Fastest Pump Gas / Alky Car...?

Sheeeeit Julio.... one of my customers ran the 1/8th saturday.... 93 pump gas and alky... 6.55@104.... where does that get him... :cool: wished we could have run it out the back door but he had to load up and head back to Arkansas...

Sheeeeit Julio.... one of my customers ran the 1/8th saturday.... 93 pump gas and alky... 6.55@104.... where does that get him... :cool: wished we could have run it out the back door but he had to load up and head back to Arkansas...

Yup James.. I posted in another thread hope he makes it next year.. he would of been someone to recon with as well. The pond was full of sharks :D

Damn James!:eek: Way to go! Now was this the T you brought to shreveport?

Hey Taylor, yes it was.... I always felt it was a good runner, James runs it weekly at a 1,000 ft track. I never really got a hold of his times in relationship to the 1\4 or 1/8.. It rocks and looks to have plenty left if we turned up the boost. Even had a 1.49 60ft with my foot coming off the gas pedal on launch.. with drag radials. That little Turbonetics 66 turbo is one nasty turbo.. How you doing down there....

Jason Cramer ran the car as he runs it on the street-with alky & Im sure some grade of pump gas. 9.74 at 140-might double check with him but he ought to be on the list.

John

updated a few times from BG and some winter threads.......

List of Fastest Pump Gas/Alky Regals with a 109 block

1. JC'sGN..................9.82@137
2. 1985GN.................9.91@137
3. Grumpy.................9.94@138
4. RICHIE HIGH PSI..10.05@133
5. TURBO 6..............10.12@132
6. murphster...........10.19@129
7. J-B Racing...........10.22@136
8. snyderjw1...........10.26@132
9. cutt.....................10.30@128
10. Super6...............10.41@128
11. pacecarta...........10.41@126
12. insane6...............10.44@112 :p
13. turbo6randy.........10.46@131

Sorry if anyone was left off the list.

Do these cars conform to TAI class rules when these passes were made? Or is this just a list of pump/alky car times?

Under "TAI" I have the fastest slip 10.55. Meaning we ran the class.. Last year Randy ran 10.6 on qualifying. There where cars last Saturday that where going to run the class that where faster. 10.39 would of been the number since the car met weight and fill'd up at the host gas station.. But having all the classes pulled due to weather.. it is what it is.

Its a namby pamby deal.. as Grumpy says its a woulda/coulda/shoulda deal. I dont want to take away from anyone's accomplishments. The list on pump gas is created by racers who push the envelope. It does allow someone to lie, but that lie is one they will have to live with.

Guess its like TSM. If the car runs 8.99 during test n tune it doesnt count as a TSM record. It only counts as a TSM record if the number is run during eliminations or legal qualifying.

So what are thoughts?

Correction 10.58 run was against Joe Reif in finals 06. And Brackets where done. 10.55 was at Reynolds.

Jason Cramer ran the car as he runs it on the street-with alky & Im sure some grade of pump gas. 9.74 at 140-might double check with him but he ought to be on the list.

John

Pump gas is pump gas. If it has race gas its not pump gas. Richie had run 9.55 with a pump gas/race gas mix. But it wasnt on straight pump gas.

Do these cars conform to TAI class rules when these passes were made? Or is this just a list of pump/alky car times?

I think the main things are that you are running pump gas (93 or lower), a 109 block, and meet the weight requirements. The rest of the rules are pretty loose. Probably the biggest question mark would be if everyone meets the weight requirement.

I'm running AL heads, but my race weight is around 3650 so I'm ok with 100lbs to spare.

i am running iron heads and weigh in at 3490...no mix here just 93 from here on out....i have not turned mine up neither:) ..........Bob

You guys are making me crazy reading about these times on pump gas.

I'm going to have join in the fun here.

Mikey

i am running iron heads and weigh in at 3490...no mix here just 93 from here on out....i have not turned mine up neither:) ..........Bob

Dude your car moves out.. cant wait for Reynolds and some weather.. 9's should be a cinch.

The fastest I've been on pump gas is 10.06. Don't remember the MPH. I'll have to see if I can find the slip. It was one of those nights when everything just worked. Drag radials hooked up much better than expected

Its picking up 25 MPH on the back end so the tuneup is good.. Good luck.

thanks

Dude your car moves out.. cant wait for Reynolds and some weather.. 9's should be a cinch.

Yes 9's, i want to run them consistantly and i wish Reynolds was this weekend:) ..it should be some exciting racing for sure...............Bob

iron 8445s , stock bottom end (rods mains caps crank pistons and all the stock bolts ) thats right no girdle studs or steel mains ,

flat tappet cam ,stock rockers /shafts /pushrods ,
stock untouched intake
on a TT chip

went back last night (changed the wastegate spring from 5 to 11psi ) adjust alky controller internally and adjusted the fast program .

now ive got much better spoolup but with more boost at launch than i can handle with 275/60 DRs and it comes on much much quicker than before
so my 60s sucked as all i got was tire spin even coming off as low as 7psi
best run was only
1.67 slipping through 1st
102.89 6.87
127.05 10.71
capped up through the mufflers
race weight 3498

so next outing will have to be on slicks

i'm in your boat ...bone stock shortblock never been out of the car. i am very careful with the tune. i also run a ME-R(thanks Steve Yaklin & Eric Marshall) You can't hardly give a ME-R away but i would not have anything else..there will be 3 cars in Reynolds that i know of with the ME-R setup.........Bob