my po8 pics ARCHIE

ttaowner

its still at the store :( i had them get it out so i could take a few pics to keep me motivated to pay for it :)

Attachments

• po8 001.JPG
    po8 001.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 142
  • po8 002.JPG
    po8 002.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 141
  • po8 003.JPG
    po8 003.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 140
  • po8 004.JPG
    po8 004.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 143
  • po8 005.JPG
    po8 005.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 154
  • po8 006.JPG
    po8 006.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 145
  • po8 008.JPG
    po8 008.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 133
  • po8 007.JPG
    po8 007.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 142
  • po8 013.JPG
    po8 013.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 134
THIS ALL CAME AS A PACKAGE FROM THE SON OF THE GUY WHO BROUGHT IT BACK. THAT WAS THE STORY I WAS TOLD. THATS THE CENTER OF A NAZI FLAG IN CASE YOU WERE WONDERING WHATS IN THE BOTTOM OF THE BAG. I AM CURIOUS WHAT KIND OF BAG THIS IS AND WHAT WAS IT USED FOR?

I LIKE THE GUN STILL AND WILL BE GLAD TO HAVE IT HOME SOON. I THINK I GOT A FAIR DEAL

Attachments

• po8 009.JPG
    po8 009.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 94
  • po8 010.JPG
    po8 010.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 106
  • po8 012.JPG
    po8 012.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 94
  • po8 011.JPG
    po8 011.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 114
Looks like its got honest wear and an FXO mag.
Do you have any pictures of the top & date?
Did one of the mags match?
Grips looks real clean.
Always cool to have capture papers.
Holster looks alot like the one I just got.

Not sure about the bag. It reminds me of paratrooper gear?

All the pics I have I posted. I will post the requested pics when I pick it up. What's the deal with the fxo on the magazine? I see they both have the waffenamp . I wished it had the black widow grips. I believe my reciept said it was a byf Mauser . I posted what it was in my other thread. I think I got a fair deal

Its probably a 1941 BYF.
Which is a black widow I think if you add a black bottom to that fxo mag and add the grips.

FXO with blank black plastic bottoms were replacement mags so that offsets the matching numbered mag and makes it a correct black widow.

You can find the grips but if your wood grips are numbered I wouldn't do it..

Where would I get the necessary black widow parts and what should I expect to pay for original parts if I decide to go that route?

Post up some pics of yours when you pick it up

Where would I get the necessary black widow parts and what should I expect to pay for original parts if I decide to go that route?

Think you did good James.;) Like Arch said, wait until you get it and take the grips off to see if they're numbered to the gun. It was 1941 and things were starting to run out so even though it may be a widow the grips might be right for it.

Charlie call me when you can PLEASE !!! You guys are kinda talking over my head! I bought the p38 then just googled ww2 German guns and the po8 came up and I kinda liked the way it looked and a week later I was amazed I found 1 and I wasn't even really looking that hard. So with that being said I don't really know all the lingo and what not so I don't completely understand what I found. I am planning on picking it up in the am since a couple things worked out for me today. I will be up for a few hours if you gets this message. Or even dumb it down for me and explain it a little better. Like I said I'm kinda new to this hobby and tend to buy based on looks and I do appreciate history.

I think I want a cowboy gun next like you see in the movies. Any suggestions? Something under $2000 hopefully older. Maybe a colt. Any suggestions???

For $2K you could get a pistol and rifle combo. Don't know if you've seen my .357 lever but if I could find a stainless Vequero (sp) 357 to go with it I'd have everything to do cowboy action shooting. The 97 Winchester 12 guage, the Marlin 1895 45/70, Rossi .357 carbine, and all I need is the Ruger to make it the perfect set up.;)

LOL I'll try and call tomorrow after work if I remember. This might help you with some of the lingo.:D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luger_P08_pistol

I'd love to have an old Colt but you can't shoot modern ammo in then since they're a little soft and thin. You can handload for them but as far as modern ammo I prefer the Rugers. There's a few remakes on the market that I wouldn't mind having but the Ruger will let you use P++ ammo like I use in the rifle.:D

looking for more of a collectible that wont go down in value and is pretty to look at if that makes sense :) i have some smith wesson 9mm semi autos that i carry. i have 3 more or less like this . 1 is blued 1 is stainless and aluminum. the last is a little bigger and holds 15 and is all stainless but it doesnt fit my hand as well so i dont often carry it anymore. i also have a little keltec p32 which is a good little pocket gun during the summer when we dont have a lot of clothes on to hide our guns out here. we have a open carry law here but if someone complains you can be arrested for breach of peace so most usually conceal caryy. i know this state is stupid !!!!!!!!!! up in VT no permit needed and you can walk around like its the old west.
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...urce=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=ml1uUI26DZC42QWzk4GQAw

what do you think? there is a waffenamp under the grips but no #

Attachments

• po8pics 001.JPG
    po8pics 001.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 88
  • po8pics 002.JPG
    po8pics 002.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 83
  • po8pics 003.JPG
    po8pics 003.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 87
  • po8pics 004.JPG
    po8pics 004.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 90
  • po8pics 005.JPG
    po8pics 005.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 109
  • po8pics 006.JPG
    po8pics 006.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 89
  • po8pics 007.JPG
    po8pics 007.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 89
  • po8pics 008.JPG
    po8pics 008.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 86
tell me more!!!! i suspect these are non matching, what are the logos?

Attachments

• mags 001.JPG
    mags 001.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 108
What is the letter block on the frame below the SN?

The number on the mag base is the SN.
The letter is the SN letter suffix.
They started with gun #1, then 2 ect up to SN 10,000 (a block of guns), then they would roll over to Gun #1a then 2a ect..

The "+" mark at the bottom would be the second matching mag kept in the holster..