Fastest Sy.?

87ttypeV8

cant beat the boost!
well in the newest GMHTP magazine... there is an article on the fastest Syclone... or fast syclone not sure exactly what it says but i know it says it has a 400 trans and still AWD??

i thoght the 400 trans was a RWD trans or is that the same number as the syclones/typhoons?

just curious about that since it said in many spots that it was still AWD..

was a very nice truck and ran a 9.89 or somethin... havent read the article for a few days so i am not positive

thanks

Thats Dr Hoovers truck. When the publication was done the truck was the fastest V6 powered.

It has a th400 with special adapter for AWD transfercase.

The truck is also an oddfire setup not evenfire.

Matt is on here. That is Hoovers son who drives the truck.

ahh very nice... i do not know the difference between odd/even fire so he is doing something rare?

ahh yeah i thought the 400 was a RWD... not losing my mind!

thanks for the reply

Originally posted by 87ttypeV8
ahh very nice... i do not know the difference between odd/even fire so he is doing something rare?

Odd fire is due to the crankshaft design. An even fire v6 has offset crank pins where each rod has its own journal hence a 90deg firing angle. An odd fire crank has a "common pin" crank where the rods are paired on a journal like the SBC which produces a 90/120 deg firing angle or "odd fire".

Odd fire engines are fairly rare in the syty community due to the expense (IMO) and the stock ECM cant run it which eliminates 95% of the ppl using odd fire.

ahh yeah i thought the 400 was a RWD... not losing my mind!

Advanced adaptors makes a "kit" to bolt the transfer case to the TH400 since it has a removable tail housing like the 700R4/TH350/PG. If 200R4s had a removable tail housing we'd prolly be using the GN/TR transmission but they dont so the only option to the POS 700R4 trans is one of the above listed replacements.

The current worlds fastest V6 syclone has a 4l80e in it. Mrsyclone can tell on the modification he had to do to make that work.

Originally posted by Big Dave
The current worlds fastest V6 syclone has a 4l80e in it. Mrsyclone can tell on the modification he had to do to make that work.

My understanding is he used a custom adaptor and output shaft but I dunno for sure since he isnt talking about any details on the 80E install.

No one makes anything "off the shelf/bolt in" that allows an 80E install with the AWD xfer case but Im sure that may happen some day as sytys seem to be getting faster and its well known that putting big power through a 700 is just asking to take the trans home in a bucket no matter who builds it or what kind of magic dust is sprinkled on it.

Their was a guy here in denver that ran a 9.50 @ 145mph but it was a twin turboed 355 with spray but it was still awd.

Time slip

badasssy_002.jpg

Pic of truck
badasssy_001.jpg

All at 5,800 ft above sea level!!!

Too bad he sold the truck

Originally posted by bottlefed91s10
Time slip

badasssy_002.jpg

Pic of truck
badasssy_001.jpg

All at 5,800 ft above sea level!!!

Too bad he sold the truck

Yeah the truck is now owned by KGBPilot125 in Idaho. Its the fastest V8 syclone to date.

Thanks for the 80e update Myclone.

Hasn't run yet. One of the turbos let go when tuning on a dyno. Made 800 something on 12psi at the rear wheels before reaching rpm. I thought the head gasket blew but once the smoke cleared you could see the devastation to the downpipe. On further inspection the cast of the exhaust housing was dimpled!

Yeah the truck is now owned by KGBPilot125 in Idaho. Its the fastest V8 syclone to date.

I'm buying his Sy # 0005. I'll get the info on the other if you guys want when I go see it. ;)

(bring back a dead thread. :D )

Congrats on your new purchase, these syclones flat out move.

As for the fastest on the street look no further than the motor city. There is a syclone running around looking for all comers this season. I have seen it run and it is a MoFo. Just a little six-banger

I thought Syclones came with a V6. KGB has the quickest S-10 with a V8.

The fastest true Syclone sits in Michigan.

Originally posted by top gun
I thought Syclones came with a V6. KGB has the quickest S-10 with a V8.

The fastest true Syclone sits in Michigan.

That's like calling a saying you have the fastest Grand National and it has a V8 under the hood. The only thing that Syclone shares with the real deal is the name plaque. The S-10 is the right comparison IMHO.

Originally posted by Ted A.
That's like calling a saying you have the fastest Grand National and it has a V8 under the hood. The only thing that Syclone shares with the real deal is the name plaque. The S-10 is the right comparison IMHO.

Although I agree with you on the way you put that with the GN. His is a real Syclone, just swaped the V6 with a V8 and twin turbo'd it rather then single. And its still AWD. So its half and half. It doesnt have the Syclone engine, but it does have the AWD system from it. ;)

Originally posted by blk00z28
Although I agree with you on the way you put that with the GN. His is a real Syclone, just swaped the V6 with a V8 and twin turbo'd it rather then single. And its still AWD. So its half and half. It doesnt have the Syclone engine, but it does have the AWD system from it. ;)

I'd say it is a little more than half and half. Cool he turbocharged it and kept the AWD.

I say its a syclone

title says syclone
vin says syclone
ins. says syclone
plates say syclone

even the stickers say syclone

I could care less what everyone thinks about MY truck, but remember syclones didnt come with 3 speeds, oddfires, or radiators in the bed of the truck. They didnt come with huge turbos, air to air IC, FAST/DFI or motec, they didnt come with widebands, cages, or drag radials. :D

Originally posted by KGB Pilot125
I say its a syclone

title says syclone
vin says syclone
ins. says syclone
plates say syclone

I could care less what everyone thinks about MY truck, but remember syclones didnt come with 3 speeds, oddfires, or radiators in the bed of the truck. They didnt come with huge turbos, air to air IC, FAST/DFI or motec, they didnt come with widebands, cages, or drag radials. :D

I see you have convinced yourself it's a Syclone, now you have to work on the guys with "REAL" Syclones.

Originally posted by KGB Pilot125
I say its a syclone

title says syclone
vin says syclone
ins. says syclone
plates say syclone

Maybe you'll se a V6 when you pop the hood since you have hit all the other important issues.