Are Magnacor 10MM worth the money?

Jay,
Chill dude. We have 5 stores and a decent size mail order department. We can buy this stuff better that some small vendors. They might not be gouging but just cannot compete with volume purchase power, we sell for the same price as Summit 95% of the time but once in a while we cannot meet thir price and once in a while they cannot meet ours
Mike Licht

Originally posted by JayLashua
..Much like a mechanic shop would charge by the book (which says 1.5 hours) for a job which (clocked) took about 35 minutes.. and then try and explain what a good deal he cut you..

ohwell
:mad:

That's for sure!! I work for an aftermarket extended warranty company and see this every day! The dealers are the worst and the average person doesn't have a clue what's being done to them!

Volume discounts on spark plug wires is not going to equate to a $40 + difference! and I can still get ARP head bolts from a independantly owned speed shop for $35 compared to their $50 for the same set (basic '86/87 GN Hex bolt 170,000 PSI)

I personally prefer the Magnecor's. Tried Jacobs, and after some ends came off (WAY TOO EASY), I gave up on them.

I wouldn't take the Junk wires that RA sells if they were given to me :mad: Went through several sets, and the ends just pull right off, quite effortlessly, even beign carefull to grasp them properly. I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy. IMHO they're way over priced at anything over $10.

Can't comment on the MSD's. Never tried 'em.

I have Magnecor wires and hate them. I have broke and pulled off the ends of the wires. Their warranty does not cover the ends. I put the grease on them every time I used them. I think next time I am going to go with MSD.

I have the 10mm Mags and haven't had a problem yet. I got mine from Jack Cotton for around $75 or so. HTH

Have had a set of 10mm Mags for over 2 years now with many spark plug changes, no problems yet.

I HAD EXPERIENCE WITH 10mm MAGNACORES TWO DIFFERENT TIMES. BOUGHT A SET FROM MODERN MUSCLE.........MY CAR SPIT AND SPUTTERED ON THEM. GOT ANOTHER SET ON AN 86 GN I ACQUIRED A COUPLE YEARS LATER AND HAD THE SAME RESULT. NO PROBLEMS WITH ANY OTHER WIRES. YOU COULDN'T GIVE ME A SET OF THOSE WIRES. GOOD LUCK!

ive had 10 mm magncore wires for about seven years and they have never given me a problem. i would definately get them again when its time.:D

Quad Air- Armstrong wires are just great. I have used them on my car and our TTA for over 10 years. I have also used them on lots of other GNs. I had one end pull off over the years and that was my fault. I got mad and ripped #6 off when it was hot. There are lots of good wires but these look nice and have a nice snap when put on. Price is good, but I would use a higher priced wires if it made a difference and they looked decent.
Grease those boots and twist before you remove - works better on any brand.

i have a question.....why are 10mm wires neccessary? with a stock ignition system would'nt 8mm be plenty? ill be buying plugs soon and i dont see the need for 10mm unless you guys can talk me into it

fireberd350

Per Magnacore's website - there' NO difference between the 8.8 & 10 mm wires - only a difference in the size of the outside insulation.

I moho - if you have no crossfire with stock original or any others - why go to a larger od to make them harder to install.

how to make your own 10mm wires :)

start with 8.5mm wires

wrap them in duct tape in a spiral pattern

voila! 10mm wires!