Grand National Project #1

VegasSE

I figured it might be fun to keep up a picture update on the mods for the Grand Nationals. Here is the first car, the 1986. The pictures in the first post will be of the car as it was when it arrived.

002-1.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

Here is the first stage of mods, which is basically window tints, marker and tail light blackouts as well as a couple minor interior pieces. I will update as I go along. More stuff coming next week.

2phase1.jpg

2phase2.jpg

2phase3.jpg

2phase4.jpg

2phase5.jpg

2phase6.jpg

2phase7.jpg

2phase8.jpg

2phase9.jpg

I see that you took the plastic covers off the rear lights ,how did you get them so black (taillights).. looks good:smile:

I see that you took the plastic covers off the rear lights ,how did you get them so black (taillights).. looks good:smile:

Yes, these are professionally done and painted on. I have a local guy who is awesome at it. If anyone wants them done, just let me know. I was thinking about just getting about 30 sets of them for people who want them.

WOW.

I love those blacked out lights.

That thing is MEAN. Wow.

Great looking car.:cool: Makes me miss my totaled 86 GN.:frown:
John

I appreciate it gentlemen. The car will get next week.........

New Turbo
Precision front mount intercooler
Precision injectors
Precision fuel pump
CenterLine auto drags
MT's
3.5 inch Virtual Works custom downpipe
3.5 inch Virtual Works custom single exhaust

After that, I want to redo the dash, gauges, and the brakes.

I assume the console overlays are from mark at buickgn? are they black? how do they match up with the door inserts? thanks -John

I assume the console overlays are from mark at buickgn? are they black? how do they match up with the door inserts? thanks -John

Correct. I really like them. Perfect fit that really cleans up the interior. I'm VERY happy with the quality and the fit of those pieces.

i see your keeping the supra guys informed as well.

It's pretty cool that the Supra guys really respect the Grand National, and GN guys really respect the Supras. I think big HP turbo cars are pretty cool regardless of who built them, and most real "car guys" tend to agree.

It's pretty cool that the Supra guys really respect the Grand National, and GN guys really respect the Supras. I think big HP turbo cars are pretty cool regardless of who built them, and most real "car guys" tend to agree.

i agree. i really like supras so i visit there forum sometimes. maybe one day.

Looking forward to seeing everyting that you do. What size injectors and turbo are you going with.

looks like another thread subscription for me! Looking good so far!

Thank you sir. I'm going to replace the seats too. Bottom line, the entire car has been redone in the drivetrain and there is ZERO hope to ever return it to stock, nor do I want to, so I'm going to put new seats in the car as well. The stockers are just terribly unsupportive and I have a bad back, so the lack of lumbar is KILLING me. They must go. More pictures coming as things get done. It's going in next week to get about 10 different things. :biggrin:

Cannot wait for more pics:biggrin: I need to go play the lottery now,,,, Be right back LOL:biggrin:

Cool just keep the pic's coming. :) You should take it to the track right now to get a stock et slip. :biggrin:

Also get it over with and build the trans Len Freeman is there in LV he has built my 200 & my TH400.