CPT 66 Turbo???

ReaL99

This is a Turbo that alot of guys like and say the spooling is great.Im not sure with what kind of converter but this Turbo might replace my TE-44.I don't know how it accelerates from a stop.Anyone have this turbo and reccommend it for a pure street driven car???

i have this turbo in the non ball bearing configuration and i like it. i have a 3400 stall but if you dont spool up or use nitrous its got some lag just punching the throttle and going.now that i think of it i shouldve went bigger.......

i have this turbo in the non ball bearing configuration and i like it. i have a 3400 stall but if you dont spool up or use nitrous its got some lag just punching the throttle and going.now that i think of it i shouldve went bigger.......

Im trying to find a Turbo with the best of both worlds.The TE-44 is a street terror while the CPT 66 is a track terror.I don't know if I want to go over 3400 stall converter for a car that only see's the street.There's alot of newer Technology Turbo's out there but if no difference is felt at 18 lbs of boost it probably would be a waste in my case.:cool:

I have it, and it spools just as good as the 44 i had on it. Great street manners. I got BB66, with .85

I have it, and it spools just as good as the 44 i had on it. Great street manners. I got BB66, with .85

It seems every boby has different opinions on this Turbo.Maybe its all in the tune.The TE-44 is tried and tested.I just like the power down low and up high.Maybe because you have the BB one is why it spools better.A 3000 stall seems low for that size Turbo.I have to run a L/U converter for the street.Is yours a N/L converter??

BB is the difference for quicker spool, talk to the pros!! Call Jack or any of the other reputable vendors and talk to them. I have a 3000-3200 stall and have no issues. A small amount of lag, but spools really quick. For a street car, get a lock up, my converter is non-lock. Advantage of the Turbonetics is that there is no need to run water through them. THere are fittings, but not needed for 66. I just don't like to chance mixxing oil and water if there is a bearing failure. Just my .02

BB is the difference for quicker spool, talk to the pros!! Call Jack or any of the other reputable vendors and talk to them. I have a 3000-3200 stall and have no issues. A small amount of lag, but spools really quick. For a street car, get a lock up, my converter is non-lock. Advantage of the Turbonetics is that there is no need to run water through them. THere are fittings, but not needed for 66. I just don't like to chance mixxing oil and water if there is a bearing failure. Just my .02

It does seem like when going with a bigger Turbo it becomes harder to tune.There is a big difference between a L/U converter and a Non L/U converter.I guess you have some tuning issues right now with the 11.9's for that size Turbo.Im just wondering if I should just keep my TE-44 and get the most out of it to its fullest potential.I know I have not reached it.It needs a chip and is running rich. 850 02's

Well i have a 3000 stall L/U, this turbo is great. Still tunning the car, so i cant give best ET yet.

I think the tuning issue is with the injectors. I am VERY new to FAST, the 11.90 is with very conservative tune and bad oil rihg in #6. I just re-ringed and installed FMIC, I am waiting to get a chance to start tuning. Jack said to Email him logs and he will make corrections for me to download. I met him at Cecil county and broke my trans. I have been told that I should be mid to low 10s with comco after I get FAST dialed in. The TT chip I had with the 52 I had before ran about the same as I do now, but I am falling on my face at 3/4 track right now and should have 28" tires

I think the tuning issue is with the injectors. I am VERY new to FAST, the 11.90 is with very conservative tune and bad oil rihg in #6. I just re-ringed and installed FMIC, I am waiting to get a chance to start tuning. Jack said to Email him logs and he will make corrections for me to download. I met him at Cecil county and broke my trans. I have been told that I should be mid to low 10s with comco after I get FAST dialed in. The TT chip I had with the 52 I had before ran about the same as I do now, but I am falling on my face at 3/4 track right now and should have 28" tires

Mr A!!! is that you.. where you been, give me a call at the shop when you can ... As for the 66BB turbo, it's my favorite turbo,, street or strip, with good heads and convertor.. actually I am having a crazy deal as I type this... $995.00 for that turbo till I run out of current stock.... :eek:

Well i have a 3000 stall L/U, this turbo is great. Still tunning the car, so i cant give best ET yet.

It just seems like everyone has tuning issues with there 66.Is this a case of the bigger the Turbo the harder the tune.I had a old tech 60-1 that was a dog with the stock restalled 3000 12 inch D5 converter.That thing spooled slow as hell and couldn't launch like my TE-44.Is there really a measurable pick up in performance between the TE-44 and CPT-66 at 18lbs boost:confused: It seems to me even with the new tech Turbo's the only benefit is when Boost is cranked up to 20 plus.Im not worrying about what timeslip my car puts in at a track.Just would like the strongest Turbo at 18lbs Boost.:cool:

Hey Jack!! Don't you have a 1 year low guarantee price deal on turbos??? ;) Hope all is well, I just put in vacuum brake conversion, bought a FMIC off the board, and dredded Ebay headers. It's hard operating low budget this year!! When I get it together, I will be in touch.
Later
Rich

Mr A!!! is that you.. where you been, give me a call at the shop when you can ... As for the 66BB turbo, it's my favorite turbo,, street or strip, with good heads and convertor.. actually I am having a crazy deal as I type this... $995.00 for that turbo till I run out of current stock.... :eek:

Is that with the new F1 wheel and 4" intel and 2.5 outlet?

Isn't the recommended stall converter from 3200-3400(3400 especially) a bit to much on a car that will rarely hit the track though??? Im assuming its meaning a Lock Up of course.It may be a great street strip Turbo.Just wondering will it give me more at 18 Lbs Boost then my TE-44 at the same levels:confused:

I've got one of Jack's CPT 61s (p-trim, .63 AR, ball bearing)...this thing spools faster than my journal bearing TE44 on my pat's 3200 LU converter. It makes for large smiles across one's face.

I've got this turbo (ball bearing, .63a/r, 3200 vigilante multidisc) It spools pretty quick even going through a dutt. neck stock intercooler (getting ready to put a big stock location on). I can build 3-4#'s boost on the street with factory tires. On the track with a good tire I'm sure it would build at least 10#s on the foot brake. I think it would spool up even better with a bigger intercooler. It's not going to spool quite as quick as a 44, but with the right setup it really isn't an issue, and on street tires it would be hard to hook if you boost launch a 66 anyway. I don't see why anyone would have tuning issues with this turbo :confused: I got a turbo tweak chip and razors alky injection and running 22#s boost with virtually no adjustments needed at all to the alcohol kit or the chip.

I've got this turbo (ball bearing, .63a/r, 3200 vigilante multidisc) It spools pretty quick even going through a dutt. neck stock intercooler (getting ready to put a big stock location on). I can build 3-4#'s boost on the street with factory tires. On the track with a good tire I'm sure it would build at least 10#s on the foot brake. I think it would spool up even better with a bigger intercooler. It's not going to spool quite as quick as a 44, but with the right setup it really isn't an issue, and on street tires it would be hard to hook if you boost launch a 66 anyway. I don't see why anyone would have tuning issues with this turbo :confused: I got a turbo tweak chip and razors alky injection and running 22#s boost with virtually no adjustments needed at all to the alcohol kit or the chip.

I have heard of the 61 being an excellent Turbo but at 18 lbs of boost would that in any way be an upgrade for the street at 18lbs of Boost??

I loved the 44, PTE exhaust, on the street (with 55 lb and a turbo tweak chip). I went to the 66 (with no other changes) and could not spin a tire. Then I went to the NL 3400 convertor and then to the FAST XFI. Now 1st and 2nd are gone so fast you better be paying attention or you'll run over everything in front of you. It does have a 3.73 rear but 28" tires.

With the CPT 66 and a 3400 converter isn't that converter going to affect streetability:confused: I know its Jack's favorite street strip Turbo so it must kick ass.

I loved the 44, PTE exhaust, on the street (with 55 lb and a turbo tweak chip). I went to the 66 (with no other changes) and could not spin a tire. Then I went to the NL 3400 convertor and then to the FAST XFI. Now 1st and 2nd are gone so fast you better be paying attention or you'll run over everything in front of you. It does have a 3.73 rear but 28" tires.

Yeah but a Non Lock on the street:confused: How badly does that affect the way the car drives and the gas mileage:confused: