Eastwood Fender Roller for Rent

7845 S. Sarah Ann Dr.
Southaven, MS 38671

I need it fairly quickly if at all possible. I have my car primed, but I wanted to roll the fenders before paint!

Just let me know,

Thanks
-Will

Just checking Will...to see if you have received the tool yet??

Will PM you as well.

Bob

I did receive it, sorry for the delayed response....explained in PM.

Thanks,

-Will

Thanks for asking...it might be 2-3 weeks before you get it...possibly 4 considering shipping from CA. It should just now be arriving in CA (no confirmation yet) ...then it goes to Cincinnati, and then can go to you.

Bob

PM's sent to Mauricio, JPratt, and John Wilde.

Bob

Bob,

Thanks so much for your time.
I will not need the tool this time around.
Mauricio can forward the tool as soon as he is ready.

Best regards,

John Wilde

Queue me up!

Bob,
Next.
I need it for a couple days (in the Midwest/aka balmy Southern WI).

Thanks.
Another Bob

Don't have a specific temperature to tell you...nor a way to judge. In general if you can heat it till it's just below the bubbling/discoloration point I'd think that would be optimum...but getting that close could easily ruin your paint if you go over.

If you have an inconsipicuous area where if you did damage the paint it wouldn't matter you could perform a test wherein you apply a hair dryer or heat gun in a very specific and repeatable manner and see just where the paint is damaged. Then make sure you don't heat it that much when time to roll the fender well lip.

The trouble is rolling the lip is not a one time process...it should be done by bending with many small passes, bending a little each time, instead of 2 or 3 BIG bends. With the many passes the temperature of the paint will be very difficult to keep near the "optimum" point. However, many small bends (instead of a few big bends) will lessen the chance of paint cracking.

With all that being said...My advice would be to not risk it if cracked paint will be something that you cannot deal with.

Regards, Bob

I'd like to rent the tool

Hey Bob

I'd like to rent the tool next. Do you have it or is it out right now? Anyways, put me in line if you can. If the guy in Wisconsin has it he can ship it directly to me (if nobody minds that). I'll PM my address to whoever needs it.

Thanks
Andy

Use a heat gun to maintain a temperature of 120-140 degrees F. The temperature needs to be maintained throughout the process.

Its on its way to Texas as of this morning. That thing has been all over the country. :eek:

Just for the fun of it why dont you start a list of all the places that this tool has been and post it up. ;) I think that would be neet. maybe the miles too. that tool might see more miles then our regals do.:eek: I hope that in the near future i will try to bum the tool for a week,but I got to put the body on the frame first and try to find a job. layoff is starting to get old.:(