Don't Read UNLESS You Want to be Pissed Off

Do you think she should prevail in her lawsuit against Florida?

• Yes

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • No

Votes: 119 96.7%

• Total voters
Even Batman had to take his mask off for his license photo. Anybody think he drives around in the Batmobile without a license? :)

Originally posted by metal-box
Even Batman had to take his mask off for his license photo. Anybody think he drives around in the Batmobile without a license? :)

But he gets to break the law! He drives over 100mph and has all sorts of vehicular weapons and he NEVER gets pulled over! :)

I just realized she may need the license so she can legally drive the car with the explosives in it. :)

Joe

Excellent point. But, how will she get her face plastered all over the news after she blows up a building if she doesn't have a picture on her license?

Originally posted by GNX Guy
I just realized she may need the license so she can legally drive the car with the explosives in it. :)

Joe

LOL, then let's all hope she loses. :eek:

I don't know what the big deal is with putting your picture on an ID. I couldn't wait to get my license and they had pic ones back then. Had to have a pic ID to get into the BARS! As far as the mask goes, lose it or no license. She got feet under that bag somewhere.

Originally posted by Pronto
I don't know what the big deal is with putting your picture on an ID. I couldn't wait to get my license and they had pic ones back then. Had to have a pic ID to get into the BARS! As far as the mask goes, lose it or no license. She got feet under that bag somewhere.

It's not a big deal to me. As you said, it's good for getting into clubs, bars, etc. It shouldn't be used for many other purposes, however.

Originally posted by TurboTer
I see what you're saying, but what about before pictures were mandatory? What did you cops do in the 70's before they required pics? Honestly, I somewhat agree with you. I don't have a problem with picture licenses, but it must never go any further (fingerprints, DNA, etc.).
Well, put it this way. As technology increases so do lifestyles and crime fighting techniques. Back in the '70's we weren't attacked on our homeland by hostile enemies. I'm sure you've heard that "everything changes, nothing stays the same".

If we lived without adapting and changing to our environment we'd still own slaves, women wouldn't vote, we wouldn't drive cars and electricity would have never been invented. As I'm sure you know our federal Constitution was designed and built with change in mind. Our founding fathers would have designed it to be unalterable otherwise. Remember, it says "those rights not enumerated in this document are reserved to the states OR to the people" (I didn't look this up, it's from memory). When it says "states" it's referring to state government which is why I'm a huge advocate of states' rights (such as Florida's right to regulate a privilege such as drivers' licenses).

IF anyone agrees with this woman then there's absolutely NO objection to this man getting a Florida driver's license with his photo as shown. It's part of his religion too. TurboTer, what say you?:
Florida License

Originally posted by TT/A1233
IF anyone agrees with this woman then there'd absolutely NO objection to this man getting a Florida driver's license with his photo as shown. It's part of his religion too. TurboTer, what say you?:
Florida License

That picture is just plain scary.

good point. You are absolutly right.. If its okay for one it should be for everyone..

IF anyone agrees with this woman then there's absolutely NO objection to this man getting a Florida driver's license with his photo as shown. It's part of his religion too. TurboTer, what say you?:
Florida License

gnx guy that was an ignorant statement you made. just because she is muslim does not mean she is involved in terrorism.are we looking at all christians after Tim Mc veih blew up that building and killed all those people?go after terrorism not religion.my sister is a muslim and she is far from a terrorist!

Mike , that is absolutly correct! I know some people who practice the Muslum religion and they are not terrorists. Come on people. Don't generalize because of a religion. Thats not fair..

I STILL think she has to remove the face hiding material tho if she wants a license.. Period.

This is an interesting debate. And this type of debate will continue on as long as we are capable of doing so.

There has been so MANY changes in the way we view the world and the way we are viewed by our piers and government. But let me tell ya. Big changes will come in the future. Changes that we right now just can't fathom.

Let me give you just one example that could happen. I am not a science fiction buff, so this idea is all my own.

In a few years we may all be required to be implanted with computer chips that would read out minds. This chip could be accesssed and read out at will. It could be called a "truth" chip.

Let's say that a person is suspected of terrorism. He or she would be brought into the police station and the chip would be accessed. No questioning, no lawyers, no trials, no nothin'. Within 30 minutes the person would be proved innocent or guilty and be released or sentenced to jail.

Another scenario is that a person is suspected of assault (and they had actually done it.) They would be brought in and information read out from their brain including not only the thought processes during the assault but the images recorded by the eyes of the suspect. Irrefutable evidence. (Just think of how high the unemployment would be with so many lawyers out of work!! LOL)

Do I advocate any of what I have talked about? NO!!! But it does have advantages. If you knew without a doubt that when you do something wrong that you would get caught without fail, would you do it? Likely not. But how far would Big Brother go in making things "right". What if the government was a Nazi style? Then terror would reign.

Food for thought, huh?

Hey y'all,

OK, first off.. I know somebody wrote this, but I'm always behind in reading these threads... (I'm asleep while y'all write this stuff). The comment about the car-bombing.. uncalled for. This is prejudice, plain and simple. Way out of line.

Also, I've heard numerous people mention going back to the country she came... Did I miss something?? I thought she was an American born convert. Granted, I just skimmed the article.

As for the the computer chips and Big Brother... *SIGH*. No comment.

Your right, it was ignorant, I'm sorry you did not realize it was a joke, ignorant on your part too eh. Please see the :) face at the end of the statement. Also, just because I said she could have explosives in the car YOU quickly assumed she was classified as a terrorist too, didn't you? I did not mention religion nor did I mention she was a terrorist. Those were conclusions you drew. I have driven with explosives in my truck on a number of occasions, does that make me a terrorist too? By your judement it does. I think there is some ignorance on both are parts by the statements you made.

BTW, my buddy Amid from Saudi Arabia is the one that told me that joke. And if I have my facts straight he is muslim too.

And yes, we are looking at all christians too in respect to terrorism, we are looking at all potential terrorists. Can you tell me where I mentioned religion in my statement please.

If you feel that the joke should be removed, just say the word and I'll delete it. No hard feelings here.

If you would like to discuss it further you can call me at 630-434-0255 during the day.

Joe

Originally posted by killerb
gnx guy that was an ignorant statement you made. just because she is muslim does not mean she is involved in terrorism.are we looking at all christians after Tim Mc veih blew up that building and killed all those people?go after terrorism not religion.my sister is a muslim and she is far from a terrorist!

Originally posted by sr71gn
i agree with turbo ter- in a free country driving should be a right, as in the pursuit of happiness , not a privilege!!

but being were are all already controlled by big brother in this respect, this woman is no different and should also have her picture on her drivers license

Cannot and should not be a right.. YOU CANNOT REVOKE SOMEONES RIGHTS! You can revoke someones priviledges..

Example: Drunk driver just kills someone.. It is his right to drive...so it is ok for him to just keep on driving..?!?!?!

Well, put it this way. As technology increases so do lifestyles and crime fighting techniques. Back in the '70's we weren't attacked on our homeland by hostile enemies. I'm sure you've heard that "everything changes, nothing stays the same".

If we lived without adapting and changing to our environment we'd still own slaves, women wouldn't vote, we wouldn't drive cars and electricity would have never been invented. As I'm sure you know our federal Constitution was designed and built with change in mind. Our founding fathers would have designed it to be unalterable otherwise. Remember, it says "those rights not enumerated in this document are reserved to the states OR to the people" (I didn't look this up, it's from memory). When it says "states" it's referring to state government which is why I'm a huge advocate of states' rights (such as Florida's right to regulate a privilege such as drivers' licenses).

I am not opposed to changing as we progress. I am a big fan of technology, and look foward to what the future could bring. I just oppose monitoring by the federal government. I realize there is more of a threat of terror than, let's say, 30 years ago, but I am not gonna blow up anything (well, maybe an M-80 or two on the Fourth of July, but that's it), so I don't think I should be watched. Do you support fingerprinting on drivers licenses? Some states are gonna require it.

Florida License

I say shoot him. :)

Originally posted by killerb

That's a totally unfair comparisment. Tim in no way did it out of religeon. Osama did.