6870 precision turbo on a stage 2 any one?

nat86

Looking for feedback from people who have used this precision 6870 turbo? Do you like do you not like back pressure spool up wise. I have the turbo and it's going on my TA stroker.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Ta headers 3-1/2 down pipe external wastegate .solid roller camshaft 230-230 .e85 160 injectors

Would have been sweet to see that setup with the 4 bolt. Still can't wait to see what it does with the 3 bolt

Yes I'm excited to see how it goes. Cal Hartline will be tuning it .I was just curious to see what others think of it

Your setup is very close to mine. My cam is a hair bigger and I'm running a 70

Awesome looking forward to Cal flying down and dyno time! ! Going to log back pressure

I was jus thinking the same thing like I wud expect another 150-200 hp at those boost levels. I wonder how much better the 4 bolt wud do? I'm sure the 3 bolt was getting some back pressure.

660 at 18 is awesome but only picking up 100hp with 13 pounds more isn't.

Would definitely like to know what heads and if that was on a 3 bolt 760 at 31 psi ?

It is a 4.0 bore long rod stroker motor with TA production style heads.
Q16 and 16 degrees of timing. And it is a three bolt 68.
He took it to 36 pounds of boost on the street and a cylinder sleeve let go.

I would be discouraged about only gaining 100 hp going from 18 to 31 psi. I think it's too small a turbo for a big cubic inch motor.

I make comparable power at 28 lbs with a 245 ci stock block. If you run the numbers, it should take 863 hp to run 148.9 at 3350 pounds.

I've always thought that the 76 was the optimum turbo for a stage motor.

But that's just an opinion.

What type of dyno was this on? That can make a big difference. I ran 147+ mph at 3350lbs right after putting down 727hp on a mustang dyno. The 863hp number is more like a dynojet number.

I've never been on a dyno. That's just the number you get when you punch in mph and weight in the racing calculators. I have no idea if that's even close to correct.

I've never been on a dyno. That's just the number you get when you punch in mph and weight in the racing calculators. I have no idea if that's even close to correct.
I rarely see a dyno# and racing calc # match a 1/4 mile pass.dyno is a nice tuning tool though.