Fastest Sy.?

hello again! went to huntsville dragway friday nite and ran the truck 4 times down their 1/8 track:

1st pass:
60' ---1.4091
1/8 ---6.1279
mph --118.33

2nd pass:
60' ---1.3550
1/8 ---8.4308
mph --52.30

3rd pass:
60' ---1.4166
1/8 ---6.0542
mph --118.61

4th pass:
60' ---1.3436
1/8 ---5.7843
mph --122.05

i have the slips and they will be posted today on dochoover.com. i also have 2 of the videos, 6.12 and 6.05. camera man had to leave just before the last run, got sleepy :smile: and the track video man just closed up shop. goin to memphis next week to run 1/4 mile and see what she'll do!!!

MATT

That's moving Matt.

I'm a little disappointed though. I got a call Saturday morning on my way to Huntsville and was told it went 5.40's :eek:

.70's is way impressive for an AWD truck.

Way to go Matt.

thanks dusty! to be honest i was shocked the truck went that fast. we were pretty sure we could go low 5.90s but didnt expect a .78. we should credit allen dudley with helping us tune the truck. he unbelieveable with a laptopp and the FAST system!

MATT

I am very impressed with those times and you're right about Dudley. He is a big help with tuning the turbo cars. I think the Bamford's may be a little worried now ;)

the bamfords have a strong truck that could definately give us a run for the fastest ET but i dont think he can do it with radials (i have been wrong b4 though). ive seen his truck smoke the tires off the line several times in the videos. he's definately not lacking in the HP department.

the key to getting a good run with our truck is the launch and im sure its the same way with his. we both have the HP to get quick ets just a matter of puttin it to the pavement.

wonder whats happened to those guys? havent heard anything in a while. are they runnin their truck any?

MATT

dentmasters01 said:
Hey Matt, when are you and allen going to huntsville again?

im not sure? we're goin to memphis thursday nite, WITH A DANG VIDEO CAMERA, and run her 1/4 mile. i'll be glad to email ya if you want me to next time we go south. pm me ur address.

KLHAMMETT said:
Guys that is freakin awesome, Congrats on the good work

thanks a lot. i'll post a video as soon as i get one everyone can see. several of the ones we have are not good quality but we'll get one thats clear b4 long. cant wait to run this thang 1/4 mile!!!!

MATT

8 second V6 is just a couple more passes away. Congrats to Doc Hoover and Matt!!! That kicks A$$!!!

Great job guys, very impressive numbers! It looks like we have our work cut out for us this winter.

It's nice to see those time out of a real Syclone.

Take a break for a while and let us catch up. :D

Big Dave said:
8 second V6 is just a couple more passes away. Congrats to Doc Hoover and Matt!!! That kicks A$$!!!
thanx a lot! i hope you're rite! maybe next week!

Big Dave said:
Take a break for a while and let us catch up.
i dont think we have to take a break for yall to catch up! remember, ive seen yalls truck smoke da tires several times. it has the HP under the hood to run REAL FAST!

John Wilde said:
Congratulations guys. only .04 tenths away, I knew that you could do it.
Thanks! to be honest i didnt think the truck would ever get this fast! hope to get just a lil quicker!

MATT

impressive..

87ttypeV8 said:
well in the newest GMHTP magazine... there is an article on the fastest Syclone... or fast syclone not sure exactly what it says but i know it says it has a 400 trans and still AWD??

i thoght the 400 trans was a RWD trans or is that the same number as the syclones/typhoons?

just curious about that since it said in many spots that it was still AWD..

was a very nice truck and ran a 9.89 or somethin... havent read the article for a few days so i am not positive

thanks