Forced Induction's FI91X report!

Don,

This is very cool, when are you going back out?
Dang, John. That kid of yours is growing up fast.
Just got back from the track tonight. Sig updated. I still have a little more work to do on the boost control curve.

Nice job Don. geting her ready for Pinks are ya :). If fear aint ready, I will help pit crew your GN

Nice job Don. geting her ready for Pinks are ya :). If fear aint ready, I will help pit crew your GN
Well I sure hope you can get Fear ready in time. If you can't, then I'm counting on you to help me out. Thanks.

Hey if Im there with the car, I'll make sure we get your car and your face all over the pinks camera's to show off this one off turbo you have! Lets make sure Don, that you have the boost dialed in enough to grab some solid 8 sec passes k. The track will be able to handle some heavy launches, so this would be the time to turn it up all the way down the track and let her eat! Talk at you shortly

I've got one more t&t at the local track before the event. I've already been working on the next changes for dialing up the launch. Maybe the top end. We'll see how the testing goes. I'm guessing the car should be good for around 8.80s.

After some recent repairs to the nitrous injection nozzles, the boost is now reaching 5630 rpm/176 kPa MAP in 1.85 seconds into nitrous activation. It was 2.2-2.3 seconds before the repairs. Boost is also beginning to ramp up sooner in the rpm band.
The last time out with the car, I set the launch boost limit high just to see what the boost rise looked liked with little restriction and to see what the chassis could do. The rpm and boost level at the moment of leaving the line on a Pro light was 6771 rpm/277 kPa MAP. :eek: It could have gone higher, but my boost controller settings, that I had roughly picked for these tests, were beginning to level the boost out at that point.

I'm betting an 8.67@161:)
Not quite Scott, but it was better than what I had guessed. I see a lot more still to tap into with the tuneup. Time to add the second fuel pump and a 4 bar map sensor.

8.769 et @ 156.81 mph, 1.33 60'. Best mph of the weekend was 158.69.
Motor is tired and the fueling was leaning dangerously on the top end. I had to back out the tuneup at the launch to get the car to hook on a launching pad that was not up to my needs.

Over the weekend, the more fuel I threw at the top end, the better she pulled, up to the point where the fuel pump just couldn't give me anymore.

It was nice to see Donnie out there with his very unique and bad azz looking GN run a solid 8. Congrats bud, your car and its owner are one of a kind.Keep up with bringing new things to the table, it only helps everyone else sooner or later who wants to use them. you have the creep control set perfect and your dead on with a pro light. Good job again Donnie

It was very nice to meet you Quint. It helped make the event even more awesome.

A big thanks to Lee for the help in the pits and the staging lanes. You helped make the experience stress free. Another great Pinks event under our belts.

You too Donnie. I will be moving back to Texas In January. I will be turning up the power and running in the Clash of the Titans Series. We will stay in touch for sure and I will follow your success. Cheers

Have not read thru the whole thread yet but i like the bw stuff I ran the 91 bw at sgmp and the car seemed to spool the same with the 88 as 91 and I ran the 4.96 with the 91. I have not tested much with the 91 because we can not run it but at a few races but I think this turbo has great potential

Have not read thru the whole thread yet but i like the bw stuff I ran the 91 bw at sgmp and the car seemed to spool the same with the 88 as 91 and I ran the 4.96 with the 91. I have not tested much with the 91 because we can not run it but at a few races but I think this turbo has great potential
I agree. Judging by the data from this last outing, I have to think that this turbo is just warming up at the level I'm presently at. She sure is begging for more fuel and boost.

I've started going over the datalogs from the last weekend with a fine tooth comb, and I'm seeing something that is very surprising.
Using my 145 kPa benchmark, on the last run, I'm seeing 145 kPa MAP being obtained by 4800 rpm. Just recently, 145 kPa was being obtained by just under 5000 rpm. I don't know what changed. Don't get me wrong. No complaining here.
This is pushing the boost rise through an area in the fuel map that has been unexplored with this turbo. This is when on the nitrous and it's showing dead rich through this region. Would leaning it in this area further increase the boost ramp up speed? Interesting question that demands further investigation.

A 224 V6 spooling a S510/91 to 6-7 psi boost by 4,800 rpm. O...M...G. Will the wonders never cease?