6870 precision turbo on a stage 2 any one?

I wonder what its rated with the 3 bolt.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Does the 6870 3bolt housing have the same exh wheel as the 4bolt housing? I have seen that the 71 HPS and 71HPQ had different exh wheels because of the 3 to 4 bolt housings. The HPS made more power because the exh wheel couldn't physically fit into the 3 bolt housing. Is that the same principals being taken with the 3 and 4 bolt housing on the 6870? or does the 4 bolt housing alone with the same exh wheel just make more power?

Yes. The 68/70 was originally only offered in four bolt for the import market. It took lots of calls to Precision to get them to machine three bolt housings to fit the 70 wheel.
The 68 wheels have been discontinued and the 70 turbine is all they offer for the 68 compressor.

If the exh wheel is the same on both 3 bolt and 4 bolt housings, he should buy a 4 bolt now that the car is apart with the matching flange that Precision sells, and see what the results would be using a 4 bolt on his 2nd build. It would be interesting to see what gains if any are had making the swap.

He is wanting to run TSM with the car, and we have to run the three bolt.

I've got my price / spec. sheet open. Here are some answers to previous questions:

7675 GT42 style - 1200 hp rating
7675 CEA - 1200 hp rating
7175 GT42 style - 1015 hp rating
6766 CEA - 935 hp rating
6785 CEA - 1100 hp rating - WOW
7285 CEA - 1200 hp rating
76 NMCA Extreme street T5 - 1300 hp rating

The 7168 is discontinued, we've had discussions with Precision about making a 71/70 three bolt.

A larger three bolt housing is not an option. I'm assuming the costs involved with creating the casting is not going to be recovered. We discussed this with them and other vendors at the PRI show, one vendor actually offered to do the casting, but it would have been Chinese product.

5452d56beb76d080a6b28a7b3b3390dc.jpg
ok ordered a new exhaust housing kit from precision one for the downpipe and another one where I'm going to cut off the 3 bolt on the exhaust and weld the vband I already have a mock up Motor in my shop so I will just bolt everything up and do it on that they said this new exhaust housing is a complete upgrade from the T 4 and t3

Let me quote Precision turbos before you buy. Pm me and I can get you a price pretty quick.

I would like to do a 6766 .81 4 bolt on a street car. I think it would be a killer 8 sec capable turbo with little lag. Not sure about comp or bw as far as power vs lag. I know they both make some nice stuff.
A 67/66 is available with a .82 T4 tangential v band housing.

So I'm going from a 3 bolt 81 a/r exhaust housing to the new v band 96 a/r exhaust housing .how do you think the spool up is going to be on this for my ta stroker