Cam sensor timing

The reason why not to put anymore antifreeze into the since It will eat the bearings or corrode them, unless if the temp is really cold to freezing point that you have no choice, put minimal. Or just put water and place the car inside the garage.

Thanks to KingMoneyBank for coming to your assistant, and is it possible that you have a compression tester so both of you guys can do a compression test on each cylinder; to test if the HG is blown or not.

I'm not familiar with hot air system as the other guys are, but trying to give some ideas of the possibility like other motors

The reason why not to put anymore antifreeze into the since It will eat the bearings or corrode them, unless if the temp is really cold to freezing point that you have no choice, put minimal. Or just put water and place the car inside the garage.

Thanks to KingMoneyBank for coming to your assistant, and is it possible that you have a compression tester so both of you guys can do a compression test on each cylinder; to test if the HG is blown or not.

I'm not familiar with hot air system as the other guys are, but trying to give some ideas of the possibility like other motors

Thanks man I appreciate it! So it's not too cold over here and I do leave my car in the garage so water for a 10 min drive should be just fine correct? I really don't want to make matters worse than they already are

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

And these guys were telling me DO NOT put anymore antifreeze into my motor. It'll eat my bearings or corrode them lol

If you're in Detroit, and the car is outside in the freezing - then NO - you wil lneed anti freeze - or a good cover and a heater blowing on it - even then - that's risky this time of year

Thanks man I appreciate it! So it's not too cold over here and I do leave my car in the garage so water for a 10 min drive should be just fine correct? I really don't want to make matters worse than they already are

Water for a 10,000 mile trip is fine.
Preferred actually.
I run straight water.
Urban legend debunked - You will get better cooling with straight water than you do with a mix.
The mix is to keep you engine from blowing freeze plugs out the side.
And ostensibly to lubricate the water pump.
EDIT - And there is some increased boiling point effect at cylinder wall cooling jacket area
But a good additive like a RMI or Water Wetter accomplishes the same and more.

Water for a 10,000 mile trip is fine.
Preferred actually.
I run straight water.
Urban legend debunked - You will get better cooling with straight water than you do with a mix.
The mix is to keep you engine from blowing freeze plugs out the side.
And ostensibly to lubricate the water pump.
But a good additive like a RMI or Water Wetter accomplishes the same and more.

So what really is the main purpose for antifreeze. What does it actually prevent from freezing if water can do the same thing? And it's not that cold today just a little windy.

Wow I'm so thankful for this forum! You guys are great!! Continuously helping me with my endless amount of questions most of which are stupid lol but it's awesome to see so many great guys on here with the same passion and hobby all willing to help each other out! It's fricken awesome!!
That timing cover job would have never even been touched by my hands if it weren't for all you guys and so fat it looks like it's doing just fine!

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1384040160.959360.jpg

Thanks for all your help guys! She's up and running great...oh and that magical disappearing coolant, well it was just stupidity at its finest ill just leave it at that. I'm too embarrassed to even post what it was lol but anyways it's running great thanks to all you guys!

View attachment 206095
Thanks for all your help guys! She's up and running great...oh and that magical disappearing coolant, well it was just stupidity at its finest ill just leave it at that. I'm too embarrassed to even post what it was lol but anyways it's running great thanks to all you guys!

Come on now. Don't leave us hanging!! What was wrong?

So what really is the main purpose for antifreeze. What does it actually prevent from freezing if water can do the same thing? And it's not that cold today just a little windy.

Not me - from Wiki
Pure ethylene glycol has a specific heat capacity about one half that of water.
So, while providing freeze protection and an increased boiling point, ethylene glycol lowers the specific heat capacity of water mixtures relative to pure water.
A 50/50 mix by mass has a specific heat capacity of about 3140 J/kg C (0.75 BTU/lb F) three quarters that of pure water, thus requiring increased flow rates in same system comparisons with water.
Additionally, the increase in boiling point over pure water inhibits nucleate boiling on heat transfer surfaces thus reducing heat transfer efficiency in some cases, such as gasoline engine cylinder walls.
Therefore, pure ethylene glycol should not be used as an engine coolant in most cases.
Antifreeze

Ethylene glycol disrupts hydrogen bonding when dissolved in water.
Pure ethylene glycol freezes at about −12 °C (10.4 °F), but when mixed with water, the mixture does not readily crystallize, and therefore the freezing point of the mixture is depressed.
Specifically, a mixture of 60% ethylene glycol and 40% water freezes at −45 °C (−49 °F).[2] Diethylene glycol behaves similarly. It is used as a de-icing fluid for windshields and aircraft.

NOOOOO SAVE ME THE HUMILITY

Yeah man - that ain't right.
There's no shame in this game.
I'll show you a washer I found in a turbo charger that the gang helped me through 8 pages of ideas.

......a clamp was stripped so the coolant was just pouring out while I was driving but no trace of it when at idle......

-____________________________-

......a clamp was stripped so the coolant was just pouring out while I was driving but no trace of it when at idle......

-____________________________-

Well - that's cool.
Water pump oultet I'll assume
Those crappy a$$ed band clamps
I hardly trust them at all.

Well - that's cool.
Water pump oultet I'll assume
Those crappy a$$ed band clamps
I hardly trust them at all.
Yuuuup you guessed right! It would spill out right down the side of my timing cover so it wouldn't catch anywhere so I couldn't even see it. You guys have no idea how relieved i am that this was not a blown HG..holy crap I don't even want to think about that right now hahah

So - this thread is now officially done?
It is slightly bittersweet - since i wanted to see the car that drank coolant without a trace of it anywhere.
But I love a happy ending
Happy days! :D

THIS THREAD IS FINALY OVER!! But don't worry I'll find something else to annoy the sh*t out of you guess with sometime in the near future lol :)

THIS THREAD IS FINALY OVER!! But don't worry I'll find something else to annoy the sh*t out of you guess with sometime in the near future lol :)

Get in line young man

Don't be silly and forget to add a decent mix of anti freeze now - winter is almost here

Don't be silly and forget to add a decent mix of anti freeze now - winter is almost here
Oh good call but a member on here told me it is not necessary at all... I have a mice with alot of water an little bit of antifreeze in it right now..