6870 cea vs 71hpq

I dont know about that particular chip, but get with Eric and confirm that your out of fuel. The SD2 fuels to 255, but only shows 154 in the book.
Otherwise, SD2 for what...450? or Xfi for ...2000

Hello, Id scale the timing back a bunch for 28# boost. I wouldn't run more than 17* up top at those levels..
A/F target with dual nozzle and meth should be 10.5-10.1

Good luck,

Joe

I finally made it to the track again yesterday to test out this new turbo 6870 CEA S compared to my old 6766 CEA H. Boost was set at 28 psi the same as last time . The track was not hooking any better then the street the track was not working well . The car still spent bad but was faster overall.The turbo change drop the et. From 10.91 to 10.50 .the track was crowded and it was a hour wait in between making passes. I love this turbo n this is a "real world " low 10 / 9 Second power turbo even with bad traction in a full weight car with air-conditioning and heat still in tact and amps in the car also.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    736.3 KB · Views: 311
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    724.9 KB · Views: 309
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    772.4 KB · Views: 312
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    890.3 KB · Views: 306
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    864.1 KB · Views: 311
I finally made it to the track again yesterday to test out this new turbo 6870 CEA S compared to my old 6766 CEA H. Boost was set at 28 psi the same as last time .
what kind of combo are you running these turbo's on?

I finally made it to the track again yesterday to test out this new turbo 6870 CEA S compared to my old 6766 CEA H. Boost was set at 28 psi the same as last time . The track was not hooking any better then the street the track was not working well . The car still spent bad but was faster overall.The turbo change drop the et. From 10.91 to 10.50 .the track was crowded and it was a hour wait in between making passes. I love this turbo n this is a "real world " low 10 / 9 Second power turbo even with bad traction in a full weight car with air-conditioning and heat still in tact and amps in the car also.

That turbo is not a low 10 / high 9 ... It is a mid 8 sec turbo. It all ready has gone deep 8s with with less boost than you ran.. Good luck with your combo hope your next track outing will be prepped better so you can 60ft better.. Keep us posted

That turbo is not a low 10 / high 9 ... It is a mid 8 sec turbo.
right,which usually makes for slug on a mild build.whats nice to hear is it seems to be very responsive but I would like to know a little about the combo;)

right,which usually makes for slug on a mild build.whats nice to hear is it seems to be very responsive but I would like to know a little about the combo;)
The combo is 4.1 - Ported irons-215/220 hyd roller - 80s & alky -5.7tt chip. (got this from digging).

The turbine wheel is very similar in comparison to the bw 80/73 s300 wheel. I think for someone looking to save some cash that the sxe s369 is the way to go. I'd bet they spool very close to one another and make similar power. I'm very surprised with spool on my s366 turbo. After some tweaks to my timing curve this turbo comes on very fast. Don't get me wrong, it's not a tire fryer on the street like a 62mm is but it shines on the race track.

id say u have other issues u need to iron out if ur at 28 lbs with a 6766 and just shy of an 11 second pass. a bigger turbo is not ur solution.

like Bison always says 99% of the ppl on this board have not utilized the turbo they have before thinking a bigger turbo is their solution.

Bison went high 9's with a 6265 stock block stock stroke alum head motor at almost 136 mph at maybe 29-30 lbs. thats 8 mph faster then ur going with a Turbo rated at like 400 hp more. bigger aint always better.....

that 6870 flows a TON of air. 8 second power.

I went 10.3@130 with a stock bottom end, 210/215 cam, very midly ported stock heads, and an old te63e on 25psi. Looking for 9s next time out. Far cry from a 4.1 with a 6870

I think it's sorta cool that an 8 sec turbo still works well on a 10 sec car. Couldn't do that back in the day!

The combo is 4.1 - Ported irons-215/220 hyd roller - 80s & alky -5.7tt chip. (got this from digging).
if thats right things are a little clearer now.looking at his slip he pickup up everywhere,but the 6766 timeslip looks real soft for that combo.

I think it's sorta cool that an 8 sec turbo still works well on a 10 sec car. Couldn't do that back in the day!
It does if you restrict the hell out of it fore and aft. Had a car in for an XFI on Monday with this turbo on a 9.6:1 CR 4.1 and the owner was able to run boost down into the mid 20's with it when it came in. Once we got rid of the MAF there was no way to control boost. He had to increase the open cross section of the bypass and use a lighter spring to gain some control. Should see numbers in a week or so but based on the logs it looks like it's up over 100whp with 3-4psi less boost than the "restricted" combo on the chip. Running a turbo that can flow 100lbs/min or more on a restricted combo that's restricting it to 75lbs/min isn't going to produce any useful performance. Unfortunately we didn't get any pre XFI exhaust pressure numbers but I wouldn't be surprised if exhaust pressure requirement to flow 70lbs/min dropped by 15-20psi to produce the same 75lbs/min at less boost than before! It's like taking an elite marathon runner and making them breath the race through a straw. All points should be measured. Drive pressure, hot boost pressure, hot boost temp, cold boost temp and cold boost pressure. Without this data will not be able to pinpoint the problem areas. This turbo is capable of passes well into the 9's letting off well before the 660' with manifold pressures in the mid 20's on the correct combo. You can't have anything holding it back to get the full potential. With several things wrong Perfomance will be way off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how close it is to the surge line. Wish they published compressor maps for these newer turbos.

It does if you restrict the hell out of it fore and aft. Had a car in for an XFI on Monday with this turbo on a 9.6:1 CR 4.1 and the owner was able to run boost down into the mid 20's with it when it came in. Once we got rid of the MAF there was no way to control boost. He had to increase the open cross section of the bypass and use a lighter spring to gain some control. Should see numbers in a week or so but based on the logs it looks like it's up over 100whp with 3-4psi less boost than the "restricted" combo on the chip. Running a turbo that can flow 100lbs/min or more on a restricted combo that's restricting it to 75lbs/min isn't going to produce any useful performance. Unfortunately we didn't get any pre XFI exhaust pressure numbers but I wouldn't be surprised if exhaust pressure requirement to flow 70lbs/min dropped by 15-20psi to produce the same 75lbs/min at less boost than before! It's like taking an elite marathon runner and making them breath the race through a straw. All points should be measured. Drive pressure, hot boost pressure, hot boost temp, cold boost temp and cold boost pressure. Without this data will not be able to pinpoint the problem areas. This turbo is capable of passes well into the 9's letting off well before the 660' with manifold pressures in the mid 20's on the correct combo. You can't have anything holding it back to get the full potential. With several things wrong Perfomance will be way off

Sent from my iPhone (Apple SUCKS) using Tapatalk

Just out of curiosity, what size throttle body would you recommend for that turbo and what do you think about the rjc distribution plate? Is there a point at which you no longer benefit from it/ it does more harm than good? Was that guy running a stock MAF???

Last edited: