Fastest Sy.?

the V8 sy is cool no doubt! the truck leaves the line like gresed lightning! i would never put a V8 in a syclone but its still Fn cool! the V8 is cheaper, capable of more HP and torque and can run faster than the comparable V6 (if there is one) with less boost. so i can understand why we would do it.

if you guys have seen the pictures of this truck that i saw, when it was being built, you would be amazed! nothing appeared to be skipped. if he wants/wanted to change his sy to a V8 then its his truck to do it with, who's to stop him? im looking forward to seein it run, maybe in kansas City at the syty nationals! BUT what if this truck ever loses against a V6.............

MATT

Originally posted by mhoover
BUT what if this truck ever loses against a V6.............

MATT

Thats sounds like a challange from the Hoover camp to me Josh.. :eek: :p

Originally posted by blk00z28
Thats sounds like a challange from the Hoover camp to me Josh.. :eek: :p

no challenge at all, meant nothin by it. his truck is faster, prolly always will be. i meant if he ever does lose to a V6, with the exception of a 2WD, it will defeat the purpose of him puttin a V8 in it. with the exception of saving money but who cares! money grows on trees right!!!! :D

MATT

no challenge at all, meant nothin by it. his truck is faster, prolly always will be. i meant if he ever does lose to a V6, with the exception of a 2WD, it will defeat the purpose of him puttin a V8 in it. with the exception of saving money but who cares! money grows on trees right!!!! :D

MATT

it wouldnt bother me to lose to another syclone at all, losing to a jiffy lube car. now that would piss me off. as the truck sits right now it should be able to click off some 9.0-9.10's on low boost. I have just started work on a 377 small block that when all said and done could very well give chow a run for his money, but before that point it has to be decided do you try to push the AWD or give it up and go rear wheel drive. I would have loved to build a V6 and who knows after my other syclone is gone I just might build a 6 cylinder up and whoop up some GN's just for fun.

i think you have the jiffy lube cars covered with a 377! :D and i think 9.10s is out of our reach! im not sure what ours will do when we finish with it in a few weeks but that would be pushin it just a lil! :) cant wait to see that thing run! are you gonna be able to bring it to KC this year? hope maybe we can get sum fast trucks there for a good showing!

MATT

Originally posted by KGB Pilot125
it wouldnt bother me to lose to another syclone at all, losing to a jiffy lube car. now that would piss me off. as the truck sits right now it should be able to click off some 9.0-9.10's on low boost. I have just started work on a 377 small block that when all said and done could very well give chow a run for his money, but before that point it has to be decided do you try to push the AWD or give it up and go rear wheel drive. I would have loved to build a V6 and who knows after my other syclone is gone I just might build a 6 cylinder up and whoop up some GN's just for fun.

Really pushing it a little far to say you'll give Chow a run for his money. You got quite a way to go for that. How much boost weren't you running to click off the 9.5x pass at if you are going for the 9.0x range at low boost? :confused:

Originally posted by Ted A.
Really pushing it a little far to say you'll give Chow a run for his money. You got quite a way to go for that. How much boost weren't you running to click off the 9.5x pass at if you are going for the 9.0x range at low boost? :confused:

Why is that? I am hopefully going to be running in the heavy street a couple of times this year. Last year chow was at the 8.0 mark over the winter I know he has plans and I also have plans. the 9.5 pass was at 20 psi 60-1 turbos and a 10:1 AF. With the new turbos 67mm's and old motor I think at low boost 9.10's are possible if it will come out of the hole decently and with the new 377 small block and 2 new GT42's I should be able to blow apart any AWD setup i can thing to put under the truck. A RWD set up is on the back burner, with that and 2200 HP I say giving chow a run is within reach. What do you think?

also FWIW and I think that matt will agree Robert probably has one of the nicest all around trucks in the community. running 9's with the AC and driving it as far as he does to race is really something to be proud of. My truck, Hoovers truck, and the truck everyone swings from on this board are pretty much race trucks we can drive on the street, roberts is a street truck he races.

Josh, no offense here, but you haven't even run the truck yourself at the track. Those 9.5's were from the previous owner. Once you run the truck, then come back and tell us you can run 9.10-9.00 passes. If it was soooo easy why didn't the previous owner runner faster than a 9.5? I am kinda confused here :confused:

Robert probably has one of the nicest all around trucks in the community. running 9's with the AC and driving it as far as he does to race is really something to be proud of. Roberts is a street truck he races.

I dunno, I wanna see it run at NATS or on a US track......I would be surprised if we saw the same results. Now don't attack me here.....;) Thats just my opinion.

KGB it's time to stop all the big talk and get back to work on your V-8 twin turbo S-10. Before you know it a "REAL" Syclone with a single and a V-6 is going to take down that big number.

I can hear Chris Chow and his crew laughing waaaay over here from your last statement.

Originally posted by Syclone#1992
Josh, no offense here, but you haven't even run the truck yourself at the track. Those 9.5's were from the previous owner. Once you run the truck, then come back and tell us you can run 9.10-9.00 passes. If it was soooo easy why didn't the previous owner runner faster than a 9.5? I am kinda confused here :confused:

I can't wait to hear his response to this one.

also FWIW and I think that matt will agree Robert probably has one of the nicest all around trucks in the community. running 9's with the AC and driving it as far as he does to race is really something to be proud of. My truck, Hoovers truck, and the truck everyone swings from on this board are pretty much race trucks we can drive on the street, roberts is a street truck he races.

i agree, roberts truck is very nice! the pictures on his site show how clean it is! the arguement about ours not being a "street truck" is we have no air, have no use for it, or OD tranny. ours can be driven everyday probably just like josh's or any other sy/ ty but we choose not to. too much $$ invested. it doesnt really matter to us what people think though bc we're simply tryin to run faster now. not worried about being a "street truck." FWIW our wind shield wipers and electric windows still work!!! :D

MATT

The truck has a stock block and a stock crank, pushin it much past the 1000hp at the crank is just asking for lots of trouble, If the truck will comeout of the hole it shouldnt have a problem running a decent number. By the end of the season the 377 should be done, I just ordered the block and the rest of the parts are spec'ed out I just need to get to makin some money so I can pay for em. The previous owner didnt run the truck very much, I think he said 4-5 passes total? not really sure on that though. The truck has undergone some changes since Jason owned it, larger turbos, different spring set up, bigger brakes and some tuning.

I know chow and I know part of his crew and I also know what he is switching to for the coming season, I never said I would beat him but i would like to run him in the heavy street class. I know for a fact that with the 355 in there right now I wont touch him. oh well.

Bring on the V6 and a single, I know they can be fast but not as fast as a v8 with twins. losing to a syclone isnt bad but when you get worked by a regular S-10 thats no good:)

Tim I think that robert will run pretty fast here, it will take a new tune up to get used to the US gas. Also I found out that they run 400M which is longer than a 1/4 mile so the time should come down and MPH might drop a bit.

oh and top gun Who pissed in your corn flakes? when ever I hear about a fast car with a turbo I am always like WOOHOO thats awesome. Doesnt seem to matter what kind it is GN, SY, DSM.
you always seem very negative? You jealous, afraid of being slower? It seems you have a fast car according to your sig, so why are you such a dick? Maybe I am reading the post's wrong, hard telling how a person is through a keyboard :cool:

i agree, roberts truck is very nice! the pictures on his site show how clean it is! the arguement about ours not being a "street truck" is we have no air, have no use for it, or OD tranny. ours can be driven everyday probably just like josh's or any other sy/ ty but we choose not to. too much $$ invested. it doesnt really matter to us what people think though bc we're simply tryin to run faster now. not worried about being a "street truck." FWIW our wind shield wipers and electric windows still work!!! :D

MATT

tvery true, I have driven mine to the grocery store, home depot, work even . I love it but not something I would drive everyday. its loud (i dont mind it) it smells (race gas smells good to me though) valve train is noise, gets horrible gas mileage(its a carb) and I would rather drive my sti or duramax. at least you have electric windows, I have the manual one and one of the handles fell off :eek:

at least you have electric windows, I have the manual one and one of the handles fell off

i think it flew off on the 9.53 pass! i saw that thing leave! dang! :eek: oh yeah we have a cd player too! :D

MATT

i think it flew off on the 9.53 pass! i saw that thing leave! dang! :eek: oh yeah we have a cd player too! :D

MATT

mine is all wired for a stereo, and in the pics on sportmachines.com there is one there. I dont know how you could hear it over the valvetrain. I wont be putting one back in anytime soon, I have had my STI for almost a year and it still doesnt have a stereo of any kind. Although when I got my new duramax they gave me a free subscription for XM for 3 months and its pretty cool, I have been thinking I would like to have that for the STI.

Back on topic though, What are you guys hoping for when the tracks open back up?

so why are you such a dick?

I havent figured that one out either. None the less anything that he posts is either written by a 17yr old or by someone older that when he leaves a room it makes the other ppl happier.

Maybe I am reading the post's wrong

You arent. Hes a tool.

Back on topic though, What are you guys hoping for when the tracks open back up?

Well, to be honest, we're not sure? i think it will definately be faster than 9.89 which is our fastest run to date. we're gonna put 2 Mickey Thompsons on the back and see if we can get it to leave a little harder. the 60 ' was always the key to the truck running good.

The turbo we had i think limited how much air the truck could get. got that changed now so we'll see. i do think a 1000 HP is well within range

MATT

Originally posted by myclone
I havent figured that one out either. None the less anything that he posts is either written by a 17yr old or by someone older that when he leaves a room it makes the other ppl happier.

You arent. Hes a tool.

I was wondering when the thread cop was going to jump in.

Go back under your rock this discussion is for "The Big Boys"

Originally posted by top gun
this discussion is for "The Big Boys"

then tell me again why your pie hole is open? Only thing Ive seen outta you is smack talking and zero contribution. The pot shouldnt call the kettle black but then youd know that if you werent a tool.

Have a nice day