Moog 5658 front spring results

Just remember that the ride height is measured at the rocker pannels behind the front wheels and in front of the rear wheels. Stock with stock tires and wheels it should be between 9 & 1/8" and 10 & 5/8". Make sure to allow for different tire/wheel combos once you measure everything.:)

Measurements are measurements either way. I believe most of this thread is ground to the arch of the wheel well so there is no sense in changing it now. The only true measrement would be bottom of frame to the ground so we could eliminate any body bushings, shims, etc.

I have always measured that way too Jeremy so I had Mike do the same...

I had Mike measure From the ground to the wheel well arch (the bottom of the wheel well molding) and it has to be measured with the tape measure in the middle of the center cap as best possible to keep things more accurate..

I agree with Charlie as being the best & most accurate place for people to take height measurements...

sw.

I agree with Charlie as being the best & most accurate place for people to take height measurements...

sw.
If everything is "restored" properly then the way I stated would be the best but I have to agree with Jeremy on measuring at the frame at those locations I stated. The frame won't be off because of body bushings ect and will only be held up by the suspension. There really does need to be some sort of standard on where to measure that will only give a better way to check things.

If everything is "restored" properly then the way I stated would be the best but I have to agree with Jeremy on measuring at the frame at those locations I stated. The frame won't be off because of body bushings ect and will only be held up by the suspension. There really does need to be some sort of standard on where to measure that will only give a better way to check things.

Well, we are the all mighty kings of GBodies so why not, lets set the standard!!:D

Well, we are the all mighty kings of GBodies so why not, lets set the standard!!:D
Is Keith's car on stock bushings ect Jeremy? Maybe Jesse's car? That would be the best option if someone has a properly restored car so it can be checked for height.:)

I can do a height check on one of Richard Clarks 6 mile cars when I am down at his place May 2-5 !! :)

I can do a height check on one of Richard Clarks 6 mile cars when I am down at his place May 2-5 !! :)

If it's got new bushings and new springs in it then that would be great Scott. That would give a starting point but make sure to get the rocker pannels measured and then a specific point on the frame nearby.:)

Is Keith's car on stock bushings ect Jeremy? Maybe Jesse's car? That would be the best option if someone has a properly restored car so it can be checked for height.:)

Charlie, I've done 4 frame off restos in the past three years. I've owned 9 TR's that were very very low miles cars, swapped old worn out springs to new stock replacements. I currently own a low mile car. Every car that is stock height is dead on 27" ground to arch.

If it's got new bushings and new springs in it then that would be great Scott. That would give a starting point but make sure to get the rocker pannels measured and then a specific point on the frame nearby.:)

Are we talking frame measurements? Or ground to arch measurements? I can get those too!;)

I'd use the frame at the rockers as I stated Jeremy. I've already posted the factory specs and locations so doing it at the frame at the same location we'd also be able to make sure the body bushings are good.:)

The thread title needs to be amended to read "MOOG 5658 front spring results....not for the faint of heart!!" and then you should have to take a test on suspension geometry just to post here....my head is spinning!!

Just went out and measured and I show 26" from garage floor to top of wheel arch. Running 225/60 15" @ 32PSI.
Go ahead and measure it at the rocker panels and at the frame in the same location behind the front wheels. This should help with us coming up with a standard for height measurment.:)

Don't forget those 225/60s are shorter than stock sized tires by nearly 1/2"...

Ok guys, I hope I don't confuse anyone, but here goes:

On the front, measuring from the bottom of the frame to the floor gave me 8 3/4". From the bottom of the pinch weld at the bottom of the rocker, it was about 9 3/4". Below is a photo for reference as to where I took the measurements on the front. This is with a 225/60 15 on the front.

On the rear, I came up with, again, 8 3/4" from the bottom of the frame and about 10" fromthe bottom of the pinch weld at the bottom of the quarter panel. This is with a 255/60 15 on the rear.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• reference.jpg
    348.2 KB · Views: 165
That was exactly what we needed Chuck. Thanks. We need a few more to measure just like that so we can get a basic measurement standard as well as make sure the body bushings are good. The way the measurements are it's almost like the front body is dwn further than the rear.

OK, what about shocks? If you use springs that were orginally from an S10 like the 5658 do you use shocks for the S10 too or do you just use the G body ones? I'm looking at Bilsteins. There are 2 versions of them for G Bodies, AK series and HD, I "assume" the HDs are the ones to get.