Entry Level tuners

I read that in the index but I didn't know which wire was the A21 wire. I'm thinking it's the white loose wire in the first bank of the harness. In a search I saw Cal say you can flash the ECm by making a jumper in a plug behing the radio. I may be completely off with that though. I really want to know what wire A21 is.

As I recall, you can flash it by grounding out the diagnostic pin on the ALDL connector that would be shorting pins A and B top right pins to each other with a paperclip

As I recall, you can flash it by grounding out the serial data pin on the ALDL connector that would be shorting pins E and F top left pins to each other with a paperclip

You are almost correct, Norbs. Just jumper the right two pins in the top row of the ALDL just like checking for codes on a stock ecm. If you have a thumbwheel, you may be able to just put it in position 4. Depends on how it's wired.

Thanks guys? So there's no wire in the caspers adaptor that does this? There is a loose white wire in there.

Where is the ALDL plug and how the heck do I get to it?

aldl copy.JPG
View attachment 160535

I will post a pic of the aldl its to the left under the dash near radio. Cal you can delete my quotation I thought it was the serial data, i did my flash a long time ago. thanks. Everyone its the top 2 right pins, not left pins

you talking about the diag port under the drivers side where you can plug a scanner into?

White wire is not used in your application. It's the points wire for the guys running a distributor.

Alright, i'll get jumping. I want to try out this self learn gig. I have to sell the car unfortunetely and want to have it on self learn so it doesn't scare anyone away.

Something went wrong. I got everything flashed and 2.0 seems to be up and running. The computer connects fine. I brought over my old program from the 1.3 but the car is not starting. It just cranks away. From memory, I don't think the injector lights were active. This sucks

Go make sure the 2.o is enabled in the system configuration menu.

^^ That was it. It began to start after that but would immd. stall. Like it had no fuel. So I went into the File and pulled up the tune that I got from Kidglok which was already 2.0 based. (Thanks Kidglok!!!) The car fired right up and ran great. I can tell it's a little off with fuel (maybe fat) and a few times while cruising (possible decel?) it stalled. IT eventually threw a Check engine light which I havn't seen yet. I got home and restarted it to check it with the laptop and it was already out? Typical. How do you check codes in the XFI. I'll look for it in the index also.

You would have to data log the error code, and error code 2 in your dash to save the last error. I think they clear on next power up each time.