How many T-top 87 GNs were built?

There are probably well over 10k Turbo Regals left.

Pete

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I agree. At least that many. These cars were not discarded like regular regals. And I would guess at least 50% of GN's came with T-tops. This is just my opinion of course. But when I was shopping for a GN, almost every car that I found for sale was T-top. I had a tough time finding a solid roof car.

Yeah they weren't rare because that was the only kind I could find for sale around Houston in 1991. BTW it was already rusted out at that age!
Now I have a roof and all is well.

My 87 is T-Tops!!
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1390862822.827990.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1390862865.443324.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1390862952.843330.jpg

I love the white. That looks like its a Regal T because it has a cool little hood ornament. Somebody added the GN emblems later probably because no matter how many times you try to explain it is the same as the GN, nobody gets it.

Vossen Wheels
Front 22x9 265/30/zr22
Rear 22x10.5 295/30/zr22

Bilstein shocks all 4 corners

Was using 1 1/4 adapters on rear. I took off wheels & have them on Craig's for sale. My car runs high 10's in quarter with slicks. I'm currently looking for a set of GNX replicas. Don't drag race it at all but this is how I purchased it. Only use it to cruise about once or twice a month. Here is a list of mods.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1390865070.788814.jpg

I had a hard top car for 18 years sold it last week and just bought a t top car its pristine has less than 30k and has all the good stuff but also every stock part. I had know idea there are that few left... Im looking forward to cruising w the t's off i wont hear the squeaks and rattles over the exhaust and tunes blaring :) cant wait for spring!!!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have a t-top 87 GN also. I wanted a hard top after owning two of the aforementioned Burgundy on burgundy Monte SS' that Kirban spoke of. After I was done with those cars I swore I wouldn't have a ttop car ever again... Oh well.

FWIW with the rest of the info in my thread, mine is also a late 87 build with a digital dash. I rarely take the tops off, and have the shades installed to have the hard top effect when driving.