My progress thread...

Hey Jesse---shipping on that rad support is gonna be GRUESOME!! Something like $125 or more!!:eek: :eek: It's big and heavy...according to UPS anyway. Sure you don't want to meet up somewhere? Might be worth it! Let me know ---Keith

Man I wish you lived closer to here. I just stopped by the boneyard again today and the REgal they have has good floor boards and a good core support. If I had a cutting torch or something to cut that floor out, I'd gladly do it but I have no such tools. I'm laid off right now so I am going to do some snopping around the local boneyards.

Maybe that's why the GN doesn't run quite right yet!!!:biggrin: :biggrin:
It was great to meet a fellow TR nut! I hope to meet Jesse as well as many others along the way...you all seem like a great bunch!!:D :D We all need to meet up and polish off some beers and shoot the s#!t some time!!;)

Yeah, I always say, if it doesnt run right, the first thing i would fix is that loose screw behind the wheel!

Man, we should meet up sometime this Fall in Des Moines. I could invite Jose from Grinnel and he knows a few others in that area!

sawzalls are AWESOME TOOLS Jeremy;) :cool: I should be allright as long as I get up to spencer soon. Just look out for the stuff I need- a header, and we4/blackout specific parts including interior if you come across it. Keith, Dont' be scared to shop around for shipping prices, you'd be surprised. I still have plenty to do as is and certain things that need to be done before hand. Plus this freakin' house:rolleyes: . Got a line on a guy to finish framing my basement for 10 bucks an hour so if I line this up I'll have a lot more time and less to deal with so I can get back into the car.

Yeah, I always say, if it doesnt run right, the first thing i would fix is that loose screw behind the wheel!

Man, we should meet up sometime this Fall in Des Moines. I could invite Jose from Grinnel and he knows a few others in that area!

I don't know if anyone could fix that screw!!:D :D The meet up sounds awesome!! I gotta get the GN done soon!! The wife is gonna shoot me if I keep workin on it so much! Plus, I'd rather drive it to meet you guys...be cheaper than the Ram, and better than the Sonata!!!:eek:

I'm pulling the intake tonight to see if that is where the oil in #3 is coming from...good thing you suggested that, I might not have thought of that for a while!!:tongue:

You be up for it Jesse??

Yeha you shuld be able to see tracks if it did come through there. What intake gaskets did you use? Im using Felpro 1200's on the Stage motor. I just got the intake to the powder coater yesturday so it will be on like donkey Kong soon!

Hmm. Have to see about that. I'll leave it up to the woman cause if she isn't having a good time then NO ONE is having a good time:rolleyes: . Have to see how cash flow and job situation is. Trying to get a new job at Cargil and I think I finally got a shot. 17.30+ to start doesn't sound bad:cool: ONly thing that sucks is it's a 24 hour operation. I'll run it by Jenn and see what she says. Probably have to be before the sh!t hits the fan with the weather. She wants to go to the LUMBERYARD, sounds like a good meet up to me;)

:D HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHe WANTS BIGGER WOOD TO WORK WITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:biggrin: :D :biggrin: :eek: :biggrin: :D :biggrin: :) :cool:

HAHA!!!!!!!! Damn guys, why do we all have to be so far spread out in this freakin state?! Imagine if we all lived in the same town! Our significant others would probably leave us! Oh wait, I dont have a significant other, so what town do ya'll want to move to?????:biggrin:

HAHA!!!!!!!! Damn guys, why do we all have to be so far spread out in this freakin state?! Imagine if we all lived in the same town! Our significant others would probably leave us! Oh wait, I dont have a significant other, so what town do ya'll want to move to?????:biggrin:

Wanna move to DSM?? I might know a few folks in your line of work!!:D :D
I dunno, mama gets testy when I'm on the board...what do you think it would be like if we were all in the garage drinkin beer???!!! FUN!!! THAT'S WHAT!!:D :D :D

Yeah but we'd have some damn fast cars!!!!!! I think the women would understand! Especially when that new little baby "BOY" pops out and wants to cruise with dad, then mom wont mind so much!

Well I know Jenn doesn't wanna go anywhere so looks like I"m stuck here, and because of that pesky first time home buyers loan I can't sell for another 6 yrs without getting penalized:eek:

Sometimes I think she wishes she had more wood, but I got a whole stack of it downstairs and she hasn't touched it for months!:biggrin:

I think she gets more excited about hot strippers than I do. Wait, on second thought I know she does:cool: As far as all of us being so spread apart, I think it was intended to be so just to keep us out of trouble;) Hmmm, I'm thinking about going out and start cutting out rust but, I don't know, maybe I'll just sit here until it's time to go to work. I need to find some local car buddies, but most are mustang owners or BBC guys and they're all A-holes. Still haven't been able to track down the local TB cars but I got a friend down the street with a nice supercharged monte ss and he's NOT an a-hole:)

QUOTE:
Sometimes I think she wishes she had more wood, but I got a whole stack of it downstairs and she hasn't touched it for months!:biggrin:

NOW THAT S#!T IS FUNNY!!!!:D ;) :biggrin: :D :eek: :D :biggrin:

I'll go take more pics, gotta wake up a little...

I did a little cleaning on the body where the rust holes are to see how bad they really are. The rust on the inside wheelwell is not going to be fun to deal with. I was thinking about cutting the rotted part of the frame out today and possibly the other rust spot in my rear floor.

I got an idea on how to get that core support to ya. If I can swing it that is. My neighbor's son plays football, and they are scheduled to play Sioux City this season some time. I am gonna try to sweet talk him with some gas money to let me tag along when they go to the game. I'm sure a few TR parts in the back of their avalanche wont hurt anything!!:D I'll let you know what I find out. This is just an idea I came up with while drinkin beer last night.;)