67 turbo on a 231/235cu.in

Hey guys,

Is there anyone out their running a 67 series turbo on a 231 to 235cu. in motor? And if so what kind of setup and time/power (HP) have been achieved? Hope I stated this clear enough.

To answer the original question...........

My street GN currently runs a 6765 on a 235 cid motor with good supporting parts and has run a best of 10.12 @ 131 so far with conservative boost at 27psi - this is at 3714#s launching off the foot brake. That would put it around 700hp calculating off the weight and mph. It'll go faster with a little more boost if I don't yank it and build another one first. :rolleyes:

My street GN currently runs a 6765 on a 235 cid motor with good supporting parts and has run a best of 10.12 @ 131 so far with conservative boost at 27psi - this is at 3714#s launching off the foot brake. That would put it around 700hp calculating off the weight and mph. It'll go faster with a little more boost if I don't yank it and build another one first. :rolleyes:

iron heads?

My street GN currently runs a 6765 on a 235 cid motor with good supporting parts and has run a best of 10.12 @ 131 so far with conservative boost at 27psi - this is at 3714#s launching off the foot brake. That would put it around 700hp calculating off the weight and mph. It'll go faster with a little more boost if I don't yank it and build another one first.

Bent6,

What convertor are you running?

I have a fresh built 30 over 231 w/all the goodies, fully ported irons,duel alky,built 200, with a 6765 billet tuned by Otto. And it makes 565 RWHP, 600 LBS of Torque at only 22lbs of boost. Wait till we Turn it UP! :eek:

My old set up was 6765 precision with an 87 original un opened 37K mile engine and never dyno it but with 3800 pounds in vehicle and driver it would run 11.40 all day long on 93 octane with alky and that's with the most conservative tune ever as I drove it to the track raced it and then home. Have driven it 5 hours to a race, raced 3 days all day long and then home. It was a daily driver in good weather. Boost was at 24 as I recall at track. No porting or anything had been done to it.
Guys rode in my car amazed it had zero turbo lag. U hit the pedal and its gone.
For all those that told me a 67 is too big for street and won't be fun with a stocker u are all crazy IMO

My guess 35-40........
It ran 9.70s averaging 26 lbs maybe tipping 27 in high gear . Not every car the same the guy i worked on this for had a budget of 4000.00 thats for everything heads ,hyd roller ,timming cover ,head studs gaskets ,deep pan from jason . Goin fast takes a combo not just parts the car would run 9.40 if we pushed all out but we had had no track time and the suspension on this car just didnt work well and a 67 only makes so much power. A tsm 70 turbo makes 180 horses more the 6776 that we run im sure if the motor held up we could break or match the stock head record. Im hoping Randy A gets it done soon so we can work on other things hehe.

I have a fresh built 30 over 231 w/all the goodies, fully ported irons,duel alky,built 200, with a 6765 billet tuned by Otto. And it makes 565 RWHP, 600 LBS of Torque at only 22lbs of boost. Wait till we Turn it UP! :eek:

you make it to the track yet?

Nah i haven't made it to the track yet.....its cold here now and most are closed for the winter, but i will be ready to cut her loose soon as the spring comes :biggrin: combo is working very well. Looking to go 10.00 - 10.30 with a goo hook ;)

Look at the THS class.. The record holder has been 9.80 with stock stroke and iron heads with a 6765 with the 3x2 compressor cover. He has been faster since then.

why would one choose a 6768 over the 6765?

solely on their ET goals?

im guessing ET i know the 6768 has the HPQ cover it think thats what its called . If im going to spend 2k i want to do it once an grow into it.

I say that all the time to a few guys I know when they cringe at turning the boost up over 25psi :rolleyes:

yup !!!! Build a godzilla motor an run 20#s of boost :rolleyes: "Ya it has a lot more in it IF I want to turn up the boost !!" ya right :p Then ya see the car for sale saying it "should do this or should do that" :biggrin:

im guessing ET i know the 6768 has the HPQ cover it think thats what its called . If im going to spend 2k i want to do it once an grow into it.

If I'm not mistaken the HPQ is the exhaust wheel...... just like the new billet 71 is running. I would assume since the exhaust wheel is different.... the exhaust housing is also slightly different.

Getting OT....... but what I would like to know...... have they tested a 6268? ..... or a 62 with the new designed exhaust wheel they made for the new billet 64mm?

but what I would like to know...... have they tested a 6268? ..... or a 62 with the new designed exhaust wheel they made for the new billet 64mm?

Currently the largest turbine wheel available for the billet 62mm turbo, is the 6265.

There are currently no plans at this time to go larger on the turbine wheel for the 62mm turbo.

The new unit that we displayed at PRI, was our 1 of 1, CEA 6466. It's a brand new unit that features a 64mm compressor wheel and a new 66mm turbine wheel. No results to date, but I will definitely let everyone know when I have the info.
Hope this helps.

Patrick