Fastest Pump Gas / Alky Car...?

Alky Systems

i'm in your boat ...bone stock shortblock never been out of the car. i am very careful with the tune. i also run a ME-R(thanks Steve Yaklin & Eric Marshall) You can't hardly give a ME-R away but i would not have anything else..there will be 3 cars in Reynolds that i know of with the ME-R setup.........Bob

Hey,guys,sorry for the intrusion. I sold my 8 second race car a couple years ago and now want to build a nice street/strip car with alky. I'm interested in some of your recipes. Have you had any problems with premature ring wear from the alcohol? My son had one of the ATR setups and it was really hard on the cylinders.

cylinder wear

i probably have put at least 4k on mine in the last 5 years and everything is good...keeps the carbon out of the cylinders. i have used about 6 or 7 gallons of alky i would say..get a good alky kit and you shouldn't have any problems...........Bob

ive got close to 400 runs on this one , probably about 50 gallons or more of alky burned through it , i use about 3/4 to 1 gallon a night at the track

we have 12k on our "old" motor.. ran good no problems :p her new motor has 2/3k on it.. 2/300 miles a week anyway during the summer.:cool:

Hey,guys,sorry for the intrusion. I sold my 8 second race car a couple years ago and now want to build a nice street/strip car with alky. I'm interested in some of your recipes. Have you had any problems with premature ring wear from the alcohol? My son had one of the ATR setups and it was really hard on the cylinders.
The motor 99 percent of the time runs on gasoline. Then when its raced has 15-20% of its fuel from the methanol. Its not like it idles, runs, 24/7 on methanol. And the short time the alcohol is run through the motor it helps clear out crud from the intake and cylinders.

If you have a ring issue, more than likely the engine is running poorly on the fuel its on primarily. Perfect example is a vacuum leak cuasing extra fuel to be dumped into the cylinder cuasing washdown.

You'll be fine as long as you have a properly running engine.

HTH

any new updates?? im hoping to head to track middle/end of next week to see if i can move up the list but i have a feeling this heat is gonna be the ET killer..

My car was always faster at Reynolds in the Fall.. cant wait as well.

last call

After Reynolds i am going to a V-8..turboed LS1...i am sure going to miss TAI..maybe we can have a v-8 pump gas alky class in the future:) or i could just put the v-6 back end twice a year:eek: ........Bob

Is there going to be a TAI class in Reynolds????

Is it too soon to ask? It's a long drive for me to bracket race...I think I saw an old post from early in the year that said 8 cars needed to be pre-registered for there to be a class...is that the case? if so are there any cars pre-registered? Julio??

Thanks, John

Its like BG. I only knew a few cars where coming them BAM.. 15 cars showed up.

We'll run cars at Reynolds.. class or not :D

Just went a 10.43 on 93 octane and alky this past weekend.
Thanks to Julio for a great alky kit.

Todd, GREAT racing this weekend! Looking foward to installing the control arms and slicks to see what the trans break is like.

Thanks John. Congrats on your pass as well.
You'll s*^t when you t-brake it!! LOL
Let me know how the LCAs work out.