Does anyone recognize my car?

GN Junkie

Hey everybody!

Super excited to rejoin the turbo buick community, I'm the proud new owner of a 87 limited T package car. It has 56k original miles and from what I can tell is a very clean car. Problem is the car has quite a few modifications to it and the previous owner couldn't give me much information as he did not participate in the build. I know the buick community is pretty tight so I'm hoping someone recognizes the car and could possibly help out as far as identifying the mods maybe who did the build.

I've been told it is a stroker with champion heads, precision front mount, turbo, and waste gate. It has a fast ecu with 92lb injectors. It also has meth injection.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks guys!

here's some phots
5ubu5abe.jpg
umydabug.jpg
geze3yvu.jpg
beruve7y.jpg
eqygygyr.jpg
me4avuty.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet ride. Would love to help you figure it out. I'm sure there is some local help if you can't track down the builder.

Great looking car. Looks like it was built to go 9's.
Congrats.

Mike Barnard

Take the title down to the dmv and get a past owner history and start making calls

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

You could always take to it Lou in lake Forest, or I'm sure one of the guru's in SD would be happy to look at the car, and give you a better idea of what you have.

Dual fed Champion fuel rails.....someone built it for speed.

What did you get the car for?

Thanks for the compliments guys! I picked the car up for $12,500 it had a leaky rear end and a lot of oil underneath. I already had the bearings and seals replaced in the rear, I need to get the engine cleaned up underneath to see what's going on. I'm the least mechanically inclined guy you'll meet so I definitely need some help/advice.

My first car was a GN when I was 16 so needless to say I'm very pumped to be back in a TR! This car is pretty serious so I'm trying to learn more about it, the last thing I wanna do is break or misuse this beast. For now I guess make sure the meth res. is full right? It's set up on a 20 psi tune right now.

Anyone venture a guess on the turbo? I'll take some more detailed pics

From what I can see:

QA1 shocks in rear
Champion Fuel Rails
Champion Intake
70mm TB?

Look on the Alky pump, that should tell you who made it.

Has this car been in SoCal for it's life? If not, how long?

Have you checked the tune before you beat on it?

Nice car! I don't think I recognize it but since it's a Limited Ralph will have to own it. ;) Maybe you should get in touch with Sod at Hye Tech and see if he knows anything about it.

Neal

The car is originally from Connecticut, supposedly it was originally owned by a car collector before some freak (like you guys ;)got ahold of it and made it what it is now. Legend has it the car has been into the 9s with a different turbo, who knows.

I have not been able to get the tune checked at this point I'm trusting the previous owners word that the tune is good (not the smartest thing I know) he did daily drive the car for the last year. 90% sure the alky is working properly, the system has a test button what is the proper way to check it? Also how do I prime the system is that something that has to be done every time I drive the car?

Neal I believe you were friendly with my dad years ago. English guy Tony with a black GN around 2004 or so I remember you were really nice and helped us a a lot, had a burgundy T right? I think we went out to chills for lunch once.

is that something that has to be done every time I drive the car?

Yes sir. :eek::eek::eek: You are going to blow your shi!t up man! You need to learn about this car and verify everything is where in needs to be before you start going nuts. The seller said the tune was good....but he also didn't tell you about priming the pump. You need to hit that test button any time you are boosting over about 17 lbs, give or take, depending on the tune. You hit the button until you get an engine stumble, or your O2's jump. Don't join the DOTC club. It sucks.

Yes sir. :eek::eek::eek: You are going to blow your shi!t up man! You need to learn about this car and verify everything is where in needs to be before you start going nuts. The seller said the tune was good....but he also didn't tell you about priming the pump. You need to hit that test button any time you are boosting over about 17 lbs, give or take, depending on the tune. You hit the button until you get an engine stumble, or your O2's jump. Don't join the DOTC club. It sucks.

U sure do seem to kno alot about alky for a E85 type of guy. :)

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

For the price of that car - it sure does have a lot of higher end go fast parts on it.
Someone lost some money over the course of time.
Don't we all though.
Nice to buy someone else's hard work and expense for dimes on the dollar though!