6870 precision turbo on a stage 2 any one?

Vince Janis told me to never use dex 6.
It all depends where you want to shift. At high 8 sec power, an 18 blade stalled at 6000 and i shifted at 6400 to 6600. I now run a 20 blade and it flashes to 6400, and I shift at 7000. I wish I had the 18 blade, I want to put a 3 bolt 71hpq back on it and go TSM racing now that the weight penality for a stage block is gone.

I run strictly hygard. It holds up to heat very well.

There's two viscosity hygard to choose from.

21b4b68bacb47952e34254ebc845ced6.jpg
I will stick with what I usually use if it's too tight then I will figure something else out

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

What viscosity is this this is what I usually run

Ok it looks like the ty22062 has a viscosity of 30 weight. The ty6342 has the viscosity of 10 weight. Looks like I might try ty6342

Wow that's a huge difference between the 6870 and the 6766 .81s starting at 30psi, didn't expect it to be that much.
Back pressure problems maybe?

Yes I was surprised to glad I'm going with the 96 housing

Lots of backpressure with the .85 three bolt housing. Lots. That's a big exhaust wheel for a three bolt housing.

Looking at the data I think I made the right decision going with the 96 housing

Lots of experience on this thread. What do you guys think of this combo?

Iron 4.1 stage II, 3.965 bore
TA heads ( stage 2 port work from TA)
226-226 hydraulic roller, 1.55 rocker
4 bolt 71hpqbb with .81 exhaust
EA 200-4R
XFI
120lb injectors
E85

Have not picked a converter yet. Was going to get an opinion from Dusty or Lonnie. Primarily will be a street car.

Thanks

Lots of experience on this thread. What do you guys think of this combo?

Iron 4.1 stage II, 3.965 bore
TA heads ( stage 2 port work from TA)
226-226 hydraulic roller, 1.55 rocker
4 bolt 71hpqbb with .81 exhaust
EA 200-4R
XFI
120lb injectors
E85

Have not picked a converter yet. Was going to get an opinion from Dusty or Lonnie. Primarily will be a street car.

Thanks
What fuel pump are you running?

My 68 is really happy around 25-28 pounds. These billet turbos make crazy power way lower in the boost curve.

You can use fluid to tighten and loosen the converter a little. We use John Deer Hygard instead of trans fluid, this will tighten it up some. Switch back to trans fluid to loosen it up.

I wonder what the stall difference would be running the HY Gard ty 6342 have you ever run that it's like 10 weight

I'm going to try the Walbro 430 pump with a volt booster and the Racetronix fuel lines. I'd like to see how far it will take me.

I know I'll eventually need a DP if wanting more power.

I wonder what the stall difference would be running the HY Gard ty 6342 have you ever run that it's like 10 weight

I run the lighter viscosity hygard, I couldn't give you a good number.

I'm going to try the Walbro 430 pump with a volt booster and the Racetronix fuel lines. I'd like to see how far it will take me.

I know I'll eventually need a DP if wanting more power.

I would absolutely get a double pumper or Walbro with that combo. Think of the fuel pump as insurance, over insure the motor against grenading.
I can sell you a racetronix dp, but even if you don't get it from me, I would seriously consider the upgrade.

The hygard is going to lower the flash stall, i think you will need more flash stall. It will spool fine, just not be at the happy rpm range going down the track, leaving a little on the table. I pick up 2mph by having the engine at 6400 to 7000 rather than 6000 to 7000.