Any Social Workers here?

Where is the car located? I am Old Town Spring, but I grew up right around the corner from your parents,on Fm 242. I am out of town in Florida until Tuesday, but will be happy to help with a PPI. I would not consider myself a TB expert, but I have over 30 years of automotive experience. I built my first SBC engine at age 15. I have built , shown, and won awards at many shows, including Super Chevy, Autorama, etc.I have owned my 87 GN for over 2 1/2 years, and have learned alot. Bison has personally seen and dyno tuned my car. I can take my Scanmaster out of my car, and install into the other car (owner permitting) and read codes. I can do a detailed brake / suspension / driveline inspection. I can npull plugs (owner permitting) and do a compression check. I can check vacuum lines, check the oil for condensation, check the up pipe for contaminationengineat age 15. I have personally built

Sorry i hit "reply" before i was done. I may be able to get the same board member here in Houston, that helped me inspect my car, when i first started working on it, to come along. You MUST come to the Buick club event on September 24, to see / meet the owners of these cars. This will make or break your decision to move forward or not. PM me the location, ad for sale, etc of this car.... James-

James,
Wow man I appreciate your offer/help/assistance. I pulled up the Carfax and even called said dealership months back and spoke with the "reported mechanic" that last worked on the car before it came to TX, he did not give it a glowing report or a bad report but I am not sure how familiar he is with turbocharged vehicles. I may have more turbo knowledge and experience than he has but I do not like to talk unkindly about anyone. I just know that my GN will be a DD and not a "weekend Queen" and MUST be reliable and not a money pit just to make reliable.

Here is the link to the GN, I believe honesty and full disclosure is best and will work in my favor and this is a great start for the GN new guy....http://www.auto.com/cars/buick-regal-grand_national-1987-1g4gj1177hp440244

Gregg

PS, Where is the club event being held? I will be there this time and thanks for the reminder. I am not adverse to giving out my cell number for calls or text either....281-796-3016. I do ask that I do not receive calls after 9pm M-F though, 13hr shift's.

Last edited:
I foolishly thought I could make a difference when I became a LEO, I was wrong.
I am willing to bet the farm that you made more of a positive difference than you realize. It's just the a$$holes in society that take the spotlight away from the appreciative people.
My teen age daughter hit a deer on the interstate. She was scared to death. Highway patrol officers on scene consoled her and called me immediately. I shook both the officers hands and profusely thanked them, after all my little girl is my baby. I emailed their commanding officer the next day and told him how professional and compassionate they were . He assured me that my email message would "go into their folders".

Why did I do this? I was just trying to make up for some of the a$$holes that LEO's have to put up with. Plus, one day a LEO just might have to save my own life. Just sayn'.........trying to pay it forward.

I am willing to bet the farm that you made more of a positive difference than you realize. It's just the a$$holes in society that take the spotlight away from the appreciative people.
My teen age daughter hit a deer on the interstate. She was scared to death. Highway patrol officers on scene consoled her and called me immediately. I shook both the officers hands and profusely thanked them, after all my little girl is my baby. I emailed their commanding officer the next day and told him how professional and compassionate they were . He assured me that my email message would "go into their folders".

Why did I do this? I was just trying to make up for some of the a$$holes that LEO's have to put up with. Plus, one day a LEO just might have to save my own life. Just sayn'.........trying to pay it forward.

You do understand (I'm sure most others here do as well). Normally it is a thankless profession but only takes one person to remind you that you do make a difference as a LEO and just as a good person in general. I did not enter the academy until I was 45 and one of my goals, if not the most important, was to remind people/society that I serve and work for them with pleasure. I have recently re-acquired the urge to start applying again to numerous departments of which some are out of my county yet would keep me away from looking after my mother who is battling cancer so the balancing act is rather delicate.

The social worker aspect was more than just a idea but more of what you mentioned....paying back. I have been so blessed all my life the "overflow" is often overwhelming, almost a burden, yet a burden I gladly carry.

Thank you for your kind words,
Gregg