Can You Say Big Turbo..............

I don't have any pics of it but there is a turbo Monte Carlo locally with the radiator laying flat in front of the engine. Seems like the water pump would have a hard time staying primed but it hasn't given him any trouble. The pump uses the common outlet and he has a long -an hose from the intake to the top side of the radiator. I have also saw them laying at about a 45 degree angle which may help with flow and cooling.
Dusty i was thinking of mounting it like a front mount intercooler in front of core support and have a custom radiator made and have an-12 fittens welded on inlet and outlet.just buy a filler neck that mounts on intake. whatcha think...........

Dusty i was thinking of mounting it like a front mount intercooler in front of core support and have a custom radiator made and have an-12 fittens welded on inlet and outlet.just buy a filler neck that mounts on intake. whatcha think...........

That would work. A 24x19 is a couple inches shorter than mine and a common size where mine's a 26x19. If you don't want to order a custom radiator you can buy the size you need and have your fittings welded to it when you make sure it fits. I use the filler neck on the intake also.

Call Muscle Motorsports; they sell used NASCAR stuff and usually have racing double pass radiators with the AN fitting already on them. I have a 29x15" or so on my car that came from them; it was something like $150. The fittings are usually -16 or -20; the hose and fittings will be more than the radiator. :)

You can sorta see mine here:
tuned_on_07.jpg

Call Muscle Motorsports; they sell used NASCAR stuff and usually have racing double pass radiators with the AN fitting already on them. I have a 29x15" or so on my car that came from them; it was something like $150. The fittings are usually -16 or -20; the hose and fittings will be more than the radiator. :)

You can sorta see mine here:
tuned_on_07.jpg
Sweet you dont happen to have phone # for them do ya. thanks for the pics it all helps.you got a bad a-s car your self .

how does one of the extened tips(80mm) compare to a GT47/80. I might be willing to try one.
Typically our 80mm makes the same HP as a Garrett 88mm, around 120 lbs/min. We made 1200HP at 23 psi on a 372 CI Blowthru setup at Steve Morris Racing.

More parts........im going to try and get the headers fab up this weekend.

Attachments

• headers and cars 001.jpg
    headers and cars 001.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 236
FYI, We are lined up to test two 80mm extended tip turbos on a 509 CI motor over at Steve Morris's tomorrow. Stay tuned, i'll post the results here.

FYI, We are lined up to test two 80mm extended tip turbos on a 509 CI motor over at Steve Morris's tomorrow. Stay tuned, i'll post the results here.
Thats why im building my headers with v bands at the collectors so it is easy to convert to twins so maybe thats a option. keep me posted pleazee.

oh, well sure if you need to break the 2000hp mark you will have to go to twins. I fully expect this setup to get there, especially since its intercooled.

Here are some more pics:biggrin:

Attachments

• 2007_0201chevyblockbigturbo0049.jpg
    2007_0201chevyblockbigturbo0049.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 340
Well, no one else has said it...so I will.

HOLY CRAP THAT'S A HUGE TURBO

At the sight of it, my brain has ceased to function and I have to go to bed.

Good luck with all that....friggin amazing.