Are Magnacor 10MM worth the money?

Mac

Guys,

I'm in need of some new plug wires and wondering if the Magnacor 10MM wires worth the high price. What are good alternatives?

Thanks,

Originally posted by Mac
and wondering if the Magnacor 10MM wires worth the high price.

Last time I checked it was $55 for the 10mm. I think Magecores are available in a bigger size wire now.

I think MSD are the best spark plug wire out there but only available on a 8.8mm size and its priced higher than the Magecores.

3 Additional High Quality Selections

Kenny Duttweiler uses MSD wiring.

Others prefer Moroso wires.

Still others like Jacobs.

HTH :)

Thanks for the response guys. I see That South East Turbo sells them for $112. Is that normal price?

I always had problems pulling the ends off the magnacores. Jacobs is a good wire. Lifetime warranty too from what I hear......Hard to beat the black wires Quad Air sells.

I've never had any problems with my 10mm's, but I've heard of others having the ends come off.

Magnacor also has a 8.8mm right? How about the wires that Red Armstrong sells?

If I had to buy another pair, I'd take a close look at those two.
-Banning.

Turbo V6,

Yes $112! Seems high for 6 plug wires doesn't it? Its on their website.

i paid like $28 for RA wires from Quad Air. they get the job done but when i pulled one boot off the plug it left the metal contact on it. it took me a while to figure why the wire wouldnt ohm right until i looked at the connector on the plug end. i told Quad Air about it and they promptly sent me 2 new replacement wires free of charge, nice folks:)

I just checked, and Ramchargers sells the Magnacor 10mm for $75 and 8.5mm for $69.

WOW the price did increase alot! About 3 years ago I purchased it from Bowling green Customs for $55.

msd superconductor cut to fit set, around $90 through a local speed shop.. best stuff out there. btw you get 8 wires so you have a few spares if need be..

oh yea forgot this wasnt the hotair forum.. must be nice having a set of wires you dont have to cut to fit yourself :p

I went with the 8.5's just because they fit the stock wire looms. Looking back maybe I should have gotten the 10's, got mine from Jack Cotton.

I thought I'd hear someone say Taylor wires.

:cool:

Good god you people are paying too much, I got my MSD 8.5 MM super conductor wires for $69..

This is horse ****, if ramcharges can sell 10mm Magnecore wires for $79 then there is NO REASON for southeast to charge $112 was it? Just like they want to charge $50 for a $35 (RETAIL COST) set of ARP HEAD BOLTS.. I like supporting vendors since they support **** like buick racing events, but this is absolutely ridiculous.

...Much like a mechanic shop would charge by the book (which says 1.5 hours) for a job which (clocked) took about 35 minutes.. and then try and explain what a good deal he cut you..

ohwell
:mad: