster.

I stand corrected....I am still running the stock turbo... and when I had the stock chip (8 months ago....pre-alky).... it got in the 230's or maybe low 240's gm/sec at 13-14 psi with a stock engine....I never imagined you could double that figure with just bolt-ons :eek: :eek: ...... kinda gets me excited about putting on a bigger turbo...... I really want some 11's before I pull the stock turbo off (boost currently set at 23 psi)..... Currently I am in search of a 1.50 60' time.... that will be a good start......

DonnieShort said:

You might have had the translator up a few points(richer mixture) because it's hard to hit that number with the WOT on zero if not impossible with the PT61 on an unopened motor. I have a pretty good flowing setup and have been out in 30 degree weather and the most I could hit was 502 with 21 psi and that was with the translator adding 8% more fuel. I believe it does this by inflating the MAF number to obtain a richer mixture. When I run it at 4%, the number dropped to the low/mid 400s. I know my setup flows alot better than an unopened motor so the 510 was probably due to the translator and not actual airflow.

I have well over 50 logs in Turbolink with the new and old setup and I pay very close attention to the MAF flow numbers.

Marc87GN said:
You might have had the translator up a few points(richer mixture) because it's hard to hit that number with the WOT on zero if not impossible with the PT61 on an unopened motor. I have a pretty good flowing setup and have been out in 30 degree weather and the most I could hit was 502 with 21 psi and that was with the translator adding 8% more fuel. I believe it does this by inflating the MAF number to obtain a richer mixture. When I run it at 4%, the number dropped to the low/mid 400s. I know my setup flows alot better than an unopened motor so the 510 was probably due to the translator and not actual airflow.

I have well over 50 logs in Turbolink with the new and old setup and I pay very close attention to the MAF flow numbers.

I wondered if that could actually be the case.... but I kept my mouth shut...... I am impressed none-the-less if mid 400's are obtainable with bolt ons and a 61..... I'll probably get a GT6152S at some point..... I've found very little bad from anyone that has actually run this turbo..... I guess the debate is still there if an old school TE61 can make more power at 28-30 psi than the GT6152 is capable of... regardless of boost...... I am very interested to see that......

DonnieShort said:
Murphster- How much better can your 60' times get? Mid 1.5's is super on a stock type set up. I was in the same boat as you before I did my motor last year and at 11.40 with mid 1.5 60' times..

I think I can get even better 60' times. I was leaving with 8lbs boost or so on most of my 1.5 60' times. I could feel that there was still a little lag off the line before the car really took off. I didn't want to leave with more boost because I did spin the couple of times I tried leaving with more boost, but this was in 35 degree weather or so. When the temps warm up to mid 50's or higher and the track gets a little stickier, I'm hoping I can leave with about 11lbs or so. Even though I've had great 60' times, it has more in it if the tires will hold.

With my chip I am able to pull fuel out of 1st gear only to help lean it out and hit quicker on the bottom. I'm also using an RJC boost controller to help spool up faster. I'm using an AC 9" 3200 converter which is probably way too loose though. There is still a slight delay when I leave the line and the car builds up boost to 20+ lbs. If I only leave with 5lbs of boost on the line I can feel this delay bog the car down. I will still get a 1.6 60', but it doesn't feel as good.

It will be a little while before I know if i can get 1.4s though. I'm probably going to throw a stock turbo on for a little bit and then get a cage sometime over the summer. Don't want to run another 11.4 and get kicked off the track for good.

DonnieShort said:

MQUOTE]

I agree i have seen my car @ 21-22 psi hit over 400 grams a sec. so i would be on the verge of the chip @ 25-26 psi so i went and got the extreme and the extreme has got a few more function on the chips also