Anyone going to Cordova IL dragway Sunday?

I'm stopped in a small town right now. Not sure what happened but I lost my lock up on the convertor and boost is super fast. Looked everything over under the hood and can't find a problem. Afr is good tyranny shifting great. Scanmaster wont read on recall anymore either??

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Scanmaster only works on recall after a few secs of wot operation. Just getting on it hard won't establish a recall record. The lockup could be your vss. Do you see mph on the scanmaster matching up to your actual speed? If the vss is out, I believe that will not show a record in the SM either then.

I was in Argyle Iowa when I stopped.

Made it home fine, have all gears on transmission just no lockup.

I'll take a better look tomorrow.

Scanmaster only works on recall after a few secs of wot operation. Just getting on it hard won't establish a recall record. The lockup could be your vss. Do you see mph on the scanmaster matching up to your actual speed? If the vss is out, I believe that will not show a record in the SM either then.

Yes my MPH matches the scanmaster and I had did a couple 3rd gear pulls so there was info stored in the SM. Then all of the sudden it was gone and I had no lock up. Car runs fine otherwise. It spools a lot faster that it did before, not sure why? I even turned the boost down before I left. Should have been 18/19 and it hit 23.

I then turned it down again before I left Argyle to go home (burned the Sh&t out of my finger btw):mad: This morning I took the car out to see if the converter would lock and it doesn't but I let in to it in second nothing heavy and boost shot to 20/21.

Not sure if this could be an issue but TT/Ameasap looked at my car and said the turbo was not lined up properly with the inlet tube so I adjusted it down so it lined up better. Not sure if this is effecting the boost rod to where is might be bound a bit? I tightened all the clamps and checked all the vacuum lines too. I will check the brake switch today but what else would tell the converter to lock or unlock? If the car senses boost will it unlock the converter? If so how? Based on how fast the car is spooling I'm just wondering if somehow the car is under a little boost when I was driving normal, if this is even possible? I just heard some funny air noises I've never heard before.

I also have a cold air intake system so my air cleaner could have come unhooked. It's down behind the bumper so it's hard to see. That could be my air noise too. If the MAF started metering a lot more air because of no air cleaner could that effect lockup?

I have a few things to check out today.

Weird. Hope to see you this Sunday still, but I understand that it needs to be fixed before racing it. LMK if there's anything I can help you with. Tranny's are not my strong suit though. I have a great guy for that so I leave it to the experts in that category. Best wishes!

I talked to Dusty who sells the PTC stuff. He is going to watch the video and see what he thinks. His guess was that the converter fins laid over. This would explain a lot of my problems with faster boost etc and no lock up.

He is going to try and get the converter to me by Friday and if so I will see you Sunday.

I could have rebuilt my Pat's converter but it's not much more to get a new one by the time you factor shipping etc. We'll see how it goes.

I talked to Dusty who sells the PTC stuff. He is going to watch the video and see what he thinks. His guess was that the converter fins laid over. This would explain a lot of my problems with faster boost etc and no lock up.

He is going to try and get the converter to me by Friday and if so I will see you Sunday.

I could have rebuilt my Pat's converter but it's not much more to get a new one by the time you factor shipping etc. We'll see how it goes.

You'll like the PTC. My dad runs a 10" LU on his Camaro and it's great! I run a 5disc VIG but only b/c I got a great deal on it. It locks well at wot though which is fun. ;)

Don't lock that PTC at the track. Should work fine for mods.