Don't Read UNLESS You Want to be Pissed Off

Do you think she should prevail in her lawsuit against Florida?

• Yes

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • No

Votes: 119 96.7%

• Total voters
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Islam one of those religions that doesn't let women do anything? let alone drive!! I thought women can't drive because they're not equal to men or something like that. So if she really had such deep rooted beliefs then she should know better and NOT drive!!!

Why does she need a license anyway, women in general can't drive :D

Cj

what do you guys think about the amish not having to get drafted to fight for our country?this is a bigger issue than a drivers licence.nobody talks about that.come on guys, is it because she is a muslim?

i agree with turbo ter- in a free country driving should be a right, as in the pursuit of happiness , not a privilege!!

but being were are all already controlled by big brother in this respect, this woman is no different and should also have her picture on her drivers license

I think the main issue here is being missed. The purpose of the license picture is to provide identification to an officer or other motorist in the event of an accident or being pulled over. How can you ID someone covered in a black table cloth? What is to prevent anyone in her family from covering themselves too and just using her ID. If she wins this, and she will, I may start my own religion that prevents me having to pay taxes, go to work, have any kind of responsibility in life, and require the government to support me in my religous beliefs.

I think the Consitution gets abused. When the Constitution was written I think it was written to prevent people from being beat up or killed because of their religous beliefs. I don't think it was written so some lady could have her face covered in her license picture. It is complete idiocy.

I just got my license renewed a few days ago, and the fingerprint is optional until November, when it becomes mandatory here. I'm totally against that, but for me the picture debate is a no brainer. Take it off, or dont drive...period, end of discussion. The fact that this matter is taking up the time and resources of our judicial system, is a testament to how "politically correct" our society has become. Your hard earned tax dollars at work people!

Take off the mask, and have the pic taken, when you get it in the mail, get a peice of electrical tape and cover your face!!!

Originally posted by sr71gn
i agree with turbo ter- in a free country driving should be a right, as in the pursuit of happiness , not a privilege!!

but being were are all already controlled by big brother in this respect, this woman is no different and should also have her picture on her drivers license

I agree that since we are all under Big Brother's Iron Fisted control, so too should this lady. But perhaps a Judge (or even Justice if it gets that far) will knock out the law alltogether making putting your pic on a license optional.

Originally posted by turboscott
I think the main issue here is being missed. The purpose of the license picture is to provide identification to an officer or other motorist in the event of an accident or being pulled over. How can you ID someone covered in a black table cloth? What is to prevent anyone in her family from covering themselves too and just using her ID. If she wins this, and she will, I may start my own religion that prevents me having to pay taxes, go to work, have any kind of responsibility in life, and require the government to support me in my religous beliefs.

I dunno how they do it in Florida, but in my state (NY), I remember putting your pic on your license was optional only like 15 years ago or so. The world did not stop when we had the choice. Personally, I'd keep my pic on, because it's good ID to get into clubs and all, but that's just me.

.02 worth

1. The truth of the matter is, she's so damn ugly, that if she did take the tablecloth off, she'd be arrested for an act of terror in the DMV office!!!

2. Come to think of it, I don't recall any of the founding fathers wearing a tablecloth when the constitution was written.

3. Maybe this isn't even a woman...:eek: :eek:

4. WHO CARES???

Originally posted by striker_29
I just got my license renewed a few days ago, and the fingerprint is optional until November, when it becomes mandatory here. I'm totally against that, but for me the picture debate is a no brainer. Take it off, or dont drive...period, end of discussion. The fact that this matter is taking up the time and resources of our judicial system, is a testament to how "politically correct" our society has become. Your hard earned tax dollars at work people!

Oh my God, and I was being sarcastic! If that becomes law here in NY, I will be forced to stop driving, because I will NEVER give my fingerprints to the state or federal government unless I get arrested and I have no other choice. No innocent person should ever have to be put through mandatory fingerprinting.

As for you being for mandatory pics on licenses, I see your point, as it's not a big deal, but it's like gun-control. They don't start by banning guns, they gradually do it. First it was pics on licenses. Now it's fingerprints on them. Tomorrow will we be implanted with tiny chips from birth? That's up to us to decide.

BTW, all this talk makes me think how I can't want for my message board and domain name to be ready (should be by next week). It'll be general, but the political talk will be very heavy.

TurboTer,

I am not sure if you misunderstood my post or not. I am not saying we should have the pics on there. I am saying the purpose of the pic is for ID purposes, just like you say, to be able to get into clubs and stuff. If she is allowed to cover up her face then there might as well be no pic on the license cuz you can't tell who the person is anyway. So, if FL does require a pic on the license it is my feeling you should actually be able to see the person.

We all cherish our FREEDOM to worship whomever or whatever we like, or worship nothing at all. That is one of the MANY things that makes us great. And I think nobody is violating her freedom of religion here or just picking on her.

The whole point of having the photograph is for ID purposes, nothing else.

Out of the thousands of Muslims here in the US, which apparantly comply with the laws concerning driver's licenses, this recently converted woman decides to put up a fuss. There is more to this story than we are reading. I think she has ulterior motives.

She is probably just looking for some extra money, IMO. Remember what country we are in. LOL where people get rewarded for their own mistakes and inability to take personal responsibility.

These are SIMPLE rules, so comply or walk!

Originally posted by TurboTer
I agree that since we are all under Big Brother's Iron Fisted control, so too should this lady. But perhaps a Judge (or even Justice if it gets that far) will knock out the law alltogether making putting your pic on a license optional.
Lets suppose no one has a photo on their license. How is someone (cop, other motorist involved in accident) supposed to identify you? Lets say person A has NO driver's training and borrows person B's license...no photo remember, there's no accountability. Lets say person X is involved in a major accident and is unconcious or dead. Identification please.....oh, no picture....hmmmm, lets guess who they are.

Originally posted by TurboTer

I don't understand your politics. In another post I remember you saying that the USA needs to be run by a 'right-wing dictatorship'. Which IMO, is no good for anyone, even your typical Republican. Didn't the USA just topple a dictatorship?

However, in your post above, it says quite the contrary.

No flames intended man, just wondering... :)

Just a note ,In their country ,they must take the cover off for there license.It is manditory there.Also for the religion part ,it is up to their discression on if to cover up(just their hair or their whole head).All I want to say,you leave a country for another ,you should accept the rule and reg. when you enter!

Originally posted by TT/A1233
Lets suppose no one has a photo on their license. How is someone (cop, other motorist involved in accident) supposed to identify you? Lets say person A has NO driver's training and borrows person B's license...no photo remember, there's no accountability. Lets say person X is involved in a major accident and is unconcious or dead. Identification please.....oh, no picture....hmmmm, lets guess who they are.

I see what you're saying, but what about before pictures were mandatory? What did you cops do in the 70's before they required pics? Honestly, I somewhat agree with you. I don't have a problem with picture licenses, but it must never go any further (fingerprints, DNA, etc.).

good one Mike! LOLOL.. Either play by the rules or don't drive. Its that simple.

Originally posted by arista5
Take off the mask, and have the pic taken, when you get it in the mail, get a peice of electrical tape and cover your face!!!

If this IS true. Whats her beef? If she don't like it send her back to 'her' country and get a license there.

Originally posted by Big Mike
Just a note ,In their country ,they must take the cover off for there license.It is manditory there.Also for the religion part ,it is up to their discression on if to cover up(just their hair or their whole head).All I want to say,you leave a country for another ,you should accept the rule and reg. when you enter!

Originally posted by metal-box
I don't understand your politics. In another post I remember you saying that the USA needs to be run by a 'right-wing dictatorship'. Which IMO, is no good for anyone, even your typical Republican. Didn't the USA just topple a dictatorship?

However, in your post above, it says quite the contrary.

No flames intended man, just wondering... :)

No flames taken, and I miss your old avitar. :) I said sarcasticly I'd like to see a right-wing dictatorship to change things, because things will never ever change with a President and Congress (even though they are all Republican). What we have now is far from the right-wing dictatorship I talked about. Also, I am very far to the right. And people very far to the right turn, and agree with liberals on certain things, such as civil liberties (wiretaping laws), being against a police state, being against the war in Iraq (although I broke with my right-wing friends and supported the war), etc. I have pretty much the same positions as Pat Buchanan. In my view, he would make a perfect President. If you want to know all my stances, click the link below. :)

http://members.tripod.com/~knights_realm/politics.html