Don't Read UNLESS You Want to be Pissed Off

Do you think she should prevail in her lawsuit against Florida?

• Yes

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • No

Votes: 119 96.7%

• Total voters
What the article missed is: she only very recently converted to Islam! What "deep-rooted " religious beliefs?

With her prior criminal history, wearing a burkhah just saves time & the hassle of having to put on a ski-mask when it's hold-up time!

What a bogus con!

:) :eek: :eek: :)

Now she is suing the Florida State Department of Highway Safety for violating a Florida statute that says the government "shall not substantially burden a person's exercise of religion."

If you ask me, the government is not burdening her exercise of religion at all. The government is not MAKING her get her driver's license. She's the one burdening the state. This is absolute BS.

That pisses me off, what makes it worse is that I am a 9th grade Civics(U.S. Government) Teacher and I have to teach my students about the consititution. I don't want to start any long debates but the ladies whole case is a bunch of B.S., if she doesn't want to drive don't take the picture, who cares, just like GNX Guy wrote, "driving is a privledge not a right."

I know our consititution was designed to protect the people, but come on, I am sick of reading about dumb people out there being protected by the government. A good example of something that sounds ludicrous comes from something that happened locally. The city of Pittsburgh has been trying to get rid of the bum population under bridges, and what they were doing was just throwing out the bums crap when they would leave to go pan handling, well I guess some good old bums contacted the ACLU, and well now the City has to put of posters telling the bums when the have to be evicted, COME on.

Just venting, man did that piss me off.

Mike D.

TTA/1233:
I don't think I've seen a poll so lopsided!

Welcome to one of the most conservative BB's on the net just right of Rush Limbaugh's site. What did you expect???
Here is what I think about this. This person is trying to align herself as a victim of Fascism in the eyes of those who practice her religion. Driving is a privilage as already stated and if she chooses not to conform to the rules based on the fact that her belief dictates that she cannot show her face in a reasonable manner befitting of her likeness, then those truly concerned need to chip in and buy her a bus pass. That said please refrain from the name calling... thanks.

Geoff

Originally posted by GNX Guy
Sorry lady, driving is a privledge not a right. Exactlly, if you want to drive, remove the mask,if not, go back to your own country where women have absolutely no rights

Geoff you write well and summed it up eloquently. TurboTer is pretty radical, I wonder how he feels about this.

By the way (and I don't mean this negatively at all) but what's the difference between a niqab, birqua, veil, halloween mask or ski mask? They all do the exact same thing....disguise the wearer.

Well, yes and no. The Circuit Court trial for her lawsuit against the State of Florida is currently taking place. At least it's a bench trail so there won't be some liberal sympathetic jury to enact "judicial review" (rewrite the law via a jury verdict).

I bet she gets away with it... Her arse needs to walk.

Why does are country even entertain this aurgument? Were slippen here. This is just the start, how many here don't celebrate Christmas anymore at their place of work? I work for a large company and to be "sensitive" to others, we don't have Christmas parties nor can you display any symbols of Christmas.

Where and when will this crap stop?

:mad:

Oh boy...As someone extremely to the right, I'm in a tough position. On one hand, I have no respect for people of different cultures who try to impose on us. They should either become Americanized or go back to where they came from. On the other hand, I'm anti-government and don't think there should be laws forcing people to give their pictures (or fingerprints, as the future will demand) because they want to drive. So who do I side with? Sorry guys, I'm gonna side with the lady. Now don't get me wrong, I am not a liberal siding with her because of ethnic diversity. No way. I oppose her culture. She should take that stupid mask off and realize this is America. But giving a picture to the government so they should have it on file isn't right either. It should be a option. Driving is a right in a free country, not some privledge to the government if we do as mighty Big Brother says. For this sake, I hope she wins and forced picture licenses are thrown out. Then I hope she gets deported. :)

Originally posted by Rollin
TTA/1233:

Welcome to one of the most conservative BB's on the net just right of Rush Limbaugh's site. What did you expect???
Here is what I think about this. This person is trying to align herself as a victim of Fascism in the eyes of those who practice her religion. Driving is a privilage as already stated and if she chooses not to conform to the rules based on the fact that her belief dictates that she cannot show her face in a reasonable manner befitting of her likeness, then those truly concerned need to chip in and buy her a bus pass. That said please refrain from the name calling... thanks.

Geoff

Oh man, as our only liberal moderator, I thought for sure I'd have you agreeing with me. :(

Originally posted by TT/A1233
Geoff you write well and summed it up eloquently. TurboTer is pretty radical, I wonder how he feels about this.

Hehe, yup. :) Although I am in the minority by disagreeing, I do hear your points and you made them very well.