Fast update...Craig ? Where are we ?

clemsgn

When the "other" post started about this, Craig said in January it might be ready in a week. Then it was soon..soon..soon ? What is the latest on this Craig ? Realistically, when do you expect it to be availible ?

Thank You Much

i have tried to put the pressure on this, with no success. You can lead a horse to water, but can't make him drink. Same kinda thing happening here.

You guys need to seriously get off his case. Go work on and drive your cars instead of bitching on here. You just might figure out your problems and your so called "software" problems on your own.

You have a point, I'm not going to get into the 9s sitting here complaining.

Originally posted by norbs
You have a point, I'm not going to get into the 9s sitting here complaining.

I totally agree, but I'm not just complaining about not getting it, but more like wishfull thinking that a fully detailed manual will accompany it !! No one can tune properly without knowing what the correct procedures, details and Dashboard abbreviations all mean. Don't get me wrong, I have a real good understanding of how to tune with this system, but there's always room for improvement. I've found a lot of help on this board, and I thank everyone for contributing to this cause.
I realize that there's a lot of other, more important things that FAST may need to tend to right now, but why tease us months ago and then shut off all comunications ! A short, but sweet update on how it's coming along is all we ask.

Thanks for your time !

Originally posted by JrTuner
You guys need to seriously get off his case. Go work on and drive your cars instead of bitching on here. You just might figure out your problems and your so called "software" problems on your own.

We were not the one's who said it'll be done in a week! And I feel that it would be nice to do it when you say you will,or at least that is the way it is where I come from. Just would like to see that given to a customer that brought the unit new. I don't think we are out of line nor are we badgering him just would be nice if he kept us up to date because it is getting closer to a lot of race dates.;)

Steve

There is nothing wrong with the current software that would prevent you from racing or tuning your car. Your issues are probably lack of knowledge.

Software bugs are not caused by the users lack of knowledge. Cut us some slack here........

I would suggest calling FAST directly. Craig comes to this site out of courtesy. FAST (TCI) are the ones that ultimately are responsible.

I was wondering what are some of the software problems you are having? I work with C-Com & WP on a regular basis, there are things I would like changed but I don't have any problems with any software bugs.

So nobody has problems ? Maybe just trying to get your post counts up. All this talk there must be some problems. Anybody

-holding down the pgup/down keys on the graphs can corrupt data severly.
-not being able to save the data log after ingition is shut off.
-the cursor freezing up on the ve table, randomly, general lockups. I have tried this on 3 laptops and still have run into lockups.
-active bubble cursor resonds slow or is way off the map for no reason.
-slower sensor updates than DOS

Must be the translation into canadian. I have seen the bubble issue way back when the windows software first came out but we are talking years ago. I have not expierenced any of your problems with the lastest version of the software. Most of your problems with slow bubbles or even inaccurate bubbles is having too many windows open within C-Com, too many applications running in windows, viruses, and/or not enough RAM. You can't have a bunch of crap running in the background if you don't have enough RAM. C-Com especially has a problem with this because of the fact that it uses a very slow port, i.e. the serial port. Why do you think computer companies don't uses them anymore, some don't even have them. I have dedicated laptops for tuning with nothing but C-Com and a couple other tuning programs on them. We are talking 266 Pentiums with 32MB of RAM and never have a problem with them, Windows or DOS. I also use the FAST Datalogger alot with no problems. I think a majority of your problems are that you are expecting this software to do more then it was intended to. From my expierence I think it is also possible to have a laptop that is too fast for this software, another reason why I use dedicated ones that are basically disposable. I think if you stop and go back to basics with this stuff you will find it works better. And norbs seem to remember on here you saying you had a beta version of software and one point. If you are complaining about that still, then I think you need to be told what beta means. Any issues you might have are to be told to the designer so they can be addressed not to be bitched about on the internet.

Originally posted by norbs
-holding down the pgup/down keys on the graphs can corrupt data severly.
-not being able to save the data log after ingition is shut off.
-the cursor freezing up on the ve table, randomly, general lockups. I have tried this on 3 laptops and still have run into lockups.
-active bubble cursor resonds slow or is way off the map for no reason.
-slower sensor updates than DOS

How about...
-using up/down arrows to adjust some graphs and engine stalls ?
-in aft start vs coolant, blue dot stays at 80% enrichment when aft corr in dashboard shows correct amount ? Even when up to operating temp, and aft corr is 0, dot is still at 80% ?
-Some graphs changing on thier own ?
-If log is saved B-4 set time is reached, data will be lost ?
-What do "revs" (revolutions) & "cnts" (counts) really mean in some graphs ?
-Most sensors in the dashboard are self explanitory, but what do the rest stand for ?

Some users may just have race only cars, but I have a dual purpose ! I want the driveability to be as smooth and silky as it can be, within reason for a 10 sec ride :D

This "graphical" update should help tremendously as far as visually seeing something that you may miss with the current dashboard and will "hopefully" be worth the wait !

I guess your the only one without problems of the many users. The Canadian version must be different, but i will stick to DOS , becuase it actually works in the real world. I do have the latest version of the software.

JrTuner is correct about having to much backround crap.
I don't like not being able to save the data log after ingition is shut off. I don't think this is a bug or software problem. The Data Logger & Windows software came out at the same time, maybe this was to encourage us to buy Data Loggers. If you have to shut down you car at the end of your run I would get a Data Logger it will also help save your laptop. I also prefer the DOS version but to retrive data with a data logger I must use Windows. Other than that I have not had any other problems you are having Norbs.
Now Clem I think you might have corupt software or screwed up laptop or both. I have a customer with a IBM laptop that will not record certain data parameters yet install the same software in a different laptop & it works fine. Some of the dash info is for internal diag. they should just leave them out it is nothing that will help us. Revs are the number of crank pulses that must be received by the ECU . Counts would be used in the TPS & MAP A/E to caculate rate of change. I'm sure you can achive your driveablity & WOT goals with the software you have.
I will talk to Lance about your problems & see if any can or will be corrected with the next version.

Originally posted by clemsgn
When the "other" post started about this, Craig said in January it might be ready in a week. Then it was soon..soon..soon ? What is the latest on this Craig ? Realistically, when do you expect it to be availible ?

Thank You Much

Anybody listening to Clem .... looks like he just wants to know if the latest update is out yet .. requires a yes or no !

By the way, what is the lastest version of FAST ( Speed-Pro )
software :confused: