Owners with GT6152's combo's and times please.

Do you have ported heads and what intercooler?

yes i have a set of ported irons with bigger intake valves. I do have a FMIC it's a RJC mega cooler. i also have a 200/200 lunati cam with 1.65 roller tipped kenne bell rockers. motor is .040 overbore.

with a DBB 6152, what convertor is having the best success? Will a restalled d5 cut it with the DBB unit?

I havent done much tuning yet (@ track 1 time this year) but 1.6 60ft, 7.68 @ 87mph. Havent got to the 1/4 mile track yet. My best last year with the 49 was 7.47 @ 90. ( 11.8 @ 114 in 1/4) I also went to 60lb injectors, a slightly taller tire & a little more stall in my converter. I think the stock intercooler is my limiting factor as of now. I think 7.3 and 11.5 is reasonable with proper tuning.:cool:

Dont want to stall too high, I'm at 3000/3400 & I can feel it push through a little on WOT. No problem spooling though. My buddy (challengerMike) has a 2700/2900 & he is having all kinds of problems boosting at the line with his gt6152..

just looked up Full Throttle perf. and it looks like they are showing two different prices for this turbo - 799 and 829. seem to be the same configuration. Am I missing something? Thanx:confused:

I can't decide if I want to toss a 208/208 camshaft in my motor or not, you guys with stock long blocks going 120+mph are making me lean towards no.

My thoughts are it's out of the car, might as well do it while it's easy. The thing holding me back is that I have two TT chips burnt for my combo (stock camshaft), so I don't know if the fuel trim would be an issue after adding a 208/208.

Combo will be 6152RE, 22 row stretch, 60s, D5, stock heads/intake.

Input?

I can't decide if I want to toss a 208/208 camshaft in my motor or not, you guys with stock long blocks going 120+mph are making me lean towards no.

My thoughts are it's out of the car, might as well do it while it's easy. The thing holding me back is that I have two TT chips burnt for my combo (stock camshaft), so I don't know if the fuel trim would be an issue after adding a 208/208.

Combo will be 6152RE, 22 row stretch, 60s, D5, stock heads/intake.

Input?

I'd contact Eric and ask...he's da man!

I sent him an email about it, still trying to decide if the cam upgrade is worth it. With all these guys going 120+mph on bone stock long blocks I'm tempted to leave the cam stock. I have a second motor that is the "real" motor for the car, the one I bought for $500 is just to hold me over until the other one is built.

I sent him an email about it, still trying to decide if the cam upgrade is worth it. With all these guys going 120+mph on bone stock long blocks I'm tempted to leave the cam stock. I have a second motor that is the "real" motor for the car, the one I bought for $500 is just to hold me over until the other one is built.

Is your D5 converter stock?
If so I am not sure the cam will give much benefit.

Is your D5 converter stock?
If so I am not sure the cam will give much benefit.

Yeah, stock D5. That's what I've decided (208 doesn't seem worth it). I bought the last of the parts I needed yesterday after Eric returned my email.

Leaving for a road trip tomorrow, hoping all of my parts to finish this thing are here by the time I get back, then the fun begins. Thanks for the input guys. :cool:

just installed a 61/52E! i was worried about what this turbo could actually do...thanks for the information! all was helpful:cool:

new personal best

hey guys

I made it back out to the track tonite.

6.76 @ 102.77 mph with a 1.54 60ft boost was 20-21 psi 22 degrees of timing. i left @ 5 psi off the T-brak.

the engine is a girdled 109 stroker crank forged pistons dls roller cam 214/214 ported Ta alum heads ported stock intake roller rockers 9x11 3200 stall 72lb injectors.

Looking good. It's promising to see someone else still pushing this little turbo.

I can't wait 'til BG, are you making the ride up?

I need to get out and make few passes, but my local track has had to many big events scheduled lately.

hey guys

I made it back out to the track tonite.

6.76 @ 102.77 mph with a 1.54 60ft boost was 20-21 psi 22 degrees of timing. i left @ 5 psi off the T-brak.

the engine is a girdled 109 stroker crank forged pistons dls roller cam 214/214 ported Ta alum heads ported stock intake roller rockers 9x11 3200 stall 72lb injectors.

Is this the fastest a GT6152e has been?

amazing

You know I cant help but look at this thread and wonder. Most people wonder if they made the right choice of this turbo or that turbo and NEVER really find out the limit of the current turbo they have or worry about pushing it hard or breaking something. I look and read at the things that Bison has done and that really shows me that most people never even come close to the potential of what setup they currently have can do much less its absolute potential because they are so afraid to push that envelope, yet 99% of us including myself doesn't know even where the edge is. I would have thought the 6152 would have had to be 27-28+psi to do what it did last night. Who would have ever thought that the 6152 would have such power at 20-21 psi on the right setup and probably never find its true capabilities. Hats off to you Patrick for that feat. I'm sure that the turbo has lots more untapped power yet available. So to all the 6152 owners I would say based on what I seen last night personally that this particular turbo is a great choice for the street. It is one mean little turbo with the proper setup.

You know I cant help but look at this thread and wonder. Most people wonder if they made the right choice of this turbo or that turbo and NEVER really find out the limit of the current turbo they have or worry about pushing it hard or breaking something. I look and read at the things that Bison has done and that really shows me that most people never even come close to the potential of what setup they currently have can do much less its absolute potential because they are so afraid to push that envelope, yet 99% of us including myself doesn't know even where the edge is. I would have thought the 6152 would have had to be 27-28+psi to do what it did last night. Who would have ever thought that the 6152 would have such power at 20-21 psi on the right setup and probably never find its true capabilities. Hats off to you Patrick for that feat. I'm sure that the turbo has lots more untapped power yet available. So to all the 6152 owners I would say based on what I seen last night personally that this particular turbo is a great choice for the street. It is one mean little turbo with the proper setup.
Great post. With a purpose built engine and a tight combo you can get way more out of less. The old PT54 as been low 10's at over 130mph also. The potential is always there.

Slogn congrats! Is it hard to keep it in line on the street? With that long block and a quick spooling Turbo like that it has to be a handful. Did you intend to keep that Turbo for the build or did you just try it and liked the results?

Slogn congrats! Is it hard to keep it in line on the street? With that long block and a quick spooling Turbo like that it has to be a handful. Did you intend to keep that Turbo for the build or did you just try it and liked the results?

I have had the turbo for 4-5 yrs now and when i built the stroker i was just gonna see what this turbo could do.

i had to crank down on the wastegate alot to get the 20 psi out of it so i dunno if it has anymore left in it.

This past friday i ordered a 67hpq DBB billet wheel turbo:eek:

I have had the turbo for 4-5 yrs now and when i built the stroker i was just gonna see what this turbo could do.

i had to crank down on the wastegate alot to get the 20 psi out of it so i dunno if it has anymore left in it.

This past friday i ordered a 67hpq DBB billet wheel turbo:eek:

Cool! Keep us posted. Are you in a area where you will be able to get back to the track with the new Turbo to get some testing in? The weather can change so fast when the going gets good.