my po8 pics ARCHIE

picked up the black widow yesterday and looks every bit as good as i hoped.

the guy who i bought it from goes by ac4142 on this message board
http://luger.gunboards.com/forum.php

his name is alex onderdonk out of PA . i had the grips off and they definately dont look new

Attachments

• P1010239.JPG
    P1010239.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 81
Looks goo James.;) When do you plan n taking it out for a trial run?

Suppose to be 50 tomorrow and a balmy 52 on Sunday so maybe this weekend since next week is gonna be in the 40's

These guns feel awesome in your hand like they belong there but the sights leave something to be desired in my opinion. I love the look of these guns!

Consider when it was made James. The sights were designed for battle and if they were easily knocked off then they'd be usless.

Looks goo James.;) When do you plan n taking it out for a trial run?

took it out for that trial run and it shot every bit as good as the other !!! there were a couple of old timers there who were quite impressed with the condition and the fact of what it was. that little take down tool is amazing to use after you load about 4 rounds and that spring gets super stiff. the last time out i didnt know what that tool was for and my thumb was beat up pretty good. i gotta say these guns just feel awesome in your hand and that probably helps with the shooting.

Well if you can get a vise I think you'd be very suprised how accurate they are even as old as they are. Glad to know you got another gem.;)

Well if you can get a vise I think you'd be very suprised how accurate they are even as old as they are. Glad to know you got another gem.;)

no doubt charlie !!! i feel i do pretty well with it for my limited skill level with shooting and only perhaps shooting maybe 75 rounds between the 2 guns. i have no doubt with someone more skilled than i these would be amazing with their accuracy no matter how old it is. quality is still quality even if its old as long as its still in good shape. thanks i'm planning on keeping these for quite a while :) saiga 12 is next !!! they look pretty amazing once done up .

I still think you need to make yourself 1 really nice custom for yourself. Getting one built they way you want isn't cheap but it will fit like a glove if it's done right. Even if you just do a custom stock on a barreld action you've got it's well worth it, if for no other reason than personal satisfaction.;) You can still pick up a decent action cairly cheap and then send it to ER Shaw for the barrel and all the other little things, then find a good smith that can do the stock for you.:cool:

dont know what happened to archie?

a cool video i found. not my guns but i have similar ones

no I'm fine just been busy..

I've dealt with ac4142 before, hes on most of the boards..

do you need a holster for it?

That is one beautiful black widow, always wanted one, congratulations.

I have one of the latest reported 1937's according to Jan Still on the luger forum, probably made dec 31, 1937?

no I'm fine just been busy..

I've dealt with ac4142 before, hes on most of the boards..

do you need a holster for it?

super nice guy to deal with and he answers the phone and took great pics and was able to work out a fair deal .i would buy from him again in a second !!!

whats the deal on the holster? what year? how much? pics? i have 1 holster but 2 guns . i also might be interested in another fxo black bottom mag at a reasonable price if you see one around.