Car doesn't start! No spark! Need help!

buicktom61

What I did:

Engine was rebuild two month ago. I put everything back in place. Car has digital dash. After I installed an oil pressure, water temp , boost gage and tachometer, I tried to start the engine the first time yesterday. Ignition on and the fuel pump ran. Okay. SES light is on with one small interuption. Heard this is okay. Cam sensor was positioned with caspers cam positioning tool. All connectors are on their places.

Engine cranks but doesn't start.
Pulled all injector connectors. Check with test light but, light doesn't flicker. Lights steady. Checked ground connection for ECM, ESC and Ignition module. Everything fine. Positive voltage on ESC, ECM and Ignition module are good. All fuses are good. Checked for spark. Nothing. No sparks! Checked voltage on Cam sensor and Crank sensor connector. Have on all 5 Volt. 1 Volt less than described on shop manual, but this may happen because of low voltage after several starting trials.

During my starting trials, maybe 30, the engine started two times for a second and stops again.

Before rebuilding the engine started and runs good.

Any idea what failure it is? Ignition switch? Ignition module? Can't believe that because the previous owner put a new module in the car two years ago. What's about the crank sensor?
Hope someone can help.

Greetings from Germany

Thomas

the no start troubleshooting guide on Vortex Buick site is excellent. Take a look it may give you an idea.

Engine cranks but doesn't start.
Pulled all injector connectors. Check with test light but, light doesn't flicker. Lights steady.

How did you test this with a test light? Across the terminals or from one terminal to ground.

The ECM activates an injector by grounding it so there is one injector terminal that is constant 12V with the key on.

I tested the terminals to ground. Will check across today. After several trials the plugs were wet of fuel. Think fuel side will work, but got no sparks on plugs.
Thomas

Ecm wire plugged in ? Crank sensor set? Cam sensor set?

There are 2 slots in the crank sensor. Is the interuptor ring passing through the right slot?

Went through the troubleshooting list from Vortex today. Fuel side is working. Impulse on fuel injectors is there. Measured voltage on cam sensor and crank sensor connectors. On both I have 12V on one pin (pin A if I remember right), but on pin C I have only, 4.95 V. But it should be between 6 to 9V. Crank and cam sensor are settled on their right position.
Looks like my ignition module is shot. But why? Is it because I used the green connector near the brake cylinder for the new tachometer?
Thomas