Moog 5658 front spring results

OK, what about shocks? If you use springs that were orginally from an S10 like the 5658 do you use shocks for the S10 too or do you just use the G body ones? I'm looking at Bilsteins. There are 2 versions of them for G Bodies, AK series and HD, I "assume" the HDs are the ones to get.
There are actually 6 different front shocks for a GM metric chasis through Bilsteins. It depends on what type of ride you want as to which ones you get. You can use any of them if you have the dampning rate ect but you have to know which ones you want to use. If not just get the stock replacement ones.

There are actually 6 different front shocks for a GM metric chasis through Bilsteins. It depends on what type of ride you want as to which ones you get. You can use any of them if you have the dampning rate ect but you have to know which ones you want to use. If not just get the stock replacement ones.

I am not sure what part number my Bilsteins are but they work very well with the the Moog 5658 springs in front and Bell tech 1.5" drop springs out back, I just mounted my CCW classics yesterday and will hopefully have some measurements by the end of the week. I used the Stage 2 plus package from SC&C with the taller upper and lower balljoints. The lower control arms have new Moog problem solver bushings.

CCW Classics (Polished)
Front: 18 x 8.5 with 5" BS (235/40 BF KDW 2)
Back: 18 x 10" with 5.5" BS (275/35 BF KDW 2)

Here are some pictures:

IMG_6652.JPG
IMG_6653.JPG
IMG_6656.JPG

Nice stance and I wish you knew the rate of the 1.5" drop springs to add to the thread. Please measure the height at the frame in front of the rear wheels and behind the front wheels as well as the rocker pannels. The rocker pannels are where the factory measurements are based and with a comparison of the factory to the frame measurments we should be able to get a measurment to check if the body bushings are good.;)

I just read all 17 pages and my eyes hurt, my head is spinning, and my ass is numb, but there's a lot of great info here and after reading it and heeding the advice Charlie gave me prior I've settled on 1" tall lower ball joints, 5660's in the front, and 5413's in the rear. Along with the 36mm f-body sway bar, 2 left hand tubular uppers, s10 brake swap, bilstein shocks, every brace you can think of, hellwig rear bar, hpm boxed uppers and lowers, replacement helm joint tie rod ends, and camaro rear disc brake conversion my budget pro-touring build should be well on its way. I already have 90% of what's mentioned now I just have to put it on. After 10 years of sitting my car should hopefully be back on the road this spring the way I want it to be....mostly.

You ll be happy with the spring selection! I have the same without the tall ball joints and the results are great!

After coming across this thread a few months ago I decided to go with the 5658 springs in the front after a lot of research and reading this thread countless times. Before that I installed a set of 18" Boss 338 wheels with 275/40's in the rear and 245/40's up front after reading mixed feedback with people putting 45's up front and having rubbing issues. The problem I ran into with this setup was the wheel gap in the front due to the shorter 40 series tires. So my main goal wasn't necessarily to lower the car but to even out the wheel gap with the back wheels and still give it that slight raked look. During the process I also decided to go with the taller ball-joints and replace all of the control arm bushings along with the upper ball joints as well. After over 3 months of settling I couldn't be happier with the look and feel of these springs. They gave it the exact look that I was looking for as well as stiffening up the front enough to drastically improve the handling without riding rough.

A big thanks to Jdpolzin for starting this thread.

Before:
IMAG0486.jpg

IMAG0484.jpg

After:
20130405_171458.jpg

20130405_093809.jpg

Looks good. What springs are in the rear?

These spacers worked out really good for me. The 1/2 inch thick spacers have me 1 inch lift. Lots of accurate information here in this thread.
Should be a sticky
20181004_020950.png

All,

My spacers arrived. I will try to get them in Saturday. They are made out of aluminum. Here are a couple of pictures of them if anyone is interested.

DSC00003.jpg

DSC00004-1.jpg

I test fitted them on my old springs and they are an exact match for the bottom of the spring. I was advised to duct tape them to the bottom of the springs before I put them in the car. Gotta love duct tape!

I will let you all know how they fit in the lower control arm "pocket" and what they do to the ride height.
Thank you for posting this years ago. I was able to get my car then lift in the front I wanted.