My progress thread...

Haven't really done a whole lot since the pics. Just been plugging away on ripping the frame down. I have to get 4 repair washers for the body holes, then I can por15 it or something and call it good and put it back together. Hell just post a list of everything you have to get rid of and I'll pick off of it. Got some salvagable doors and a decent hood. Still need to get a GN header panel. Be way easier on me to post your list of leftovers. GOt my black toilet off ebay also.

Hell if I took 2 years my frame off the old lady would beat me with a b.o.b.;) Next year this time the cosmetics will be done and be time to roll:cool:

You say you have a hood and doors or you need a hood and doors? I have a nice hood...will need repaint but is rust free and straight. found a guy in Minn. that has a header at swap meet. Can try to get it or a # for ya. I have two pass doors one only good for patch metal (RUSTY!!) :eek: other is rust free. only one driver door...again RUSTY!! Two driver fenders and one pass fender, rear bumper, rear bumper alluminum support. digital dash cluster some xtra grey interior parts burgandy int parts and a frame that is relatively rust free but took a hard shot to the front pass side. might be good donor for sectioning parts of yours. FWIW. alot of other misc stuff too...if you think of anything specific that you need give me a shout.:D

I already have a set of decent doors and hood. I'm trying to get some of the black out trim and T type interior stuff. Need aluminum drums eventually also. jdpolzin may be interested in some burgandy stuff though.

i have an xtra set of blackout trim: windshield (3 pcs) rear wdw (3 pcs) trunk mldg and some wheel opening mldgs...not sure if its a complete set. what int pieces are you looking for? console, door panels--upper/lower, A-pillar trim, rear 1/4 wdw trim? what color?---I have all the above in T-Type grey.

driver's windshield trim, trunk trim, need both rear and front pass wheelwell trim, driver's quarter window trim or glass and trim, if I can't straighten mine maybe a rear bumper minus support or whole thing if easier. I'd like to get it all for extras but I got nowhere to store it all. Need a ttype back seat if you can track one down. Go ahead and list every little thing you got with prices there are little trinkets and stuff I need also. Just shoot me a pm:cool:

Check on that header panel $$$ also.

Here are pics of mine

newattachment.php
Just thought I'd share some pics of my 85 gn:D . I don't mean to hijack your thread:wink:

Attachments

• vegas 141.JPG
    vegas 141.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 1,025
  • vegas 138.JPG
    vegas 138.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 1,028
  • car 016.JPG
    car 016.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 1,037
  • car 015.JPG
    car 015.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 1,024
Rest assure, I've been poking at it here and there. So far the frame is pretty much stripped aside from the parking brake cable, bumper extensions, and a pesky bolt that is rusted inside the bushing of the lower A arm. Same issue with the lower arms on the rear. I think I should put that new chisel I bought for my air hammer to work:biggrin: . Oh, got that cheezy fiberglass patch up and out of the car with the chisel. I love air hammers:cool: . I was able to save the small section of floor I pop riveted in also. It's not enough to patch the entire hole but its the main part with the rippled part for strength, the rest I'll just get some sheetmetal from the hardware store and tack in. Cleaned up some of the floor a little bit of the old carpet that was still glued down. ALso ground the rest of the bondo out of where the driver's door striker is. Tellin ya guys, it's about as ugly as the roof:rolleyes: . I'm getting back into it every once in a while so I might make some good progress. Been going back and forth-frame, body, house basement, beer night, family fun, OT at work, and so on. Someday me and the woman might get some alone time:rolleyes: ;) I'll get some pics up tomorrow.

for those of you waiting on the edge of your keyboards, I'll be posting some progress/damage pics in the morning. Body gurus-feel free to give suggestions and how tos.

Here ya go!

Attachments

• SANY0489.JPG
    SANY0489.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 959
  • SANY0490.JPG
    SANY0490.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 968
  • SANY0493.JPG
    SANY0493.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 968
Sorry about the pics being so crappy. It was late and I got sick of screwing with the camera to get decent shots. Not a whole lot changed, just more parts laying around a stripped frame in a messy garage! Frame washers are supposed to be here tuesday, still haven't tracked down my rear floor yet, ahem!:rolleyes: Probably gonna start wire wheeling rust tonight, that's take a few days I'm sure. Mental note: GET BEER:cool:

OK so here is the verdict. BOTH regal parts cars I have, the floors are swiss cheese.:redface:* I do have an El Camino body with salvagable floors, I believe. Here are some pics of the pass side of the El Camino floor. Not too sure how close the two are in shape, but maybe this piece would be easier to fab with? FWIW

Attachments

• car parts 003.JPG
    car parts 003.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 929
  • car parts 004.JPG
    car parts 004.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 934
  • car parts 005.JPG
    car parts 005.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 945