Chicago Area PEOPLES CHAMP?!?!?!?!?!?!?

turbocliff

I Slang in my white T
Ok, so Brer Rabbit posted that a Trophy for the people's champ will be commissioned. I believe that the RULES of the trophy should be as follows:

The trophy has to start with someone... I assume Brer Rabbit if he is commissioning it's construction. Once he recieves it, he shall Initial and Date the bottom of it to track its History.

In order for someone else to obtain this trophy, they will have to challange the trophy holder. The ONLY requirement that the cars involved must meet is that they are BUICK bodied and BUICK V6 powered. Thats it. Once challanged, it is up to the trophy holder to select the location for the race. Could be street or track. All races will be heads up via flag, street light, or track lights. Should a challanger or trophy holder select to give the oponent car lengths in order to even the playing field (Or to make a point ;) ) that would be at their own disgression, but not required.

Should the trophy holder win the race, they would keep the trophy, and if they loose...then the winner is presented the trophy and would date and initial. It would be then up to anyone else to challange the trophy holder.

The trophy holder may not be challanged by the same individual who they took the trophy from unless the trophy has been defended by this person a minimumof 3 times without giving it up. Only then may the previous trophy holder challange the current defender.

This PEOPLE'S CHAMP TROPHY is for the Chicago Area Buick guys only. You know who you are!

Let me know if the above covers it pretty well, or if there should be additional guidelines.

I guess all the radiation from the Cell Towers finally made you into a mad man. Oh wait you were crazy even when I met you back in the days.

This should be fun. I will nominate Mr. Finch as one of the candidates.

Prasad

I think that just about covers it.

Now that I think about it we may need an everyday drivers trophy too, because the 96 Saturn consistently stomps Surej's Honda (he calls it the Anahonda). Getting back to the business at hand, I like the 3 person minimum challenge rule. That stays for sure. (I wish I had thought of that). Im thinking of having the trophy place put one of those good sized die cast GNs on the top of the trophy!:cool:

This PEOPLE'S CHAMP TROPHY is for the Chicago Area Buick guys only

The Widely Accepted and Reigning "Peoples Champ" in the state of Illinois

Which is it....?

Good point...

This PEOPLE'S CHAMP TROPHY is for the Chicago Area Buick guys only

Which is it....?

My sig was self-proclaimed as I'm sure all would agree. It was also written before consultation with the contenders or as some would call the pretenders. Anyway, If U are in driving distance of Chicago, I would think that qualifies as Chicago area. Now if U want to do a seperate regional trophy for guys a lil closer to U, I would warn that I may have to drive down and challenge ur Champ to U an unify the title! :D

to qualify as a peoples champ contender,

1. you must have made at least one sub 11.0 pass.

2. must be able to drive to the track.

3. must be over 3200 lbs

4. The reigning champ can decide if he is going to defend the title at the track or on the street.

COME AND GET IT!

to qualify as a peoples champ contender,

1. you must have made at least one sub 11.0 pass.

2. must be able to drive to the track.

3. must be over 3200 lbs

4. The reigning champ can decide if he is going to defend the title at the track or on the street.

COME AND GET IT!

For rule #2 instead of track it should say "WAR location"...in case its on the street. :cool:

Rule #1 just eliminated most of the contenders! lol

Now to kick it off.... who is the Title / Trophy going to start with?

I'm ready to label my Diecast GN on my desk PEOPLES CHAMP!

Trophy update...

Shockingly I know a guy that knows a guy that set me up with Awards International and Chicago Trophy Inc. I discussed a 4ft. trophy with multiple tiers. Its going to be in the $100-$200 range. He's going to send out a catalog to my house at which point I will finalize the design and have it made. he said it will take only a day to do it! I figured a 4 ft. trophy is just tall enough to sit on my passenger seat as I drive around from challenge to challenge. Any thoughts?

I had thought maybe a little 8-12" tall one.. that way I can mount it on the rear speaker shelf of the white T with lettering on the glass and an arrow pointing at it that reads "Dr. Boost aint touchin this" :D

I know the 11.0 pass is out of the question and my car is no where near fast enough to challenge 99% of the guys who will be in contention, so-o-o-o...I will anoint myself the Peoples Drunk and challenge anyone to an Indiana Jones style challenge with the minimum requirements as follows....

1. you must have the capacity to drink at least 11 shots in a row of at least 80 proof booze.

2. you have a designated driver or alternate form of transportation.

3. must be over 200lbs (cause there is no way you little guys will stand a chance)

4. The reigning champ decides which bar, pub, backyard party, festival or basement this will go down.

COME GET IT! :biggrin:

p.s. if you don't get the Indiana Jones reference you're not old enough and don't qualify.

Since this all started out about being a nice guy...
We should be nice and let Dr. Boost start out with the trophy. He's gonna loose it immediately anyways... and never touch it again.

At least this way he can say he's a "has been"......

I know the 11.0 pass is out of the question and my car is no where near fast enough to challenge 99% of the guys who will be in contention, so-o-o-o...I will anoint myself the Peoples Drunk and challenge anyone to an Indiana Jones style challenge with the minimum requirements as follows....

1. you must have the capacity to drink at least 11 shots in a row of at least 80 proof booze.

2. you have a designated driver or alternate form of transportation.

3. must be over 200lbs (cause there is no way you little guys will stand a chance)

4. The reigning champ decides which bar, pub, backyard party, festival or basement this will go down.

COME GET IT! :biggrin:

p.s. if you don't get the Indiana Jones reference you're not old enough and don't qualify.

since i cant meet the weight requirements...im going to have to team up with Scot4dmny on this one. we will stand on the scales together

1. since scott doesnt drink( he tends to moisten his undergarments due to a small bladder) i will drink those 11 shots myself.

2. i dont need no damn designated driver, ill drive brer rabbits t-type straight to wisconsin dells where i will drink another 11 shots .

INDIANA JONES AINT GOT NOTHING ON ME! MEET THE REAL INDIAN JONES!

i think i need to go back to the AA meetings. everytime i try to go clean you guys force me to drink.