Can You Say Big Turbo..............

I dont know. I bought it from stainless works.com they build headers for living not really sure its what they recommended. i know it cost me $700.00 bones.

yeah looks like the 304 i got from them too.

321 would have costed you like 1800 or so and would be a different color.

that will work fine for ya, i have their exact stuff on my single turbo camaro.

Looks awesome :)

Yeah well here's my new turbo.:D
bigcompwheel.jpg

In Progress...........SINGLE S595 SUPPORTS @ 38LBS 2000 HP THEY GIVE ME FOR MOCK UP JUST A EMPTY TURBO MY NEW ONE WILL BE HERE THIS NEXT WEEK POLISHED AND I ORDER A PAIR OF 44MM TIAL GATES AND PAIR OF BLOW OFF VALVES SPD FLANGES STAINLESS 321 TUBING A PAIR OF BURNS MERGE COLLECTORS.I JUST DID NOT LIKE THE BLOWER IDEA ON MY G/N. SO IM CONVERTING BACK TO TURBOCHARGED. MY GOAL IS 1600HP TO 1700HP............PLAN IS TO BE BACK TO DYNO IN THREE WEEKS. :)

No one can EVER accuse you of procrastination, that is for sure. Good luck with your adventure, it is one GREAT looking project. Take care.

Jim C.

INTHEEIGHTS: I saw the Steve Morris crew at the Drag Race Expo in schaumburg, IL a few weeks ago, they had some pretty impressive stuff on display. My personal favorite was their 1700+ HP Caprice WAGON! Unfortunately, I didnt see on their video display any video of the wagon making a pass! :(

I am exited about your change to the turbo set up, before I went sbc single turbo, I had debated about going sbc with xtrim simply for the fact that it would be allowed in Xtreeme Street, and then I could have got plates that read : GNXTRIM - lol ;)

I do have a question about stainless works.com though. When you ordered your stuff did they supply you with the v-band flanges, header flanges, prebent primary tubes and everything?

I havent started on the fabrication of my new turbo kit, but will need to start soon. I was considering just buying another mild build our own header kit like I did last time and getting it coated, but if $700 can get me stainless collectors, primaries, flanges, and primary tubes... I might go that route instead.

Let me know-

Thanks,

Cliff

( ya i was there to it was cool for a little PRI show.

i just got a good deal on the motor package and at the time it seemed like the right thing to do. then after it was all done and in the car i just could not bring my self to owning a blower on my g/n. i know thats cazy so i did the math and for what i got out of the blower.i payed for all the turbo stuff and put money in my pocket .i got $4700.00 for blower and headers.the turbo cost $2000.00 wasta gates and blow off valves $994.00 stainless $664.00 total cost of $3658.00 need to buy dump pipe and boost controller.

yes, they did have everything in stock. i looked all over out there and there prices where better then any suppler out there. so i bought every thing from them. nice parts too. a few posts up youll see where i posted pics of the turbo kit i put together to build .

Thanks,

Cliff[/QUOTE]Its money well spent .

Not really sure on the t5-t6 thing,Not really sure on the Machined down T4 deal,These guys we race with are sticklers for the rules.T5 turbos add 100#s to the car.
If they hear Machined down to a t4 its still a T6.
It would be interesting to try one for sure

Otto,
The innovative "legal" T-4 is a cut down T-6 I believe (please double check). It does have a part number from Innovative maybe that is why it is legal as a T-4? If Bullseye was to put a part number on a cut down T-6 it is should be legal as well? Just a thought, something to look into.
Mike

Well lets see. been hard at it but ran out of u bends in order to finish headers i have to place a order on monday. so heres some pics. i pick up the radiator and water fill neck 31 in by 20 in .

Attachments

• pics new headers 001.jpg
    pics new headers 001.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 292
  • pics new headers 002.jpg
    pics new headers 002.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 292
  • pics new headers 003.jpg
    pics new headers 003.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 295
  • pics new headers 004.jpg
    pics new headers 004.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 300
more pics........

Attachments

• pics new headers 005.jpg
    pics new headers 005.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 293
  • pics new headers 006.jpg
    pics new headers 006.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 292
  • pics new headers 007.jpg
    pics new headers 007.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 294
Is your turbo going to be totally supported by the exhaust or will u have a brace support??

no air filter???

Is your turbo going to be totally supported by the exhaust or will u have a brace support??

no air filter???
No, i have a brace that ties both frame horns in together and turbo will be mounted off of that. still in the r&d stages .air cleaner not sure about yet.............

Looks good! I can't tell by the pictures, is that turbo going to need an oil pump, or is it a gravity drain?

Looks good! I can't tell by the pictures, is that turbo going to need an oil pump, or is it a gravity drain?
Thanks, It has gravity drain an-10.Hey im coming down your way here in a few weeks to test with the car.so i wanted to stop by and meet ya.i might need ya for a day with the msd dig 7 programming .thanks see ya................

Damn you are moving fast! Looking great !! A question for you, I saw that Morris is using those ebay headers on that 1200 hp build, did you ever hear whet they thought of the headers over all ? Did they have any good or bad things to say about them?

Damn you are moving fast! Looking great !! A question for you, I saw that Morris is using those ebay headers on that 1200 hp build, did you ever hear whet they thought of the headers over all ? Did they have any good or bad things to say about them?
Hey thanks louie.steve actually thought for the price they where a hell of deal and made good power .......... i think youll see more an more twin sbc out there just because of cost factor.

Hey thanks louie.steve actually thought for the price they where a hell of deal and made good power .......... i think youll see more an more twin sbc out there just because of cost factor.

Cal and I spoke about it and for the money , just convert them to Vband at the ends for a single system. Kinda like quick 79 did on his car. Thinking of throwing a set on mine and givin it a try ..

Thats why i built my headers the way i did so i can go to twins later on.i think it also makes it easy to take apart user friendly.