Anyone ever filed a workers comp claim and/or disability claim?

The only thing I know for certain is that my job position and all the work it entailed caused my current issue yet I am thankful they helped me with treatment and a diagnosis, that is all I asked for and that is what I received. I doubt I will or can return to my initial position or will ever return.

TurboTGuy,
I gave you a hard time because I do not understand how you could compare playing a guitar to lifting and transporting thousands of pounds of product. I personally like to BB King (sit down while playing) but since I have not owned or played in about 3yrs your assessment does not hold water.

No worries, I don't get butt hurt too easily. :D

I wish you the best and hope you are able to find something you can do to make good living and be happy doing it.

At 45 years old and on a "lick and a promise",I walked away from everything I knew and took a job with a buddy's start up company. There were only 3 of us and his basic vision back then.

I am now 57 and work for the Penske organization, I have 42 people that report directly to me and between the 3 of us original guys, (all of us now work for Penske) we have over 250 direct report employees. I work with every brand of exotic car imaginable on a daily basis. I love my job!

Try not to get discouraged, you never know what's "up around the bend"..........

The shop this morning......

019.JPG

Last edited:
I understand that you were just trying to be helpful and I thank you for that and I appreciate your kind words, dang keyboards, right! :eek::D

Peace my brother. ;)

PS, I worked for Sphere Motorsports for a short time and had those kind of views everyday and drove more exotic cars than I ever thought I would, a great experience it was. If I may expand on the aspect of "you never know what is around the corner" and walking away from everything I understand....fly fishing teacher and guide/Montana ;). What a crazy and exciting life a person can have if they do not conform to the rules that society THINKS is normal.

Last edited:
I understand that you were just trying to be helpful and I thank you for that and I appreciate your kind words, dang keyboards, right! :eek::D

Peace my brother. ;)

PS, I worked for Sphere Motorsports for a short time and had those kind of views everyday and drove more exotic cars than I ever thought I would, a great experience it was. If I may expand on the aspect of "you never know what is around the corner" and walking away from everything I understand....fly fishing teacher and guide/Montana ;). What a crazy and exciting life a person can have if they do not conform to the rules that society THINKS is normal.

Rock on, turbo brother!

Been there years ago. One of the first things they will ask you is the exact time of injury. They will want to know exactly what you were doing and the time that caused the injury. Accumulative injuries are hard to prove.

I did this for a living for about 10 years. I was the safety officer so i was the other side of the fence.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I have had back issues since the 1980's and in 2002-2003 I was diagnosed with a degenerative disc. Speed up to 2016 and 52yrs of age and 6 weeks into a new job which I really like, and my co-workers are top notch, but the amount of lifting and physical work, using my back, has re-opened this issue. The pain is excruciating.

I missed work last Thurs & Fri and will not work any time soon. So this morning after texting my boss that I will not be in again I have decided that it is best to look into my options. I am by no means looking for a free ride off the back of others but I must do what is best for my health and use the programs available to me.

I am a native Texan and live in Houston if this information offers any help regarding advice I may receive.

Thank you in advance,
Gregg :)
As long as the initial claim was filed and that insurer still exists it can be traced back.
Back injuries are the tricky ones. They rear their heads months sometimes many years later. That's why no matter how small the injury it must be reported.

As i read, there was no initial work reated back injury?

So what you are going thru now is a result of a degenerative disease?

If you were aware of your limitations prior to this aggravation its likely that there is no aid available thru the employer.

You can call me if you want to and we can figure out where you stand.

Dan

The initial degenerative diagnosis came at a odd time as I was a desk jockey. I experienced no issues for 15yrs and frankly I am a tad surprised with this current issue and my condition has greatly improved with medication, Metaxalone and Naproxen, prescribed by the doctor and rest.

I start physical therapy tomorrow.

It doesnt matter if it was hard labor or not. If a company does not follow best management practices (BMP) then fault can be found. It all depends on if the company was held to OSHA's 1926 standards. An office that does nothing but push paper would not qualify.....but their maintenance guy would, and anyone whos job was affected by that scope of work.
A construction company's auditor is held to the same 1926 standard as anyone else in the company. A person working at burger king is not. They are governed by their states health department.

It doesnt matter if it was hard labor or not. If a company does not follow best management practices (BMP) then fault can be found. It all depends on if the company was held to OSHA's 1926 standards. An office that does nothing but push paper would not qualify.....but their maintenance guy would, and anyone whos job was affected by that scope of work.
A construction company's auditor is held to the same 1926 standard as anyone else in the company. A person working at burger king is not. They are governed by their states health department.

I do not know if this falls under BMP practices, sounds like it does though, the drivers were told that new back belts/supports were being purchased. The day of my injury I asked my fellow delivery driver about them and was told that they had already been received but that it was I who had to ask for one. Common sense tells me that the workers who are doing all the heavy lifting should automatically be issued one. If said employee receives, and signs, for there issued device yet fails to wear it while 'on company time' the company holds little culpability.

I started my disability claim this morning and after speaking with a representative my claim is looking good. I have no control over my condition and asking for help is hard for me.

I have decided not to pursue any claim for compensation. My existing condition that has been dormant should not be someone else's burden.

Looking for employment in West Houston if possible.

Thank you all for your advice and input,
Gregg ;)

Sooooooooo, are you throwing caution to the wind and moving to Montana, or looking for employment in West Houston?

"Enquiring" minds want to know........

You're a bit hard to keep up with but mostly, you're all over the place here.........

I'm honestly hoping you find whatever it is you are searching for...... Perhaps reeling it all in just a bit will help.

No worries, I don't get butt hurt too easily. :D

I wish you the best and hope you are able to find something you can do to make good living and be happy doing it.

At 45 years old and on a "lick and a promise",I walked away from everything I knew and took a job with a buddy's start up company. There were only 3 of us and his basic vision back then.

I am now 57 and work for the Penske organization, I have 42 people that report directly to me and between the 3 of us original guys, (all of us now work for Penske) we have over 250 direct report employees. I work with every brand of exotic car imaginable on a daily basis. I love my job!

Try not to get discouraged, you never know what's "up around the bend"..........

The shop this morning......

View attachment 291018

Oh man you have to endure those horrid working conditions day in and day out?? That has to be tough!!!

Killer Gig!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk