CPT 66 Turbo???

Kings I thought you were against nitrous for Turbo Buicks?? Also did you mean a 50 shot with my 3000 stall with the TE-44 or did you mean the 66 Turbo with the 3200 converter???

look on your other thread im tellin ya to flog it.3000 with the 66

A 3500 LU converter might be alot more street friendly for a daily driver then a NL.What 3500 LU converter do you have??

My car has a 10 inch convertor from Pat's Performance. It stalls to about 25-2600 rpm at 0 lbs boost(higher rpms at higher boost of course). I would think you could go with the 3200 stall and be just fine, but I'd suggest making the switch to a 10 or 9 inch convertor.

Yeah Alky is the next thing on my list.I haven't even gotten my 44 tuned in yet with these 009 injector's.I wonder if the TT chip can really solve the rich running 009's especially down low.:cool:

I am quite sure that Eric can taylor a chip for you but you will still need to tune it yourself for optimal performance. For what its worth, my old 009's ran rich as well, they are not very friendly. If you can afford it I would step up to the Mototron 60's, I hear alot of good comments on them concerning idle quality. I run 72's on the street and still manage 21 mpg(when I can keep my foot out-of-it ) and idle quality is good with 45psi and does not run rich.

Bryan

I am quite sure that Eric can taylor a chip for you but you will still need to tune it yourself for optimal performance. For what its worth, my old 009's ran rich as well, they are not very friendly. If you can afford it I would step up to the Mototron 60's, I hear alot of good comments on them concerning idle quality. I run 72's on the street and still manage 21 mpg(when I can keep my foot out-of-it ) and idle quality is good with 45psi and does not run rich.

Bryan

I don't know to go to the Mototron 60's or try Eric's chip.I just got a bad feeling about these 009 injectors.Im sure Eric makes a good chip but alot of other guys before him also made good 009 chips and I never hear about them anymore.If I stay this year with the 44 then the 60's would be a good bet.What happenened to the old MSD 55's??? Man Ive been away from the Buick scene to long.

Anybody here use the 66BB on a stock motor? I was thinking of upgrading from my 63E. Which works great. But the BB66 will spool faster. I know the car will not run any faster more than likely with the stock motor set up. I just didn't want to lose anything going to the 66.

I would get injectors either way. Buy injectors, alky, and a chip taylored for your combo. Make sure you know what your goal is in the long run so that you don't have to buy injectors twice. That is why I have 83s and not 72s, just incase I decide to go a little bigger ;). Jack can help with everything. I would call and chat just to figure out if you even need a new turbo for your goals!!

Anybody here use the 66BB on a stock motor? I was thinking of upgrading from my 63E. Which works great. But the BB66 will spool faster. I know the car will not run any faster more than likely with the stock motor set up. I just didn't want to lose anything going to the 66.

I have CNC Ported Race Cylinder Heads with matching ported intake,Front Mount Intercooler,stock block (cam).I know I would need injectors,new converter.Also with bigger Turbo's the tuning is a real issue compared to the smaller Turbo's.I don't know how factual that is but thats what most guys say.Also I don't see many timeslips in the quater mile posted with the 66 or 67 Turbo's.Also there was a thread to me about a Turbo coming out soon similar to a 35R or something made by Precision.I don't remember and its probably not a 35 R but I wrote it down but lost the paper.I heard it spools quicker then the 66 but I don't know the exact part #.Maybe this Turbo will be even more popular then the CPT 66 but thats a maybe and I don't know what it costs when it comes out.You just eventually would need better heads and cam to get the full potential out of a big Turbo like that.Personally I never liked going to big on a Cam on a Turbo car and it really doesn't require a real big Cam.Im sure if I put the CPT-66 on my car I would like it but probably with 26 Inch tall tires with my 3:73 Gear's.My D5 stall of 3000 won't be enough to spool that Turbo,even the BB kind.It wouldn't launch like the TE-44 but with a 3400 LU or NLU somebody should know.:cool:

I know how some guys feel.I went through 3 Turbo's before I finally liked one(TE-44).I think the best way to go about this is to go to the track on Buick night if you have a track near you and meet people who have this or a similar Turbo.It certainly would put you in a direction that you won't have 2nd thoughts about.Talking about 2nd thoughts I am having more then that right now.Right now my Turbo Regal is my Daily Driver because my original Daily Driver was totalled a month ago.Its fun to drive but nobody better hit me in the Turbo Regal.;)

I know guys that put the 67DBB on stock motors and it works well. I am just aprehensive because my car flies with the 63E. It runs great. Kind of like if "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." lol The 66 will spool better I think. I am not expecting any gains. I just do not want to lose what I already have. :p

I know guys that put the 67DBB on stock motors and it works well. I am just aprehensive because my car flies with the 63E. It runs great. Kind of like if "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." lol The 66 will spool better I think. I am not expecting any gains. I just do not want to lose what I already have. :p

11.09 is quite a ride.I like the line about if it aint broke don't fix it.This is like me comparing my 402 Big Block Camaro with the 150 HP Nitrous jets.I only used the Nitrous in 3rd and 4th gear's and the tire's didn't even break loose.Everything was a blur after hitting that button:eek: .I had 200-250-300 HP jets but man that was plenty enough of power.You just need injector's but alot of guys would kill for a 11.09 timeslip.Thats fast.:cool:

You are fast enough, leave it alone until your turbo starts smoking or something breaks. Yours is running well. :eek:

It is starting to smoke. :p It is not bad. I was going to pull it off this year anyway. So this turbo sale pushed me over the edge. :cool: I just ordered the 66BB P-trim from Jack.

Getting into the 10's will probably rout a transmission possibly.If your a good tuner then why not get the 66 but for a novice or beginner like me lets just say Kaboom if I started fooling around with different Turbo's.I had my Buick for a while but never paid attention to tuning that much because every time I tried I got no results.Maybe that RJC valve will help me light up the tires on the 44.If it does then Im going for the 66 next.I also don't want to break something and even with a 44 it can be done with a bad tune.I only blew 1 motor in my life and that was in my 69 Camaro.I went to far beyond 7000 RPM on the Big Block.I thought my MSD 6AL hada 6500 limiter pill in it.When I looked to check it out, it was missing or fell out.:rolleyes: The rod bearings went.You could stay with the 63 and add a 50 shot of nitrous with a small fuel cell in the trunk with race gas.I may do this when my 44 is in tip top tune.:cool:

I think you are making a bigger deal out of the tuning than you need to. Adjust fuel pressure watching the O2, and boost pressure watching the retard (knock). I can tell you that the right chip will make all the difference in the world. I had a street chip in mine, and it takes all the timing away at 85 or so. I didn't realize that until I talked to Razor and Eric. I really think if I were you, I would just talk to Eric and get a chip instead of even contimplating a turbo. You may be pleasantly surprised!! Just food for though, and cheap food at that.

Yeah the chip is the first thing I am going to look in to with TT.I think I just need more timing.I noticed yesterday when I turned the fuel pressure down to 42 with the line off at idle it stumbled a bit.I moved it back up to 43.Better to run rich then way to lean.I got to go out and see what the 02 volts are in the next day or 2.

I wouldn't think you would notice that much of a difference at or off idle with 1#, usually the difference will be top end. I think the computer adjusts injector spray down low, also I have been told scanmaster isn't going to read proper O2 until WOT and number is pretty much irrelevant until the top of 2nd or 3rd gear unless something is way F'ed. But once again, I am not a mechanic, and just speaking from my experience.

I wouldn't think you would notice that much of a difference at or off idle with 1#, usually the difference will be top end. I think the computer adjusts injector spray down low, also I have been told scanmaster isn't going to read proper O2 until WOT and number is pretty much irrelevant until the top of 2nd or 3rd gear unless something is way F'ed. But once again, I am not a mechanic, and just speaking from my experience.

Yeah your right the Scanmaster registered my 02 volts right at the top of 2nd or somewhere in 3rd gear.I know it registered 02 volts under about 80mph.Im thinking why even try because I have ran the car before at 43lbs 3years ago with the line off and got around 850 02 volts and 0 knock.There's no reason why it would change unless I drop fuel pressure 1lb at a time.I don't know if I like the idea of dropping fuel pressure when it seems like everyone runs at 43lbs with the line off.Maybe my 02 sensor is bad.I heard that is very common in these cars.

I wouldn't be concerned with the fuel pressure#, 99% of the gauges are P.O.S. and should only be used for your personal reference. If you are, have you had your injectors flow tested lately?I would turn adjustment out a 1/4 turn at a time and not even worry about pulling off vac. line etc. My car ran best at about 780. You are leaving a whole bunch on the table!!

I wouldn't be concerned with the fuel pressure#, 99% of the gauges are P.O.S. and should only be used for your personal reference. If you are, have you had your injectors flow tested lately?I would turn adjustment out a 1/4 turn at a time and not even worry about pulling off vac. line etc. My car ran best at about 780. You are leaving a whole bunch on the table!!

I don't know if its the 009 injector's I have but they have a bad reputation.Might move up to 60's since no one complains about them.I just wonder after all these years TT just came out and designed a perfect chip for the 009's.I think my car has a somewhat rough idle also.May account for lag in first gear without footbraking.My car still runs good but I think it should spool somewhat like a stocker but maybe Im wrong.:cool: