Fastest Sy.?

Originally posted by Syclone#1992
I dunno, I wanna see it run at NATS or on a US track......I would be surprised if we saw the same results. Now don't attack me here.....;) Thats just my opinion.

Planing to race at NATS 2005, my best time 2004... 9.78 and 2005 X.XX time:D

Regards

Robert

Originally posted by mhoover
Well, to be honest, we're not sure? i think it will definately be faster than 9.89 which is our fastest run to date. we're gonna put 2 Mickey Thompsons on the back and see if we can get it to leave a little harder. the 60 ' was always the key to the truck running good.

The turbo we had i think limited how much air the truck could get. got that changed now so we'll see. i do think a 1000 HP is well within range

MATT

Good work, locking good:) Tubo GT 47 ?

Originally posted by KGB Pilot125

also FWIW and I think that matt will agree Robert probably has one of the nicest all around trucks in the community. running 9's with the AC and driving it as far as he does to race is really something to be proud of. My truck, Hoovers truck, and the truck everyone swings from on this board are pretty much race trucks we can drive on the street, roberts is a street truck he races.

Originally posted by mrsyclone
:confused: Tell me More, info

Regads Robert

Just a dude out chopping down guys 3 or 4 nights a week.

As for that big V8 I am surprised he isn't deep into the nines. It sounds like a straight up track truck.

Originally posted by top gun
What was the converted mph on the converted 9.7 pass???

My best Mph 144.22( 232.2 km). Temp out side 89 F no Tail wind!!!

My best ET 9.78(142.3MPH ( 229.2 KM) Temp 85 F No tail wind!!

Have a nice day =)

See you this summer

:confused:

Originally posted by twinvette
Just a dude out chopping down guys 3 or 4 nights a week.

As for that big V8 I am surprised he isn't deep into the nines. It sounds like a straight up track truck.

Explain?

The fastest true Syclone sits in Michigan.

i think somebody may have missed something! :)

Good work, locking good Tubo GT 47 ?

thanks! i think its a Garrett 88 turbo actually. just a bit larger than the previous turbo we had. are you to make it to KC this year? hope to see you there!

MATT

Originally posted by mrsyclone
My best Mph 144.22( 232.2 km). Temp out side 89 F no Tail wind!!!

My best ET 9.78(142.3MPH ( 229.2 KM) Temp 85 F No tail wind!!

Have a nice day =)

See you this summer

:confused:

Was there a head wind of any sort?

Where does this ill will come from?

I attend the SyTy Nats every year since 2002, and this year will be no exception. I believe everyone would love to see all these fast trucks show up and show us what they've got.

Whenever I see a Turbo Buick I get excited and want to check it out and speak with the owner and exchange info about my truck, too. But reading this forum and the posts by "top gun" and his crew (to name the worst offenders), leaves me with the feeling that the Grand National guys "hate" the Syclone/Typhoon guys the same way an irrational Ford Lover would hate a "Chebby" :confused:
Where does this animosity come from?

Where I come from, we all like to share information and see each other go fast and we share in the joy when someone else accomplishes something cool. With the hate I see in this forum coming from that michigan Syclone crew it would seem perhaps there is thousands of dollars of prize money on the line, but I'm not aware of any such competitions?? What makes the stakes so high to carry such ill will to your fellow turbocharged motorists??

Just chill out and take that "hate" bull**** somewhere else.. Maybe next time you can contribute something rather than boasting your own accomplishments.. I am sure there are people who could find information gained from your experience, beneficial..

josh,

the guy from michigan who owns the syclone is mike. he is a very nice guy. i think all the post are coming from his friends or buddies tryin to gas everything up. dont let that make a bad impression on him bc he was a class act in my communication with him.

i dont think this thread really shows how the syty community feels. you always have a few that speak their mind openly and maybe are a lil bias about GM or Ford. but, hey, that will never change!!! cya in KC!!! :cool:

MATT

the guy from michigan who owns the syclone is mike. he is a very nice guy. i think all the post are coming from his friends or buddies tryin to gas everything up. dont let that make a bad impression on him bc he was a class act in my communication with him. "

We will see what you think of him when he walks your sy.

Originally posted by twinvette
the guy from michigan who owns the syclone is mike. he is a very nice guy. i think all the post are coming from his friends or buddies tryin to gas everything up. dont let that make a bad impression on him bc he was a class act in my communication with him. "

We will see what you think of him when he walks your sy.

oh wow! i love it when someone jumps on the coattail of one of their buddies.

MATT

Originally posted by mhoover
oh wow! i love it when someone jumps on the coattail of one of their buddies.

MATT

Your so right Matt. Here we call em Strap Hangers or just plain ole Dingleberries.....

Mike

SY 0383 Not Stock
SY 0831 Stock

wow!!! i wish i would have seen this thread sooner. i remember seeing that sy at PMI here in colorado. it had a twin turbo carb motor. he took it to our local car show a couple times

Re: Where does this ill will come from?

Whenever I see a Turbo Buick I get excited and want to check it out and speak with the owner and exchange info about my truck, too. But reading this forum and the posts by "top gun" and his crew (to name the worst offenders), leaves me with the feeling that the Grand National guys "hate" the Syclone/Typhoon guys the same way an irrational Ford Lover would hate a "Chebby" :confused:
Where does this animosity come from? [/B]

I dont hate Sy's or Ty's, as a matter fact I love Sy's and I wish I had one. One day I will have a fast Syclone...

All you guys get your trucks back together ready to take down the "ill-willed" MI truck yet?

Back off my coattail and under my rock....... :eek:

Lets face it, wheather your in a buick community, a syclone or you belong to the national association of professional pigmy goat farmers there will always be a dick around. I had two sy's and I now have 3 buick powered macnines. Love them all.

Nascar cars are far from anything remotely resembling a "real" car but millions line up to see them every sunday. Just like these cars and trucks....ours are just plain damn fun to watch.....and drive no matter what its powered by.
I do have to say though, you could still call a hot air balloon a hot air balloon even if you increased the size of the "balloon", made the burners put out more heat and increased the size of the basket, but not if it had impellers and a jet engine. Same goes for a sy or a buick with a v8. It then becomes a s-10 or a regal. Just my "opinion"

Again, this is about going fast, working with what you've got, and learning from your mistakes, your competitions mistakes, failures and successes. If all you want to do is talk smack, just remember there is always someone faster who's got your #.

Just FYI, if anyone IS serious about going fast with a v6 in a sy, or a ty I have an odd fire crank, bowtie block and heads-intake combo for just the thing.