New car just want input on what to do next

We cant be confusing him!! He's already on track to purchase the required items to switch over from the 7th injector...;)
What's there to disagree with? Majority favored getting rid of the 7th injector and he already purchased the alky kit?:confused:

If every thing comes in by the 16th ivan@turbotimepsi.comI'll install it all before I go to the track. [ivan@turbotimepsi.comATTACH=full]222828[/ATTACH] the alky kit came now just need the injectors and the chip or I'll be running like it is and see what I can do

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1399505710.100411.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1399505710.100411.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 113
I ran Red's double pumper back in the TSM days with 96 lb/hr injectors, a 70mm turbo and 224/224 camshaft. That setup will supply enough fuel to get you deep in the 9's without having to redo your fuel lines.

Also, I saw your post about issues launching the car. Here are a things I found in all the years we raced with a similar combo:

1.) I found I could not just stab the throttle on the line. It would just sit there at about 3 psi. I had to part throttle and let the turb "catch up" for lack of a better word and then get into the throttle more.

2.) You will need more RPM to spool that turbo. We would launch the car around 4,200 RPM.

3.) One of the best things we ever put on the car was one of Dusty's PTC converters. Making no other changes, I could easily go from 0 psi to 12 psi just in the time it took for the christmas tree to come down (3 bulb tree, not a pro tree). The technology in that converter is amazing. Very loose at low RPM for spooling, you can actually see it couple in the data log to the point it would have only around 5% slip going through the traps. It's a big ticket item, but you will be very happy with the performance.

I ran Red's double pumper back in the TSM days with 96 lb/hr injectors, a 70mm turbo and 224/224 camshaft. That setup will supply enough fuel to get you deep in the 9's without having to redo your fuel lines.

Also, I saw your post about issues launching the car. Here are a things I found in all the years we raced with a similar combo:

1.) I found I could not just stab the throttle on the line. It would just sit there at about 3 psi. I had to part throttle and let the turb "catch up" for lack of a better word and then get into the throttle more.

2.) You will need more RPM to spool that turbo. We would launch the car around 4,200 RPM.

3.) One of the best things we ever put on the car was one of Dusty's PTC converters. Making no other changes, I could easily go from 0 psi to 12 psi just in the time it took for the christmas tree to come down (3 bulb tree, not a pro tree). The technology in that converter is amazing. Very loose at low RPM for spooling, you can actually see it couple in the data log to the point it would have only around 5% slip going through the traps. It's a big ticket item, but you will be very happy with the performance.
How street able is the converter?
How is the price on them?

When I had the V6 in the car with the PTC, I drove it very little; once in a while to a cruise in 10 minutes away. With the V8 I hardly drive it on the street at all, so I don't have a lot of personal experience with this converter on the stree. However, a good friend of mine, Bob Hansen, has one in his THS car. He drives his a lot more on the street. He said on level ground it's 100 to 200 more RPM then the Vigilante he used to have and a little more then that going up a hill. He also said the gain far out shines any downside in street manners.

The last person that I know of to buy a PTC paid $950. That was about a year ago.

Going to try and install the alky kit but the instructions must be for an older kit cause there not matching up. The pump has two white wires coming off it. Ones running into the harness and one is free is the other one a ground? The harness has a red and black wire and I believe an insulation wire.coming off the controller there's plug with a orange, red,purple and a grey,green, and light brown going into one plug. There's a little bulb wired into the orange and brown wires. Then there's a red white and black wire coming off another port.the third port has a black wire and an orange wire with a fuse in it that goes to a plug then switches to a red and black wire. I'm no sure where any of them go. I'm assuming that the red and black wires from the the pump harness connect to the red and black wires coming from the control but what one?

Call Julio he will be glad to help you out if its his kit.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

well i got the 80lb injectors installed and alky kit with the new chip. the car seems to be running smooth. havent installed the new pump yet still looking for some instructions on it before i can. the alky kit and everything seems to be working good with it. i took it out and didnt seem to want to build boost so i brought it back home and did a leak down test and found that my egr delete plate was leaking pretty bad so i took it off and put some gasket sealer on it. im hoping thats it but not sure cause it was doing fine before i switched stuff.

Just ordered a power logger so I can try and tune it better. Cars building boost now can't figure out the launch though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk