Fastest Pump Gas / Alky Car...?

GNBRETT

Pelennor Fields
Anyone Know Who Has The Fastest Turbo Buick In The Country Using Pump Gas And Alky? Either Rear Wheel Hp Or 1/4 Mile Times?

That's with a 109 block though.....

Might be able to lower the bar after this weekend but like the Grump says....Let the car do the talkin...

It was talkin the other day on the highway.......:O

What I'd give for a brake and slicks on that car.....

Nice brakes.........NOT ;)

109 car, Grumpy's car. 10.28 at 132
StageI would be Geno's 10.1 At 135
109 on alky and good gas.. Richie 9.6 at 140.
Scott Atk and Richie have ran 9.7 on 100 unleaded and alky
John Crawford in Canada ran 10.35

Thats off the top of my mind.. sorry if I missed a few.

ya ready to rock and roll this weekend :eek: prob get some good 13sec runs :p everyone pray for this poor Mazda motor :eek: :biggrin:

Not sure if John Crawford's car counts since the original question was fastest in the country, and I would assume the US......

Just kidding....

To add to that though, his car is a 109 block, and it was pump gas and alky.......the mph was just under 135...........134.6 to be exact.......on a humid day in July........I would say mostly thanks to the alky !!!

Razor! You left yourself out? Don't be modest put the numbers up.

I'm too slow at 10.5's.. before years end i'll put a number up.. The nice thing about Florida.. track is open year round.

:D

The nice thing about Florida.. track is open year round.

That must be nice! I can only dream of racing year round.:cool:

looks like melissa did it again and really raised the bar on her first pass at atco today with razors kit , turbo tweak chip and mickey radials ,
the car is absolutely unreal and gives no clue to what its capable of with the hood up or down

im sure russ will post up the specifics once he gets home

congrats to mellissa on a great pass !!!

Last edited:
Hmmm... So is anyone in 9's with "real" pumpgas... ie. 93? I got the impression that the 10-breakers were using something over 93 with the alky.

10.10 @ 132.79 this morning on a 1.48 60'. Man, she's gettin really good at this......

We drove it back to the hotel and to the track this morning like nothin..... Car kicks ass!!

Pure 93 octane.......

Hmmm... So is anyone in 9's with "real" pumpgas... ie. 93? I got the impression that the 10-breakers were using something over 93 with the alky.

i know of a couple 10 cars on just 93 and alky ,mine wont see anything else and not even the brand name stuff , i run any 93 i can find

Knockin on the door of 9's......

Hello All,

Just wanted to resurrect this thread with an update about JC'sGN (John Crawford) GN from this past weekend.

In mid 20 deg C (about 75 deg F) temps the car went 10.05@136.6.......not once but twice with the other run around 136.3....

Worst past of the day (of 4 runs) was a 10.2x@134.....

Pump Gas, Julio's Alky kit and a Precision 67BB............

Note: I only posted because JC wouldn't........likely this will be the only time you hear of this.....unless of course he goes 9's..........MPH is certainly there......

OMG... soooo close.. Send reguards to John.. he has definitely been earning the rights..

Mike.. thanks for posting..

Grumpy.. The bar has just been moved :D

hahahahahaha...the chase is on!!!!! congrats John !!! She is back racing .. first run with brakes since BG 10.24 @ 131+ .. 74* an rained shortly after :rolleyes: ok gotta a get that car back at the track !!!! John..awesome MPH :eek: John what are ya running for a tire ???

Guys,if everything goes well I should have the new motor in the car over the winter.Also having a chrome moly cage put in.I hope to be running with ya.93 and alky.