Grand National Project #1

Cool just keep the pic's coming. :) You should take it to the track right now to get a stock et slip. :biggrin:

Also get it over with and build the trans Len Freeman is there in LV he has built my 200 & my TH400.

I'll just blow this one up first. :tongue: As for pics, I will keep updating all the car projects. This is the first GN project. The next one is the Duttweiler 388 Bowtie powered car, and the last will be the 87. I certainly will follow through on pics and updates with all of them. I know I PERSONALLY love pictures and enjoy see everyone's cars, so I try to repay the favor. :D

Thank you sir. I'm going to replace the seats too. Bottom line, the entire car has been redone in the drivetrain and there is ZERO hope to ever return it to stock, nor do I want to, so I'm going to put new seats in the car as well. The stockers are just terribly unsupportive and I have a bad back, so the lack of lumbar is KILLING me. They must go. More pictures coming as things get done. It's going in next week to get about 10 different things. :biggrin:

FWIW, some have converted to F-body seats. You can get them re-covered to look like GN seats. ;)

So far, so good. The 86s paint is so nice, strange emblem placement (Its reveals the repaint) but who really cares when it looks so clean. Is this car getting the gross HP build or is this gonna be the "street car" build? I recall you saying you were gonna build 2 didn't I?!

So far, so good. The 86s paint is so nice, strange emblem placement (Its reveals the repaint) but who really cares when it looks so clean. Is this car getting the gross HP build or is this gonna be the "street car" build? I recall you saying you were gonna build 2 didn't I?!

Yep it's been repainted and I did notice that the emblems are placed too high. I have new ones to replace them. I just haven't gotten to it yet. As for GN's, I have three. One is this one, one is the 87 in the background, and the other is an 86 388 bowtie twin turbo Duttweiler car.

Great Looking 86 you have there.

If you ever want to adopt I could use a new Daddy.:biggrin:

Best of luck with your Project.

Great Looking 86 you have there.

If you ever want to adopt I could use a new Daddy.:biggrin:

Best of luck with your Project.

haha. Well here's the next one........

DSCF0044.jpg

To each his own, im not crazy about the blackout look, a dash of red,and amber seem to give it lines to me. Blackout is a little to gothic for my taste, but they were very nice. Im sure they will have a killer drivetrain.

I think that was a car from San Diego then sold to a guy in NY now you?

That's true.

To each his own, im not crazy about the blackout look, a dash of red,and amber seem to give it lines to me. Blackout is a little to gothic for my taste, but they were very nice. Im sure they will have a killer drivetrain.

I like the car to look like the Grim Reaper himself could step out of it when it pulls up. :tongue: That's precisely the look I'm after.

Post some more pix of that badboy.

I will once all the work is done, new rims and tires, etc......Should be by next weekend. The Dutt car I don't have a lot of pics of. It's going to Heffner in FLA then to me in Vegas. Mid May time.

Okay, here is where I'm at with the mods. ALL of this stuff should be done in about 7-10 days.

Stock Block bored .30 over
Comp Cam timing chain + gears
New rod + main bearings
JE Custom Pistons
Comp 212 Hydraulic Roller Camshaft
Comp Hydraulic Lifters
CV Pushrods
Cometic Head Gaskets
Manley Valve Springs
Total Seal Gapless Rings
Competition Valve Job
Ported Intake/Exhaust Runners + Bowls
Reconditioned Stock Rods
Reconditioned Stock Crank
Precision TA52 Turbo
Precision 60lb injectors
Precision Front Mount intercooler
Precision Fuel Pump
Tial BOV
RJS Boost Controller
Accufab Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
Accufab 65mm Polished Throttle Body
Accufab 65mm Polished Instake
3 Inch Impala MAF Sensor
MAF Translator
MSD 8.5mm Plug Wires
Billet Vacuum Block
Polished Aluminum Turbo Shield
Polished Aluminum Washer Cover
Chrome Battery Cover
Polished Aluminum Alternator Cover
Buick Motorsports Coated Valve Covers
Custom Virtual Works 3.5 inch Exhaust
Custom Virtual Works 3.5 Chrome down pipe
Custom Virtual Works 3.5 inch Polished Intercooler Pipe
Custom Virtual Works 3 inch Polished up pipe
Big Mouth MAF intake w/K&N cone
HR Parts Rear Sway Bar
HR Parts Street/Strip Rear Suspension Package
HR Parts Upper + Lower Rear Control arms
Poston Driveshaft Loop
Turbo Tweak Chip for 109 octane
Street/Strip CK 200 Trans
3200 Stall CK Converter
Eaton Posi
CenterLine Auto Drag front + rear rims
MT ET Street Radials Front + rear (275/60/15 rear)
Smoked Signal Markers
Smoked Side Markers
Smoked Taillights
LED Taillight Conversion
TR Center Console Plates
TR Billet Shifter Handle
RJS Billet Horn Ring w/TR GN Horn Logo
Poston Console Raiser
20% Tinted Windows
Poston Fiberglass Rear Bumper w/Aluminum braces
Poston Fiberglass Front Bumper w/Aluminum braces
Poston GNX Dash w/VDO Gauges
Assorted Chrome Accents

Need a 39 year old step son:biggrin:

With some of the cars I've seen here, I have a LONG LONG LONG way to go to compete with some of these guys. I'm just cutting my teeth here. :tongue: I feel like an idiot sometimes here with the knowledge base and some of the ridiculously sweet cars I see. The engine bay thread had my jaw on the floor. I'm just trying to contribute in some small way to this community, and unfortunately the only way I can do that is to spend money, take pictures, and post updates. :tongue: