6870 cea vs 71hpq

Just out of curiosity, what size throttle body would you recommend for that turbo and what do you think about the rjc distribution plate? Is there a point at which you no longer benefit from it/ it does more harm that good? Was that guy running a stock MAF???
You would use a throttle body that will flow what the engines needs based on displacement and rpm. I've never logged egt on a car with and without a plate an don't have any actual data to post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would use a throttle body that will flow what the engines needs based on displacement and rpm. I've never logged egt on a car with and without a plate an don't have any actual data to post.

I asked because you were on the subject of restricted air flow causing unwanted and unnecessary back pressure and thus slowing the car down. You've stated that in an application that you've experienced first hand, a guy had a MAF that was causing a fair deal of back pressure. You didn't state exactly what MAF that guy had. So without overly complicating things, you're pretty much just saying that if you're trying to get the most out of this turbo as possible, that there should be as little restriction as possible between the air filter to the end of the exhaust, right? So, in this application that would mean a high flow/no air filter (at the track), 4" intake pipe with no reduction for a MAF, 3" intercooler pipes, 70mm throttle body, ported intake, ported aluminum heads and at least a 3" downpipe with dump? According to what you've stated, in theory, even with a 1.6 60', the car should still run off into the 9's with the boost at 24-27psi measured from the intake, right? (assuming it's getting the necessary fuel and spark)

I find it rather odd how after all these years, you've never gather data on the rjc air distribution plate. Some people love them and some say not to use them since they can't help but restrict air flow... Some even say don't use them if you're running Alky and yet you've never gotten curious enough to gather any facts??? Why is that?? You seem like the kind of guy that likes knowing instead of assuming...

ur contradicting urself..... u want data from the RJC distribution plate but you clearly state urself there are so many different variables. so wat wud expect him to do try out every single combo out there to get some data?

and even that wudnt be accurate cause elevation from different parts of the country play a role and so do varying dat to day temps and humidity. so u want him to explore every single different combo out there with different temps, humidity and altitude to see wat combo the RJC plate benefits and which it doesn't? yea ok....:rolleyes:

I asked because you were on the subject of restricted air flow causing unwanted and unnecessary back pressure and thus slowing the car down. You've stated that in an application that you've experienced first hand, a guy had a MAF that was causing a fair deal of back pressure. You didn't state exactly what MAF that guy had. So without overly complicating things, you're pretty much just saying that if you're trying to get the most out of this turbo as possible, that there should be as little restriction as possible between the air filter to the end of the exhaust, right? So, in this application that would mean a high flow/no air filter (at the track), 4" intake pipe with no reduction for a MAF, 3" intercooler pipes, 70mm throttle body, ported intake, ported aluminum heads and at least a 3" downpipe with dump? According to what you've stated, in theory, even with a 1.6 60', the car should still run off into the 9's with the boost at 24-27psi measured from the intake, right? (assuming it's getting the necessary fuel and spark)

I find it rather odd how after all these years, you've never gather data on the rjc air distribution plate. Some people love them and some say not to use them since they can't help but restrict air flow... Some even say don't use them if you're running Alky and yet you've never gotten curious enough to gather any facts??? Why is that?? You seem like the kind of guy that likes knowing instead of assuming...

. . .

"I" find it rather odd that he (Bison) shared more data than anyone ever has . . . For free . . . and now there is an expectation of him to test and share data on his dime?

You seem like a person who wants to know and not assume . . . . . Is there a chance for YOU to administer the tests and share the data publicly?

The airflow that flows through the engines throttle body in a blow through is pretty much determined by the engine size and speed. Confusing mass flow with air flow is common. The car had a 3.5" LT1 MAF. It still has a stock location intercooler that's equivalent to running a marathon breathing through a straw. The car ran 9.87@137+ 24psi boost. 60' was 1.44. There's no way to gather the data accurately without analyzing before and after with logged egt data. I don't assume anything but don't have the time to test items like this. I've seen cars with and without 93/alky run fast with and without these plates. I have plenty of logs with what I know works and has been proven multiple times. I can do the test next spring if someone wants to pay me for my time. I'll post all the data after importing to a spreadsheet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The airflow that flows through the engines throttle body in a blow through is pretty much determined by the engine size and speed. Confusing mass flow with air flow is common. The car had a 3.5" LT1 MAF. It still has a stock location intercooler that's equivalent to running a marathon breathing through a straw. The car ran 9.87@137+ 24psi boost. 60' was 1.44. There's no way to gather the data accurately without analyzing before and after with logged egt data. I don't assume anything but don't have the time to test items like this. I've seen cars with and without 93/alky run fast with and without these plates. I have plenty of logs with what I know works and has been proven multiple times. I can do the test next spring if someone wants to pay me for my time. I'll post all the data after importing to a spreadsheet.
Ah, so I somewhat misunderstood what you were originally saying. That makes a sense. I like how you think. Thank you for clarifying. If you're in BG tomorrow, I'd love to meet you.

ur contradicting urself..... u want data from the RJC distribution plate but you clearly state urself there are so many different variables. so wat wud expect him to do try out every single combo out there to get some data?

and even that wudnt be accurate cause elevation from different parts of the country play a role and so do varying dat to day temps and humidity. so u want him to explore every single different combo out there with different temps, humidity and altitude to see wat combo the RJC plate benefits and which it doesn't? yea ok....:rolleyes:
It's somewhat difficult for me to understand what you're saying, but I think I get the just of it... I'm not fund of the way you think so far. I never once asked that he gather any data. In fact, I only asked for his opinion. Guess ASSuming didn't work out so well for you this time eh?:rolleyes:

"I" find it rather odd that he (Bison) shared more data than anyone ever has . . . For free . . . and now there is an expectation of him to test and share data on his dime?

You seem like a person who wants to know and not assume . . . . . Is there a chance for YOU to administer the tests and share the data publicly?
I like Bruce Lee, so I will try to be kind in his honor despite the ignorance I've been subjected to... I never once asked that anyone gather any data. I simply asked for what I consider a professional opinion. I've noticed that he is an intelligent individual and I figured that to have gained that much knowledge and wisdom, he would have to be at least as curious as me. However, I didn't factor in time and/or money for various reasons.

I'd love to gather said data and share my findings for all to see and one day, I very well may be a valued contributor to the community... I would just need to gather a lot more information first so that the information I provide is up to my standards. I'm young and don't know everything required to preform such a task yet. However, I am very capable of learning and applying my knowledge. Finding a teacher is the fun part. I must first be ready and only that do I expect a teacher to appear. Until then, I will continue to gain knowledge and wisdom on my own.

I wish this thread didn't go off course. I watched a GN with that turbo run 9s when I did a track rental last Wednesday. It's a street car driven a lot. It really moved.

I find it rather odd how after all these years, you've never gather data on the rjc air distribution plate. Some people love them and some say not to use them since they can't help but restrict air flow... Some even say don't use them if you're running Alky and yet you've never gotten curious enough to gather any facts??? Why is that??
it not anyone's responsibility but the owner or crew that is trying to get the car to run well to interpret and figure out how the combo and its parts work.

there is plenty of info on this turbo over on the supra forums,mainly dyno stuff but interesting.this turbo as well as 67/66,72/75,gt42 all were ran hard with different ex housings.the 68/70 made around 1050 rwhp on a 4bolt .82 recording a little higher backpressure and more boost(35psi),with a .96 it made less power and spooled slower and made less boost(29psi),bp was a little lower.

they also list spool time and what is done internally to the motor so one can get a clear picture.

Everything I've seen on it, it's always right at 2:1 back:boost even with different housings. See anything different?

Everything I've seen on it, it's always right at 2:1 back:boost even with different housings. See anything different?
on the supras its lower, they get it to a point where they feel its out of compressor when they went with the .96 and lost over 50rwhp.they feel that a larger displacement motor would needed for the .96.on the buicks I haven't seen this turbo yet everything points to a 3 bolt choke with the exception of ritchies statement perhaps he could shed some light.

I apologize if I may be getting off of the subject but Im looking for the latest/wicked turbo to install on my 109 Stroker by Dan @ DLS for my TTA. This turbo way to big? Running a 3200 stall in a 200R4 and working with a 3 bolt flange.