Entry Level tuners

I took it out and logged another 1-2-3 pass on an open road. Everything looked pretty close to what you guys are reccomending. I opened the timing map and layed the run over top of it. IT seems like it's peaking in the 19.5* of timing area. I tend to hear pinging from the car sometimes and I wonder if this is why?

AFR seems dead on with what you posted. 11.5 across the run under full boost. TPS only 85%? Guess I need to tackle that next.
The Air temp was 85* and dropped to 75* under boost.

I wanted to work on my cruising timing but i'm afraid if I don't make smooth transitions that it's going to run funny jumping back and fourth from 26* -40*-30* and back and fourth.

I would also like to finish the 2.0 self learn install because I want to see what it will correct. Throughout the run I saw pretty limited corrections being made. There were as high as 5 or 6 early on and 1.5 for a bit during full boost.

How do you read the AFR table? When I go to closed loop Parameters in the drop down it comes up reading 0.80 instead of 14.1

lol...Why? Something sound horribly wrong or right?

How do I go about posting it? Pm me the details

sounds like it's reading lamda. uncheck that option under the file menu.
i actually use the lamda scale to tune, just bc that is what i got used to try to run the e85.
i set everything under 110-130 kpa at target lamda 1.00 , then if it is running .93 a 7% increase in fuel SHOULD land it on 1.00.
This is the first time i did it this way really from close to scratch, having someone drive me around and holding it steady, my ve table was real close within an hour...
I'm just working on drivabillity, haven't really played in the WOT areas, yet. i know i can get 18 psi without knock so far.

Post the logs and gct file on here by using winzip. I will go through step by step on what I think needs fixing.

Kidglok generously sent me one of his tunes to look at. IT's clearly a lot more organized than mine is. Overall I seem to end up with the right numbers at full throttle but I can easily see where there needs to be a lot of strightening up in various places. It's going to be fun to straighten it out though.

Not to bad, but your software is out dated so you need to upgrade that 1st. I would say too much timing at idle and ve numbers are all over the place at higer boost. I would say your trans is gone or slipping in 3rd gear... It is also a good idea to log knock and VE, and after start and cts enrichment or you have no way to tune cold.

Get a new trans and converter and report backo_O

Here is a chart comparing the kpa to psia (absolute pressure) to psig (gage pressure). Gage pressure is what your boost gage reads, with atmospheric pressure being zero.

kpa . . psia . . psig
315 . . 46.3 . . 31.6
300 . . 44.1 . . 29.4
275 . . 40.4 . . 25.7
250 . . 36.8 . . 22.1
225 . . 33.1 . . 18.4
200 . . 29.4 . . 14.7
175 . . 25.7 . . 11.0
150 . . 22.1 . . . 7.4
125 . . 18.4 . . . 3.7
100 . . 14.7 . . . 0.0
75 . . . 11.0 . . .-3.7
50 . . . .7.4 . . .-7.4
25 . . . .3.7 . .-11.0
0 . . . . .0.0 . .-14.7

here is what i have. i show kpa , i show map psia.
my psia reads more like the psig .... ex. 100 kpa = -0.4 psia ; 135 kpa = 5.0 psia

i'm assuming it has the offset factored in to read psig , but is miss-labled psia? or do i have something way off?

The fast uses psia as a reference to the atmospheric pressure read at igntion on. So the boost your recording is more accurate. The chart above is just a generic chart confusing you. So when you see 0 psia in the log its actually referenced against the current atmospheric pressure it recorded and converted to zero with the key on.

Get a new trans and converter and report backo_O

The transmission is fresh. It's got 450 miles on it right now. All fresh parts from Sonnax and Transstar. It's hits second and third gear firm and positive. The Converter is a brand new Billet 9.5 3200 stall from TSI. I know it's fresh because I watched them build it as I am the Sales and Technical support for TSI. ;) I hand chose the parts in the unit.

The Rpm's on that run are hard to go by because there was a lot of tire spin through 1st and 2nd. Maybe even third?
The road was crappy, the car has 275 Nitto's on it and the stupid posi isn't working. I have another to go in soon.

At 3.84 it went into 3rd I think. It shifted around 4700 or so which is early. Were working that out as we pinned the spring in the governor and may need to take a little more weight off of it.

Again, this car is very new ( was rolling for 22 years until 1/12) and only has 450 miles on new motor/trans/converter so i'm coming across things as I go.

I'm going to try and make another log without any wheel spin to see if the RPM graph is more consistant. It's never impossible that something may be wrong.

OK, I believe I did not assume your spinning the tires in 3rd gear.....I would have it shift at least 5200 if possible. If all else fails turn the boost lower.

also i noticed you have the fuel enrichment vs air inlet temp. table adjusted....that should be zero'd out as speed density already takes that into consideration with the fuel calculations