6870 cea vs 71hpq

007gn

Has anyone ran this new 6870 at the track yet to see if it's faster or as fast as the 71hpq . At the 5700-6000 rpm at 25-30 psi boost range.I just bought this new 6870cea dbb but I haven't bolted it on yet . But I went out trying to buy the 71hpq. The guy at precision told me & swears that this new 6870 will make more power than the 71 hpq at the 5700-6000 rpm range /25-30psi boost range... With all other things being equal . I haven't heard of any TSM guys using it.Any input would be appreciated thanks .

subscribed. A close friend of mine just bought a 6870 for his 2jz supra.
Yes I just bought the 6870dbb h cover .85 ex for my car. But this wasn't the turbo I was after. So what are all the TSM guys are gonna use now ?? The 71hpq seemed to be their go to turbo.

6870 has been in the 8s already. And is capable of making 1100 hp. If you have the supporting mods. And will spool faster too of course with the right converter:)

The guy at precision told me & swears that this new 6870 will make more power than the 71 hpq at the 5700-6000 rpm range /25-30psi boost range...
really?boost is just a number.from what I have seen boost/power is affected by the build approach.

If this is the turbo I think it is, then it's based off of the GT42 style turbo's. The exh housing are huge like the GT42's and support big hp. I was talking to Cal about this turbo the other day. Not sure if it's the same one you are talking about, But it is new and it is 68mm. I'm hearing that it is comparable to my turbo I am currently running.

6870 has been in the 8s already. And is capable of making 1100 hp. If you have the supporting mods. And will spool faster too of course with the right converter:)
Was this in 3 or 4 bolt configuration and do you know what size engine and heads?

Hello,

Not in the 3 bolt configuration which is offered to us.

.82 is a 700-800 HP housing. Put its very subjective. He's probably on a dynojet at 45psi, 200 shot of nitrous and someone fudging the numbers on the settings

Bison would know best if this turbo would work on a Buick with the 3 bolt ex. Housing as to how well it would perform . Or how it needs to be set up. Sales people will say almost anything to make a sale.

I'd be interested in seeing what that turbine would do with a less aggressive compressor bolted to it.

I looked at one these in a four bolt config this weekend at the Yellowbullet nats. Another question I have is this turbine wheel the same one that is in a 6266? Looked like the same wheel cut down 4 mm to me.

Bison would know best if this turbo would work on a Buick with the 3 bolt ex. Housing as to how well it would perform . Or how it needs to be set up. Sales people will say almost anything to make a sale.
It will work well in a 10:1 engine with a bunch of other important stuff if you want to run low 9's/high 8's. It's not happy in a 3 bolt housing and needs other things to get it done. A .96a/r tang housing or pro mod style would really open up the potential

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will work well in a 10:1 engine with a bunch of other important stuff if you want to run low 9's/high 8's. It's not happy in a 3 bolt housing and needs other things to get it done. A .96a/r tang housing or pro mod style would really open up the potential

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats not true.